Houston Press - A Seismic Shift: What is the Future of the Big 12? | The Boneyard

Houston Press - A Seismic Shift: What is the Future of the Big 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting quote contained in this article from Clay Travis of Fox Sports and OutkicktheCoverage.com.

"According to Travis, who is also an attorney, the “grant of rights” for college football television is flimsy at best."

Link

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The B12 has been a dead conference walking for quite some time now. But it was never more evident of this than the conference still hasn't expanded by the minimum number of schools to get a football CG, despite being at such a huge disadvantage to every other power conference.

The conference truly consists of 3 sharks and a bunch of little fish that cling on to the sharks to feed off of their scraps.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Has a credible media lawyer from a real firm ever made a rational case against the GOR? Mr. Travis' assertions that "no court would enforce a GOR" is not a credible legal analysis of the structure.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
The B12 has been a dead conference walking for quite some time now. But it was never more evident of this than the conference still hasn't expanded by the minimum number of schools to get a football CG, despite being at such a huge disadvantage to every other power conference.

The conference truly consists of 3 sharks and a bunch of little fish that cling on to the sharks to feed off of their scraps.
I believe those are called Remoras.
Love it.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Has a credible media lawyer from a real firm ever made a rational case against the GOR? Mr. Travis' assertions that "no court would enforce a GOR" is not a credible legal analysis of the structure.
But your analysis is? Got it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
But Nelson & Dude says its bulletproof - tough to say who is more credible :)

sdhusky says it is easy to break. That is why so many have been broken.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
But Nelson & Dude says its bulletproof - tough to say who is more credible :)

Once again you are wrong about someone else's position too. The Dude has only claimed that the Big 12 GOR is bulletproof. He claims the ACC GOR is easily broken.

Is it really that hard to do a quick search to find out what someone actually said, or do you prefer to make up other people's positions on things and argue with those?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
sdhusky says it is easy to break. That is why so many have been broken.

No. I did not say that. I really don't know enough to have an opinion.

What I was trying to say is that you are an idiot and post stupid things. And are NOT credible on a variety of subjects.

You may be right in case, but if so, it was just because you say so much Shot, some of it must stick.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Once again you are wrong about someone else's position too. The Dude has only claimed that the Big 12 GOR is bulletproof. He claims the ACC GOR is easily broken.

Is it really that hard to do a quick search to find out what someone actually said, or do you prefer to make up other people's positions on things and argue with those?

My response: Is it that hard to read businesslawyers response? Guess so...
If I were you, responding as me: So, you think bizlawyer is an idiot?

Your act is getting old...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With my lawyer hat on: nothing is bulletproof. There is no ironclad agreement, you can get out of anything. The question is, what does it cost you? My best guess is that it's fact specific, and varies by conference, school and situation (including time remaining on the GOR). None of us and nobody in the media can credibly predict what that cost will be. It's not likely to be zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom