Hope they postpone signing day event | The Boneyard

Hope they postpone signing day event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With terrible weather predicted for tomorrow. I hope they postpone ( not cancel) this event. I think many people are looking forward to this, and it can build on the new excitement about UConn football. Having 50 people attend would defeat the purpose.

Reaction Score
I can't see them having this event if the weather we're predicted to get hits. I know they had it at the XL a couple of years ago but that was in conjunction with a hoops game. There is no chance I'm making the 45 minute drive up to the Rent tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
It's just snow...
maybe just snow
maybe not - from Natl Weather Service:

LOCATIONS... INTERIOR SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT AND PORTIONS OF THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY AND NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY.
* HAZARD TYPES... MAINLY SNOW ALONG WITH SOME SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.
* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 10 INCHES... ALONG WITH AROUND A TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE.
* VISIBILITIES... ONE QUARTER TO ONE HALF MILE.
* TIMING... SNOW LATE TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING... MIXING WITH AND CHANGING TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN LATER WEDNESDAY.
* IMPACTS... SNOW AND ICE ON ROADS WILL CREATE HAZARDOUS TRAVEL.

too early to cancel now, but need to keep an eye on it....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Since there is an obvious push from Diaco to sell the program, there is no way they don't postpone unless they have lost their minds.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I went last year for the first time and absolutely loved the event. Due to a move I can't get to CT on a weeknight, but if anyone is on the fence ( assuming they move the date) I highly recommend it.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Didn't sign up originally but am suddenly free to go... I may call up and see if I can crash that party!

Reaction Score
Didn't sign up originally but am suddenly free to go... I may call up and see if I can crash that party!

Always wanted to go to this event, wish I could be there with you bro, but the weekday events coming from up here is a bite to say the least. Have fun if you go!

Reaction Score
UConn just tweeted a link to signing day info.

Looks like the event is on but they will also have a big online presence.

We will announce new Huskies through our Twitter at @UConnFootball -- using the hash tags #bleeblue and #riseup.
The UConn football Instagram feed (uconnfb) and Vine account (UConnFootball) will also have behind the scenes footage from the Burton Family Football Complex.
We will also present video vignettes through the day through HuskyVision on the activity of signing day.
Finally, fans will be able to chat with each other starting early at 6:00 a.m. - a full hour before recruits can sign -about their thoughts on the Husky class.
Join us early and stay with us for the whole morning and afternoon!

Reaction Score
If anyone is crazy enough or has a 4 wheeler and is passing by West Hartford on the way to the event, I'll be the guy in a UConn jacket hitch hiking. Better yet, I live right off exit 41...:cool:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If anyone is crazy enough or has a 4 wheeler and is passing by West Hartford on the way to the event, I'll be the guy in a UConn jacket hitch hiking. Better yet, I live right off exit 41...:cool:
Ha, I could pick you up and bring you there but you'd be on your own getting home!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Anyone remember the term "skitching"? At least that's what I think it was. It was when you were a stupid kid and thought it was fun to grab someones bumper when there is snow on the ground and the car pulls you to where you want to go as you slide along.

Reaction Score
Don't forget it will be treacherous for the kids and their families to get up there too.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I will try to make it but being about 20 miles away I am not sure if I will chance it.

Reaction Score
I will slow down to a pedestrian 30 mph and open the lift gate....just hop on in. Don't mind the vodka bottles in the back. I collect them for charity...yeah charity

Reaction Score
It's looking better, though I know that weather people can be 50/50 at best in New England.

The snow is expected to start between 2 and 4 a.m. on Wednesday and be the heaviest during the morning commute, FOX CT Meteorologist Rachel Frank said. The snow could change to a mix of sleet and freezing rain, or possibly rain, by mid- to late morning, Frank said.

"The worst will be over by 1 p.m. with a few lingering snow showers," she said.

Reaction Score
John silver tweeted that it was cancelled

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
WTF.....talk about jumping the gun.

After the fiasco last week in the metro Atlanta area, expect more of that.

Bad enough being the first one, even worsse to the be the first one not to learn from the first one (and yes, I'm well aware that northeast communities are better prepared for snow/ice than Atlanta, but ice is still a bear to predict and worse driving on it).

Reaction Score
Instead of making a statement and saying to the world that even a Noreaster won't deter UConn from it's mission, once again the wimpy carpetbaggers don't commit. Thus proving why they don't have the heart for D-1 football. IT's FRIGGIN SNOW!!!... and not feet of snow... inches!! I wonder if Alabama would call off national signing day. Hold the thing on campus... in Gampel, or better yet at the indoor training facility. That's where it should be anyways.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nothing amazes me more than people who don't get it's in everyone's best interest to have as few people on the road in storms.

Nobody called off National Signing Day. They cancelled where the coach shows you 30 seconds of film and says a few nice things about the kids.

The schools are all already cancelled. Everyone's day is already shot. The attendance was going to be way down. The people coming from Storrs aren't just driving a few exits on 84 or 91.

It's a state school and the state government wants people off the roads so they can plow them and so that there aren't dozens of accidents that tie up the state police.

This stuff isn't brain surgery. It has nothing to do with being big time. It has nothing to do with being tough guys. It's common sense.

Reaction Score
Instead of making a statement and saying to the world that even a Noreaster won't deter UConn from it's mission, once again the wimpy carpetbaggers don't commit. Thus proving why they don't have the heart for D-1 football. IT's FRIGGIN SNOW!!!... and not feet of snow... inches!! I wonder if Alabama would call off national signing day. Hold the thing on campus... in Gampel, or better yet at the indoor training facility. That's where it should be anyways.

Once again you prove to everyone how intelligent you aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom