How many LV's does it take... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How many LV's does it take...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Well here in NYC a statue of King George was melted down a few years back to get some ammo for plugging imperialistic red-coated types. On the orange side of things, I'm thinking that's what these types of statues are meant for.

JS

Reaction Score
It is sad that a FEW UCONN fans only post the negative even on such a positive event. Good luck to UCONN this year and I hope they meet in Nashville for a great game.
Some people circled in once the blood was in the water, but I'm not so sure the OP is a UConn fan. A strongly anti-LV fan for sure -- to the tune of maybe 80-90% of the individual's couple hundred posts here and often dragging in the negative gibes out of thread context. But any pro-UConn feelings are hardly in evidence.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maybe a disgruntled KY Wildcat fan and an opponent of the Lady Vols. Stray Cat might be a rather symbolic name among a group of Huskies. Or Brian Setzer fan. :cool:

Reaction Score
It is sad that a FEW UCONN fans only post the negative even on such a positive event. Good luck to UCONN this year and I hope they meet in Nashville for a great game.

Sticker, every post you make on other boards is always negative about UCONN. Seldom do you add in a positive way to any discussion.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
other boards? you guys be on other boards... such as?

Reaction Score
other boards? you guys be on other boards... such as?

When the ESPN message board closed, many of the posters like doggy and me went to the college fan board. It is definitely no where near as bad as ESPN Board was. Sticker posts on the College Fan Board.

Reaction Score
This is a UCONN board and I am in YOUR house and as such I will not insult my host. On other boards it is OK to be a burr under the saddle of the high flying UCONN fans. Always in fun and always with the desire for the Lady Vols to replace the best team in women's basketball. Have a great Thanksgiving all!!!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Ah, polite duplicity: the hallmark of the southern folk...

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Ice, you should know, when you're in their church, ya gotta testify!

Bringing stuff from other boards is a big no-no here (as I was quite directly reminded, when once I strayed), but, suffice it to say, in the past, I have been absolutely flabbergasted at the two-faced behavior of some fans of southern programs. They'll be all peaches n' cream to your face (on your board), and all pizz n' vinegar once your back is turned (back on their home turf). Although born in CT, and back in New England for nearly 30 years, I was reared in KY, and lived for some years in VA - but, I still don't get it, this polite duplicity. It's one thing to be somewhat indefinite, in order to avoid offending, but it's quite another to flat-out lie, then back-stab. Passive/aggressive doesn't begin to cover it.

Ah, well. Today is a day to give thanks..and, I'm thankful I'm a fan of the Connecticut WBB team, and that this board is, more often than not, intelligently and puckishly entertaining and moderated.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
This is a UCONN board and I am in YOUR house and as such I will not insult my host. On other boards it is OK to be a burr under the saddle of the high flying UCONN fans. Always in fun and always with the desire for the Lady Vols to replace the best team in women's basketball. Have a great Thanksgiving all!!!

I don't mind you coming here and posting about Tennessee or anything else basketball related. But you posted trash about UConn fans here talking negative about Tennessee.

It's hypocritical of you to do that, sparky, when you trash UConn all the time on another board.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
……to beat Virginia?

So far (down 6) not doing too good a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom