How close is UConn WCBB to shutting it down 2021-22? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How close is UConn WCBB to shutting it down 2021-22?

Reaction Score
Just to clarify, a team needs seven players to play a game, not eight.

Curious about the source for that. Looking at the NCAA rulebook for women's basketball, I can't find any requirement like that.

Reaction Score
Curious about the source for that. Looking at the NCAA rulebook for women's basketball, I can't find any requirement like that.
It's a Big East requirement - 7 players plus 1 coach must be available to play a game.

Reaction Score
I thought they were quite transparent. They said it was 100% player driven. The players had a vote and voted to shut it down. Players, coaches, and administrators said Kara had nothing to do with it other than telling her players she'd support them however they decided.

That's what I remember them saying, and I have no reason not to believe it. Triad, correct me if I'm mis remembering.
That's NOT exactly what happened. Here's some comments from Kara after the Duke blown out by Louisville and before Duke decided to "let" the players canceled the season.

"Two head coaches of ACC women’s basketball teams in North Carolina’s Triangle expressed differing opinions Wednesday night. The topic was not x’s and o’s, or non-conference schedules or the rules of the game, but something much more serious.

Following her team’s 73-49 home loss to No. 2 Louisville, Duke head coach Kara Lawson was asked by a reporter what her “comfort level” was of playing right now, as the number of COVID-19 cases continues to trend upward. Her response was short but clear.

“I don’t think we should be playing right now. That’s my opinion on it,” Lawson said, without elaborating.

Lawson’s statement came just a day after Duke men’s head coach Mike Krzyzewski openly questioned why college basketball was being played in the midst of the pandemic, saying: “I would just like for the safety, the mental and physical health of players and staff to assess where we’re at… I know the NCAA is worried about the endgame. They’re not as worried about the game we’re playing right now.”

https://www./features/acc-notebook-kara-lawson-wes-moore/

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom