How would you rank the kick we will receive soon? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

How would you rank the kick we will receive soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW, through the UT grapevine, one of their donors is telling us it's UCONN and Cincy for all sports, BYU for football only, and either Boise State or UCF for football only. According to this source, the Sooners had to threaten to leave the conference to insure that UH didn't get in, but indicates it's possible it was a bluff intended to get BYU in. If true, then Cincy and UCONN were solidly in no
matter what, and the scramble is for Nos. 13 and 14. The UT folks don't think UH has the votes from the non-TX schools to make it.

Again, nothing but unsubstantiated rumors with no warranty.

This goes along with what Dodd said in the radio interview. Bowlsby wants only two basketball schools so as to not dilute the brand.

Reaction Score
I suppose Memphis would be less of a flight risk, too. UConn could be tempted by the ACC or B1G down the road.
Flight risk? From what? If Memphis joins the Big 12, the Big 12 won't exist much longer.

Reaction Score
This goes along with what Dodd said in the radio interview. Bowlsby wants only two basketball schools so as to not dilute the brand.
Please name the other basketball school. You have one blue blood and one potential team in Cincy that the said blue blood continuously beats when it counts.

Reaction Score
Please name the other basketball school. You have one blue blood and one potential team in Cincy that the said blue blood continuously beats when it counts.
As opposed to adding four schools for all sports.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
F all these poser schools trying to claw ahead of us. Get to the back of the line, losers. Most of all F Hathaway for putting us in this situation. God I hate everything.

Yeah this kick is going to break my spirit.
This is basically my feeling right now if this goes down with UH, Memphis, and even Cincy. Look, Cincy was in C-USA while we were in the Big East. It took BC, Miami, and VT leaving for them to even escape that hell hole. Then they and Louisville get the magic ticket to the P5?!? ....I was ok with Cincy for a bit but lately I've been just as bitter towards them going....

Memphis?! Flipping Memphis?!? Screw this. If they and UH both get in I'm throwing in the towel. I can't stand this disaster any more and I really don't need it. This whole thing is $*^t and I hope it's wrong and we get the invite

Reaction Score
FWIW, through the UT grapevine, one of their donors is telling us it's UCONN and Cincy for all sports, BYU for football only, and either Boise State or UCF for football only. According to this source, the Sooners had to threaten to leave the conference to insure that UH didn't get in, but indicates it's possible it was a bluff intended to get BYU in. If true, then Cincy and UCONN were solidly in no
matter what, and the scramble is for Nos. 13 and 14. The UT folks don't think UH has the votes from the non-TX schools to make it.

Honestly, OU threatening to leave if UH is included (and/or kicks out one of OU's choices) doesn't surprise me one bit. If Houston is added then the league will have 5 teams from Texas, two of which UT would basically hold ransom for "bringing them along." How any of the schools outside of Texas could see this as a good idea is beyond me. The Texas schools already have an automatic Veto, why add another one into the mix.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
F all these poser schools trying to claw ahead of us. Get to the back of the line, losers. Most of all F Hathaway for putting us in this situation. God I hate everything.

Yeah this kick is going to break my spirit.

Reaction Score
Feels like we are already in the last round of this fight...

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

This lines up pretty well with what we just heard today, no?

Reaction Score
B12 kick is definitely rising as more news becomes available but I don't think anything could happen that would surpass Louisville beating us for a spot in the ACC.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know Whaler had been on the Memphis pick for quite some time, but to actually see it materialize is still going to be shocking.

Absolutely insane to think that of the old 16 team Big East, plus new AAC members (Memphis, Houston), plus Big East members that never played a game in the league in Boise State, TCU and San Diego State, plus New 10 team Big East members (Creighton, Xavier, Butler) every single program is ending up in a better place aside from us and South Florida.

That's 22 programs that will have had their athletic profile raised or league payout increased, while the vast majority don't even sniff our athletic programs accomplishments.

Staggering.

All I've said about Memphis is when compromises are made in situations like these you often see things that don't make any sense for either side.

Reaction Score
I will say this about memphis/Fed-Ex this morning after @UCONNJACK made this post earlier:
A request for Statement of Qualifications has been posted by the University for development of the Athletic District. Development to start Spring of 2018 with a budget up to $90,000,000.00.

supporting facilities are in poor condition compared to other flagship universities in the American Athletic Conference and elsewhere,

http://media.procurement.uconn.edu/cpca/BID DOCUMENTS/080216AA/RFQ-080216AA-University-Athletic-District-Development.pdf

Fed-Ex may be making athletic and education facility upgrade promises...UConn is doing real upgrades. Whether the B-12 becomes a reality or not upgrading the facilities isn't lip-service. Which in the case of Memphis and Fred Smith has been the norm in the past!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
B12 kick is definitely rising as more news becomes available but I don't think anything could happen that would surpass Louisville beating us for a spot in the ACC.

Yup, understand what you're saying, particularly when newspaper articles start off with no mention of Uconn:
From The Commercial Appeal (Memphis)
"Two schools or four? Cincinnati and Memphis? Cincinnati and BYU? Or the foursome of Cincinnati, BYU, Houston and Memphis? What about UCF and USF, the Florida schools that have a football recruiting-rich state to offer?"

But this kick would surpass the Louisville kick because this train is the last one out.

Reaction Score
...But this kick would surpass the Louisville kick because this train is the last one out.

6a00d8341c39e853ef017ee6362bd5970d-500wi.jpg

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
The original "Gilligan's Island" series ran on CBS from 1964 to 1967, but at the end of that run, Gilligan and company were still marooned. It took 11 more years, and the made-for-TV reunion film "Rescue From Gilligan's Island," before they finally made it off the island.

The lesson I take is that Gilligan got rescued in the end with a big pay day.

Reaction Score
So now Memphis is a huge favorite if they go 2 or 4?

Besides being a top wasteland of a university does Memphis realize they are the 2nd worst violent crime city in the country? Does that check a box?

Yup, understand what you're saying, particularly when newspaper articles start off with no mention of Uconn:
From The Commercial Appeal (Memphis)
"Two schools or four? Cincinnati and Memphis? Cincinnati and BYU? Or the foursome of Cincinnati, BYU, Houston and Memphis? What about UCF and USF, the Florida schools that have a football recruiting-rich state to offer?"

But this kick would surpass the Louisville kick because this train is the last one out.

Reaction Score
The original "Gilligan's Island" series ran on CBS from 1964 to 1967, but at the end of that run, Gilligan and company were still marooned. It took 11 more years, and the made-for-TV reunion film "Rescue From Gilligan's Island," before they finally made it off the island.

The lesson I take is that Gilligan got rescued in the end with a big pay day.

I never understood how other people who landed on Gilligan's Island, e.g. surfer Duke Williams, the Russian cosmonauts, mad scientist Boris Balinkoff, the sixties group the Mosquitoes etc.) were all able to escape the island after just one episode. The castaways must have been really incompetent. Hopefully the UConn administration can do better getting out of the AAC.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Our situation is analogous to the old real estate axiom: you never want to own the most expensive house in your neighborhood, especially if it's considerably more valuable than the next closest property in value. Right now that is our situation in the AAC. We are far more valuable than our next closest AAC school, and the networks know they're getting away with murder by keeping us right where we are. And, like that homeowner with the most expensive neighborhood house, we've made the mistake of over improving our property way beyond the value of anybody else in our neighborhood. We may never come remotely close to getting our investment back from all of the improvements we've added.

The flip side is Memphis. They're on the bad side of our neighborhood, but we help make their property more valuable by driving up the sale prices. That's where you want to be in our neighborhood, with your value increasing because you're surrounded by better, more valuable homes.

Reaction Score
Our situation is analogous to the old real estate axiom: you never want to own the most expensive house in your neighborhood, especially if it's considerably more valuable than the next closest property in value. Right now that is our situation in the AAC. We are far more valuable than our next closest AAC school, and the networks know they're getting away with murder by keeping us right where we are. And, like that homeowner with the most expensive neighborhood house, we've made the mistake of over improving our property way beyond the value of anybody else in our neighborhood. We may never come remotely close to getting our investment back from all of the improvements we've added.

The flip side is Memphis. They're on the bad side of our neighborhood, but we help make their property more valuable by driving up the sale prices. That's where you want to be in our neighborhood, with your value increasing because you're surrounded by better, more valuable homes.
If that's the case you simply tell ESPN it's either support us or we are cutting our ties with them.
Since we would no longer be under contract to them ,it may be remotely possible .
Although not very probable .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer