How do you feel about UConn's recruiting? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

How do you feel about UConn's recruiting?

Optimistic or Pessimistic about Recruiting?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
To quote the office: win, win, win.

Reaction Score
Ok
eat-crow_480.jpg
I have ZERO doubt about KO and had zero doubt about KO when I posted that. My contact has harped on the assistants' lack of recruiting prowess for awhile and me as a longtime recruiting follower (although much less than 10 years ago)reading the articles, you never hear a recruit say they connect with Ricky or Glenn or whomever.(I'm hopeful this is because of KO's magnetic personality!) I do remember that this happened ALL the TIME with Tom Moore.

I am still a little concerned about them but I guess I shouldn't doubt anything that KO is involved with!!!

So when Ricky or Glenn reels one in or is at least heavily involved maybe I eat the crow then?? :)

But so thrilled with the Spring pickups, they had two major needs, filled both A+.
They have scholarship logjam with 2016 class, they get Larrier to be one class ahead. A++

Kudos to KO and the staff!!! Exciting times!!! Think as painful as it was last year to watch on TV (lack of talent we are accustomed to and an anemic offense), it motivated KO big time to get what he needed on the recruiting trail...Could not love our head coach more!!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
So when Ricky or Glenn reels one in or is at least heavily involved maybe I eat the crow then?? :)
Glenn was point man for Diarra, I believe.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
As someone who follows recruiting fairly closely, it's not all that common for kids to be giving shout-outs to assistants in general. Maybe that's changed from how it was in the past. Most of what I see is head coaches being mentioned.

Reaction Score
Fair points.

Go Huskies!!!

What a great spring! Can't wait for the season!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
reading the articles, you never hear a recruit say they connect with Ricky or Glenn or whomever.(I'm hopeful this is because of KO's magnetic personality!) I do remember that this happened ALL the TIME with Tom Moore.
That's because JC was a bristly old Irishman. We needed someone slick like Tom to soften his edges. I think we are probably undervaluing the role that Moore and Miller are playing in the initial recruiting of kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom