Houston | The Boneyard

Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What do we know about them? A lot of publications had them finishing 6th in the league. They look like they have some size but they have struggled so far going 8-5 against a weak schedule.

Reaction Score
BFieldHusky said:
What do we know about them? A lot of publications had them finishing 6th in the league. They look like they have some size but they have struggled so far going 8-5 against a weak schedule.

I watched them play Stanford. They played a lot of zone, but then came out of it late so it may have been that they just put it in for the Stanford game. They have a PF/C who has some guard skills (one of those guys who had a late growth spurt) and looked pretty dangerous. Tore up that Stanford font line, but he was a bit of a wide body and got tired.

They were very unstructured on offense - a lot of one on one and forcing plays (Stanford was playing man to man, if I recall right).

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I am concerned that this could be a rough road trip...unfamiliar locations, hostile crowds, potential for bad tex-mex food, unfamiliar opponents. Huskies need to be mentally tough.

Lost by ten to Stanford at home, but were closer for much of the game. they do play some zone that can cause trouble for UConn. they were picked 6th in the AAC by ESPN. Michael Young's son had been their leading scorer but transferred to Oregon.

they picked up a transfer from Baylor, 6'4" guard, he is their third leading scorer at 10 per game and shoots 41% from 3.
Their leading scorer is Thomas, a 6'8" forward who averages 17 ppg and over 9 rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game.
House, a thin, 6'7" swing man, averages over 15 ppg but is more of a slasher. He shoots 31% from three.
First road test in the AAC, will definitely be a challenge as we are doomed, CLEARLY DOOMED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom