Hornets decline Bouknight's fourth-year option | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hornets decline Bouknight's fourth-year option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reading James Plowright's opinion piece was pretty painful, but not because it offered very little I did not know. If anybody doubts that this type of "SI" post gets published without proofreading or editing, then they either haven't read with care or cannot write well enough to recognize so many errors that it'd be difficult to regard this as a meaningful story from a trustworthy source.

I'm not shocked that Charlotte made their unfavorable decision about the 4th year contract, and current circumstances make Bouknight's road ahead an uphill climb.

Still, I always root for former UConn players to do well, so the news makes for unhappy reading.

But I don't feel any need to add to the criticism, prescribe what he needs to do, or make any predictions. If he's able to marshal resources to improve things, I'll be happy for him, and I imagine others will feel similarly. If he doesn't or can't, I won't feel badly that I missed out on an opportunity to say, "Told ya so."
THIS. So many seem to enjoy piling on. Because THEY were making all great decisions at that point in their lives.

Reaction Score
Maybe Bouk should have taken advantage of his full scholarship to UConn, stayed for two more years, grown up some, and helped the Huskies win their National Championship.

Reaction Score
THIS. So many seem to enjoy piling on. Because THEY were making all great decisions at that point in their lives.

I was a less-than-stellar decision maker at 21. I was also bright enough not to get black out drunk driving a car while holding a gun.

I'm not sure this can be chalked up to youthful indiscretion.

Reaction Score
I was a less-than-stellar decision maker at 21. I was also bright enough not to get black out drunk driving a car while holding a gun.

I'm not sure this can be chalked up to youthful indiscretion.
Theoretically, what would our mistakes have looked like is we had several million dollars at the time. I think it's a fair question. As for the reaction to him getting ejected at the UCONN game....you would have thought he committed 9 felonies by some of the reactions.

Reaction Score
Theoretically, what would our mistakes have looked like is we had several million dollars at the time. I think it's a fair question. As for the reaction to him getting ejected at the UCONN game....you would have thought he committed 9 felonies by some of the reactions.

I didn't really care about the UConn game ejection. At the end of the day, it was kind of dumb but whatever.

It doesn't take millions to pass out drunk in your car with a gun in your hand. I had guns, a car and liqour at 21, and opted not to mix them. That's a personal problem.

Reaction Score
I didn't really care about the UConn game ejection. At the end of the day, it was kind of dumb but whatever.

It doesn't take millions to pass out drunk in your car with a gun in your hand. I had guns, a car and liqour at 21, and opted not to mix them. That's a personal problem.
The UConn ejection where he went into stands embarrassed Hurley and administration.

Reaction Score
The UConn ejection where he went into stands embarrassed Hurley and administration.

They may have felt embarassed, but there's no reason for it. I don't see anyone blaming Hurley or UConn--only Bouk. He was a grown adult and not enrolled in the school any more. He made his own decisions.

Reaction Score

Totally missed the point. Not what it takes...more like what it allows. And many things we did that we got away with could have potentially turned out much worse. No one is excusing just some come across as high and mighty. "When I was a kid"..."My parents raised me right"....blah blah blah.

Reaction Score
Totally missed the point. Not what it takes...more like what it allows. And many things we did that we got away with could have potentially turned out much worse. No one is excusing just some come across as high and mighty. "When I was a kid"..."My parents raised me right"....blah blah blah.

Money has little to do with this. He had enough money for alcohol, cars, and guns before he ever went to the NBA. And had issues with 2/3 multiple times on campus before being drafted.

My parents didn't raise me right--they were terrible parents. I'm also not saying "the good old days" or "when I was a kid." You're just putting words in my mouth here and attempting the most tangential straw man imaginable.

Good effort though, big guy.

Reaction Score
Money has little to do with this. He had enough money for alcohol, cars, and guns before he ever went to the NBA. And had issues with 2/3 multiple times on campus before being drafted.

My parents didn't raise me right--they were terrible parents. I'm also not saying "the good old days" or "when I was a kid." You're just putting words in my mouth here and attempting the most tangential straw man imaginable.

Good effort though, big guy.
One thing, I was not referring to you specifically. The posts in here like none of these people did anything wrong. Did you ever in your life get behind the wheel after drinking or smoking?

Reaction Score
One thing, I was not referring to you specifically. The posts in here like none of these people did anything wrong. Did you ever in your life get behind the wheel after drinking or smoking?

No.

Reaction Score
43% of Americans admit to having driven under the influence of alcohol, and 45% have gotten a ride from someone who had been drinking. 56% of men admitted to drinking and driving, versus 29% of women.Jan 4, 2021

Try not to keep making this about you. "I" "I"...etc etc.

Reaction Score
43% of Americans admit to having driven under the influence of alcohol, and 45% have gotten a ride from someone who had been drinking. 56% of men admitted to drinking and driving, versus 29% of women.Jan 4, 2021

Try not to keep making this about you. "I" "I"...etc etc.

I was answering your question. Literally. Could you get any more dense dude? Why would I assume you're asking about national drunk driving rates when you ask if I have driven under the influence?

What a monumentally stupid thing to say.

And you do realize that Bouk did a bit more than drink and drive, as bad as that is to start with? What relevance does that even have to this conversation? Do all 43% of people drive drunk multiple times, run from the police, or illegally carry guns around while drunk driving? Steal cars?

Chalking this up to being a dumb kid continues to be a bad take.

Side note: you're better than copying amd pasting from your first result on Google. Do a little more digging and get some real research next time, eh?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak