Houston OC Resigns After 1 (One) Game | The Boneyard

Houston OC Resigns After 1 (One) Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars...oordinator-resigns-two-days-after-3836138.php

Bush was offensive coordinator at UTSA last season and previously spent three seasons as co-offensive coordinator at Texas State.

--------

That resume reminds me of the crap we went through at the start. Hmm, you mean hiring a guy with no experience at this level didn't work out? You don't say!

Sometimes it DOES work out (C. Kelly at Oregon being the most obvious), but if you want to play with the big boys, you spend the money and you find a guy who has gotten it done at this level. You don't try and take a guy from OC of a program in it's first year of existence into Top Six conference.

Whomever said you can sometimes just tell with coaches right away was dead on. I truly don't think Nesbitt has any idea what he's doing.

Reaction Score
Houston, Memphis and SMU just screams well run athletic departments............what a mess........

Reaction Score
Houston, Memphis and SMU just screams well run athletic departments............what a mess........

Um ..... Houston and SMU were both solid last year. You think these programs will now be forever awful because of week one of this season?

Reaction Score
Um ..... Houston and SMU were both solid last year. You think these programs will now be forever awful because of week one of this season?

No, I thought they were an awful fit from the very beginning.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

In one corner, we have last year's football teams.

In the other corner, we have every other aspect about their athletic departments, as well as their football teams/staffs this year.

Reaction Score
In one corner, we have last year's football teams.

In the other corner, we have every other aspect about their athletic departments, as well as their football teams/staffs this year.

I think the record shows that both of these programs are swimming in money and are in great recruiting territory. Houston has a passionate fanbase and is getting a new stadium. I'm not betting against them.

Both of these programs can transform themselves in the Big East the way Cincy has over the last 8 years. Cincy was not a hot program when they joined.

Reaction Score
No, I thought they were an awful fit from the very beginning.
I always find it interesting when someone says that they didn't like the teams that were invited but never offer an alternative. Who did you want that could make sense to you?

Reaction Score

I don't put Houston and SMU in the same category as Memphis. The expectations of Houston and Memphis are ridiculous though. Last season was the best season those teams had in years but people here, yes here seemed to be of the opinion that they would always be that good. Which is just completely unrealistic.

I think Houston and SMU are the type of programs that will have great yeas 2-3 times a decade. Sort of like UConn. Except Houston and SMU actually have traditions that stretch quite a ways back.

I expect Temple and Memphis to have good years never.

I expect that the Beef O'Brady's Bowl is really excited about hosting UCF when they become eligible for the postseason again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom