How confident are you | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How confident are you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
People keep saying Ollie is a great recruiter but there is simply no evidence to support that statement. If you want to give him Facey and Samuel, that's fine, but they are two ordinary recruits that UConn should be able land comparable guys any day of the week. Both might be fine, but neither one is considered a major hit. We're in a very ugly situation right now with respect to conference alignment. If we can't recruit real big time players we're screwed. That is the real world, not the sunny blue future that so many posters here see and that Susan Herbst apparently sees. If our top recruits are going to be 100-125 rated players every year, it will get ugly fast.

Reaction Score
People keep saying Ollie is a great recruiter but there is simply no evidence to support that statement. If you want to give him Facey and Samuel, that's fine, but they are two ordinary recruits that UConn should be able land comparable guys any day of the week. Both might be fine, but neither one is considered a major hit. We're in a very ugly situation right now with respect to conference alignment. If we can't recruit real big time players we're screwed. That is the real world, not the sunny blue future that so many posters here see and that Susan Herbst apparently sees. If our top recruits are going to be 100-125 rated players every year, it will get ugly fast.

First, players ranked 100-125 players with good coaching is what will win championships. Those players usually stay 4 years and contribute a lot to the program. If you can develop them, than they become the best players in college basketball as juniors and seniors. If you throw in a top 20 recruit each year, than that is a perfect formula for success. Many top players want to go to a name program, but don't want to have to compete with 5 other McD AA for playing time. Whichever position we have available minutes we can get a big time recruit. If we don't have available minutes for a McD AA, than we should be a top 3 team w/o them.

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie has been the lead recruiter at UConn for a few years now. There are highly rated guys on this team currently. Omar Calhoun is one. Deandre Daniels is another. There are a couple more as well.

D

Deleted member 3149

We are uconn. We'll be fine. And you should realize that rivals NYC has Samuel as the #1 player in NYC right now, and Facey at #2. And for the record, New York City is probably the best hotbed in the country for basketball. We have 3 tiles in the last 13 years, you think we're recruiting subpar guys? Come on man...nothing worse than pessimistic uconn fans. I respect your opinion, but optimism makes us a better program and a better fan base. This isn't minnesota or Iowa here...

Reaction Score
I like Samuel & Facey but this isn't close to true, and hasn't been that way for well over a decade. There are a bunch other areas producing better talent than NYC, the DMV area, Baltimore, Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, greater Seattle, the metro areas of Houston and Dallas as well.

We are uconn. We'll be fine. And you should realize that rivals NYC has Samuel as the #1 player in NYC right now, and Facey at #2. And for the record, New York City is probably the best hotbed in the country for basketball. We have 3 tiles in the last 13 years, you think we're recruiting subpar guys? Come on man...nothing worse than pessimistic uconn fans. I respect your opinion, but optimism makes us a better program and a better fan base. This isn't minnesota or Iowa here...

D

Deleted member 3149

I like Samuel & Facey but this isn't close to true, and hasn't been that way for well over a decade. There are a bunch other areas producing better talent than NYC, the DMV area, Baltimore, Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, greater Seattle, the metro areas of Houston and Dallas as well.

I should have said "arguably" the best hotbed. And over the past ten years there has been fantastic recruits out of NY/NJ. ie- Kemba, doron lamb, lance Stephenson, MKG , kyrie irvig. I wouldn't put Seattle or Atlanta ahead of NY. Or even Baltimore for that matter. The only city that really dominates the recruiting landscape is Chicago.

Reaction Score
If you combine NJ then that makes it better, I usually leave NJ by itself tho. LA is still much better than NYC imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom