How nervous were you | The Boneyard

How nervous were you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When Clingan and Johnson both had 4 fouls and there was about 7 minutes to go and the lead was 7 or 9?

I felt a lot of anxiety.

Hurley is a genius for going small with Karaban, who got fouled so many times and no whistle blown.

I thought Hurley might go with Stewart, but he needed Karaban's offensive potential.

The refs did everything they could on jump balls to give possession to Purdue. It was obvious

Reaction Score
When Clingan and Johnson both had 4 fouls and there was about 7 minutes to go and the lead was 7 or 9?

I felt a lot of anxiety.

Hurley is a genius for going small with Karaban, who got fouled so many times and no whistle blown.

I thought Hurley might go with Stewart, but he needed Karaban's offensive potential.

The refs did everything they could on jump balls to give possession to Purdue. It was obvious
Not at all. You’re also misremembering tbe game. UConn took a double digit lead with 15 minutes left to go, it got down to 9, but UConn immediately went up 11 with 13+ minutes to go and never let it go under double digits. UConn was never losing that game. The Purdue guards were too small, too slow, couldn’t do anything with the pressure our guards put on em.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not at all. You’re also misremembering tbe game. UConn took a double digit lead with 15 minutes left to go, it got down to 9, but UConn immediately went up 11 with 13+ minutes to go and never let it go under double digits. UConn was never losing that game. The Purdue guards were too slow, too slow, couldn’t do anything with the pressure our guards put on em.

Yeah, for some reason I thought it was closer, but when the fouls came. My nerves started getting to me

Reaction Score
Not a ton after getting the 6 point seperation at half. The game was going almost exactly as i expected and i had a suspucion we would create a bit more seperation after halftime... based on earlier games.

Coming into the FF i felt the Alabama game would be more difficult and it was. Bama likely beats Purdue as well. They obviously played earlier but it became more clear to me that Purdue had early season success partly because they returned so much from last year. They were more ready early in the season. Not suggesting they were bad. Obviously they made the finals, but Bama had a lot of gelling to do. Bama likely beats Purdue on Monday.

Reaction Score
When Purdue briefly took the lead in the first half, I was worried they might get hot from three, but the team shut them down and quickly recovered. Felt very confident with a 6 point lead at half. If I recall correctly, that was our largest halftime lead over the past 3 games.

Reaction Score
I was nervous before the game. Once it tipped off, I was fine.
Before the game. I only drink a beer every now and then but pounded 3 during the game, pacing the whole time. 10 minutes to go? We were not losing that game.

Reaction Score
I was very nervous mainly because of the 1st 10 minutes of the game, which I thought were played at a super high level by both teams.

Made me think that it was going to be a death match. That nervousness lasted until 3/4s of the way into the game. Maybe around the 7 minute mark of the 2nd half

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I felt a lot of anxiety.

None because we saw how UConn performed earlier this year with Karaban at the 5 for a few minutes during key games.
And we knew the game plan. Play Edey straight up, close out on everyone else. And Edey was gassed by this point in the game and has zero defensive presence.

Reaction Score
Nerved out will never change although it’s a little less than the Dream Season through the 3rd NC. Think most of my nerves were watching DC try to stay out of foul trouble while they wouldn’t call over the back or hooks on Edey.

I didn’t lose it until my 5th Sacred “33” lol

Reaction Score
I was a 2/10. Purdue is not built to score quickly and UConn by that point had demoralized Purdue’s guards. You know Hurley and the staff had contingency plan after contingency plan for dealing with Edey. Only had to break out one of them really.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wasn't comfortable until it was about 4 minutes left with the double digit lead. I was doing quick math "even if we don't score any more and Purdue does, if we take 30 seconds off the shot clock"... blah blah.

I kept waiting for Purdue to make a run - obviously they were going to ride Edey as far as they could. He got them far. But we had too much talent at all other positions (1-4) and they could not overcome that.

Like some said, it was great seeing Karaban battle Edey. I thought Edey fouled Karaban on almost every offensive possession. None of it was called.

All's well that ends well. But I was still nervous till the 2 minute mark. Only then did I start celebrating.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not worried. Johnson had just caused Edey fits. As soon as Alex took the 5 spot, I sensed two separate things from Purdue. 1. Oh cool, Edey can probably score 2 point baskets at a high rate now and 2. Oh crap, there is nobody Edey can guard and all of these guys can make three point shots at a high rate.

Reaction Score
I knew it was over at the 10 minute mark but I was nervous anyway because I'm like that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wasn't comfortable until it was about 4 minutes left with the double digit lead. I was doing quick math "even if we don't score any more and Purdue does, if we take 30 seconds off the shot clock"... blah blah.

I kept waiting for Purdue to make a run - obviously they were going to ride Edey as far as they could. He got them far. But we had too much talent at all other positions (1-4) and they could not overcome that.

Like some said, it was great seeing Karaban battle Edey. I thought Edey fouled Karaban on almost every offensive possession. None of it was called.

All's well that ends well. But I was still nervous till the 2 minute mark. Only then did I start celebrating.

I started doing that math at the under 8 TO. How many possessions was UConn up by, how many points to make it impossible for Purdue to overcome the deficit.

Reaction Score

I felt a lot of anxiety.

Anxiety is a regular thing I manage day-in and day-out, but I was calm and confident throughout the entire game last night.

As long as Edey was a one-trick pony, I knew he alone couldn't beat UConn. My confidence grew as Edey was doubled more aggressively with the guards acting like velociraptors.

Reaction Score
When Purdue kept dumping the ball into Edey even when they were down 15 I felt good. Eddy wasn't going to make all his shots and creeping back in increments of two just doesn't work in today's game. The process of Purdue running their offense to get Edey in position also ran lots of clock. There were just no quick 3 pointers to shift momentum or get the crowd going. The game plan of not giving up 3 pointers worked to perfection.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I was most anxious about not being anxious. Alex handled his brief time quite well but I will tell you there are three or four good bruises on his chest from Zach's "bumps" at least two of which were fouls. There was also a screen set by Edey that was a hell of a lot more than Aalyiah got called for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom