how good is khadeen carrington | The Boneyard

how good is khadeen carrington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was at the loss to ville, how good is he? Looks like samuel is all over him

Samuel said the extension will help Ollie recruit, and he personally is working on landing fellow New Yorkers from the Class of 2014.

“Khadeen Carrington [of Bishop Loughlin], he’s my man,” Samuel said. “Like my little brother. I think he’s going to commit very soon. Hopefully, we’ll see.”

Reaction Score
Thanks, wondering if anyone has seen him. You can only get so much from video

caw

Reaction Score
Lots of full game footage of Carrington from last year. Starting with a game against Calhoun. Keep in mind Carrington was only a sophomore in most of the video online.

Reaction Score
considered the 2nd best prospect in the nyc class of '14 behind Isiah Whitehead, and from quotes I have read from both psal and chsaa coaches alot of them don't really think there's much separation b/w the two and certainly not to the extent that their rankings suggest.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I posted awhile back that Carrington was the 2012 MVP of the Capital Classic, a tournament featuring all of the best players from Philadelphia and New York. That accomplishment alone will earn you offers from a lot of high majors.

Reaction Score
From April: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high...ar_recruitment_heating_rsMb5LkEB7UUXbft5mUeOL
“He had the best sophomore year out of any kid in New York City and probably any kids returning in New York City,” Lightning (AAU team Carrington plays for) director Dana Dingle said. “Athletically and talent-wise, he can be one of those kids who can go to any level. If he grows even more and develops, the sky’s the limit. Right now he’s 6-3, if he gets to 6-5, 6-6, he can be scary.”

From July: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high...ngton_piling_up_offers_oLTRPB5nMBgLnvCnmjxUIJ
One Division I assistant coach whose school has offered Carrington said there are some coaches he has spoken with who would take Carrington over Whitehead. The coach said he would still give Whitehead the slight edge -- “there’s a thin gap,” the coach said -- but raved about Carrington’s poise, athleticism and explosive scoring ability. "He can do a lot of good things on the basketball court,” the coach said.

Whitehead and Carrington are friends and will play together in August for Brooklyn in the Battle of the Boroughs. Carrington respects Whitehead, but also doesn’t want to take a backseat to him, either.

“He knows I’m here,” Carrington said. “I’m going to make a run at him.”

caw

Reaction Score
Interesting that Samuel and Carribgton are friends and Carrington and Whitehead are friends but Whitegead and Samuel don't seem to like each other much.

All based on a few quotes of course.

Reaction Score
@NYPost_Brazille: This is the fourth time of late St. John's has been to a game for Khadeen Carrington. Heard UConn coach Kevin Ollie may show up as well.

Reaction Score
I'm watching his game online at the moment.. vs. CTK .. He's #11 .. MSGvarsity.com

Reaction Score
I believe he finished with 27 points on the night... Team loss by 1. Has a nice mid-range game, coming off the screen or getting open in the lane for the pull-up jumper.. Made two jumpers back-to-back, very Jeremy Lamb-ish. A lot of fast break points although he missed one layup where it looked as if he was unsure if he should dunk or lay it in.. Doesn't appear to be very explosive, wasn't in attack mode but rather patient and mostly backing down his man surveying the floor. Has a good "handel" too!

As pointed out in the "UConn offers Rashad Vaughn" thread.. If UConn get any two of Vaughn, Hill, Terrell and Carrington then it would be a fantastic start.. a 2/3 combo but I'm not sure if you would want Terrell and Carrington together since they are both 6'3" ...

Steve Lavin and Mike Rice was in attendance..

Reaction Score
Did you see Ollie there?

I didn't. And the announcers didn't mention it unless he we among the crowd. Lavin and Rice was sitting w/their staff in chairs on the floor.. very noticeable

Reaction Score
I didn't. And the announcers didn't mention it unless he we among the crowd. Lavin and Rice was sitting w/their staff in chairs on the floor.. very noticeable
Okay because I saw that they might. However I also heard that they were going to Rashad Vaughn's game too.

H

Huskieforlife

Okay because I saw that they might. However I also heard that they were going to Rashad Vaughn's game too.
does he like uconn? I know he's Samuels friend

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Scumbags!

caw

Reaction Score
I think they have seen a decent amount of Carrington, he has an offer, has visited a few times for games. Have to get some kids for him to play with if he does come to UConn. Hoping Samuel is right and he pulls the trigger soon.

Reaction Score
*correction* He had 31 points.. shouldve been 35 if not for the short misses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom