How long have you been attending UConn games? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How long have you been attending UConn games?

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Never attended a UConn game, but have been aware of the program since 1995. Stanford and UConn really weren’t on the best of terms back then but I started to become a fan starting with the Shea Ralph years. I’ve also become a fan of Auriemma because I see past his antics and what he says.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Wow some of those guys don't look old enough to have had season tickets at the Fieldhouse! (Others of them do, but that's to be expected ;))

Reaction Score
I went to my first UConn women's basketball game while I was a grad student at UConn during the 1982-83 season. I was looking for cheap entertainment, and at that time the women's basketball home games at UConn were free. Nothing cheaper than free, that's for sure. I quickly became a fan of the team, even if they were not all that good in those days. I continued going to UConn home games until I graduated from UConn in 1985 and moved away from campus.

I continued to follow news about the team (I remember talking to a guy at work about the team during that time), but did not resume going to games until the 1991-92 season, the season after they were in their first NCAA final four. I recall watching UConn's regional games in Philadelphia on television, as well as their game in the final four.

My wife and I went to almost every home game during the next few years. The season after UConn won its first national championship, we became season ticket holders for the 1995-96 season. We have been season ticket holders for games at Gampel ever since that time.

Just wanted to add this. After UConn women's basketball reached its first final four in 1991, I started getting more obsessed with the team. I remember during the fall of 1991, I was listening to the Arnold Dean sports talk show on WTIC-AM, and during one show that fall Arnold Dean interviewed Geno. During the interview, Geno mentioned that the UConn women's basketball Yearbook had been printed, and was available for sale. I decided right away that I wanted to get this Yearbook. I mentioned to my wife that I was going to go up to UConn and pick up the Yearbook. My wife told me not to bother getting it, as she had already got me a copy of the Yearbook as a Christmas present. In addition to the Yearbook, as an additional present she got us tickets to a UConn women's basketball tournament that was being held at UConn several days after Christmas. That got us in the habit of going regularly to UConn games. My wife has long been a huge fan of UConn women's basketball.

Reaction Score
The Depot restaurant was in Mansfield. Except for the caboose attached to one side, it burned down July 2, 2003. I lived on route 32 (Stafford Rd) in Eagleville and ate at the Depot a number of times. It was interesting when a freight train rumbled by, and the food was pretty decent when I was there.
Thanks. I wasn't sure of the town. I did get the Rt. 44 part correct. I know if you go a little farther on Rt. 44 you are in Coventry, then Bolton (or maybe the other way around). Do you, or anyone else, know if this was the restaurant where Geno had the altercation with Brittany Hunters parents? I read somewhere that it was heated enough that Geno paid for the dinners of the other dinners within earshot. Heck, I would have paid to be within earshot.

Reaction Score
I got hooked on watching the Huskies around 5 years ago. My first in-person experience was at Atlantis in the Bahamas. This season I saw them at Texas and recently, at St John’s.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Attended my first Men's bball game in 1973 as a freshman. Can't remember my first women's game but between '90 and '95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom