How many more weeks for Hoke? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How many more weeks for Hoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Golden gets another year for a pass...the NCAA no sanctions really killed them recruiting wise. Hoke is a "Michigan" guy, they got exactly who they wanted after Rich Rod...he has been pretty much an unmitigated disaster. It will be interesting to see where they go next.

He's not going to get another year unless he only loses one more game, and that could depend on how badly they lose to FSU. He has squandered a pretty talented roster and his loyalty to one of the worst defensive coordinators in history, Mark D'oNofrio, is going to do him in. There aren't many people left here that like Golden outside of the admin, and Shalala will be retiring, so he is going to lose that ally.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think it was pretty telling when PSU didn't hire Golden recently. Some might say they wanted someone outside the Paterno circle. I think that is a convenient excuse...they didn't see him do enough with the talent he had in Miami. He really hasn't won a big game down there. It's a matter of time before the alumni of Da U get vocal with their frustration.

Reaction Score
I think it was pretty telling when PSU didn't hire Golden recently. Some might say they wanted someone outside the Paterno circle. I think that is a convenient excuse...they didn't see him do enough with the talent he had in Miami. He really hasn't won a big game down there. It's a matter of time before the alumni of Da U get vocal with their frustration.

He pretty much never won the big games at Temple either. At this point I think it is fair to say that we have seen enough of his career to know that he is a guy that can get the job started, but not quite finish it.

Reaction Score
That is the problem with this "we want results right now" society.

Brady Hoke is a good man and coach and will put Michigan on its rightful path.

He needs probably 2-3 more years, minimum, to put his stamp on the program forever. I say give him that time.

Get off the guy's back and let him stand there on the sidelines during the game and do his job, whatever that is.

Reaction Score

He needs probably 2-3 more years, minimum, to put his stamp on the program forever. I say give him that time.

Get off the guy's back and let him stand there on the sidelines during the game and do his job, whatever that is.

Strangely enough, I feel the same way about Will Muschamp at Florida.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Strangely enough, I feel the same way about Will Muschamp at Florida.

Muschamp is in year 4...he has had enough time. He has amazing resources at his disposal including the most fertile recruiting ground in the country and he still has a shaky QB and a shaky offensive line. And the defense has taken a step back this year.

If the Gators don't win 8 or more games this year, I don't see how he survives.

Reaction Score
Not a chance is Diaco on the hotseat right now. He can just about do anything short of committing obscene acts with the UConn dairy herd and he's fine this year. He needs to show signs of life next year but this year he's fine regardless of outcome, bizarre decision-making, bad in game coaching and so on.

Reaction Score
Not a chance is Diaco on the hotseat right now. He can just about do anything short of committing obscene acts with the UConn dairy herd and he's fine this year. He needs to show signs of life next year but this year he's fine regardless of outcome, bizarre decision-making, bad in game coaching and so on.

he could probably diddle the livestock in Year 2 and be safe too. Really need to give the guy 3 to 4 years before heating up his seat.

Reaction Score

I agree. I think they should sign him to a ten year extension, similar to the deal ND gave Weis.

Reaction Score
he could probably diddle the livestock in Year 2 and be safe too. Really need to give the guy 3 to 4 years before heating up his seat.
Maybe, but I think there needs ot be real progress next year...not Diaco progress, but wins and losses progress, game playing progress. After the Pasqualoni years, he gets this year to do what he wants, but this will make 4 consecutive losing seasons. You go much longer and a certain mindset gets established that makes it even more difficult to turn around. I mean, how many times can you go back to square 1 and have a hope of being successful?

Reaction Score

It's going to take 3 years just to fix the mess the OL is, which seems to be UConn's biggest issue right now. Tough to tell if UConn's RB's are any good because of the shape of the OL and the same can sort of be said for the QB (likely Whitmer is as good as he will get now) and WR situation. The D looks workable.

Reaction Score
Announcers crucifying Hoke for leaving QB in when it's clear he could barely walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom