HoopGurlz- Rankings are updated | The Boneyard

HoopGurlz- Rankings are updated

Reaction Score

Iowa's top prospect since Caitlin up to #4

UCLA commit Sienna Betts overtakes Jazzy Davidson at #2

Aaliyah Crump up to #5...always thought she looked a bit underrated before

Grace Knox's move to Cali w/ who should be ranked #1 nationally this past HS season Etiwanda sees her up to #11

Leah Macy, the top front court prospect after Betts down to #14.

Recently back on the market after the Tennessee coaching change Nyla Brooks up to #15.

Likely UConn's top American front court target (who seems to have finally gotten that offer?) checks in around the same at #17 Brynn McGaughy

Canada's Agot Makeer makes the top 10 at #10. I feel like the other Canadian Deniya Prawl (#16) was ranked above her in prior lists.

Kelis Fisher around the same at #26

Surprised the Aussie sensation (who now is at IMG Academy in Florida) forward Lara Somfai was ranked as low as she is: #33. I'm perhaps most curious about people's insights on her. Not sure how much she's actually been seen as her move to IMG was so recent, but the level of her recruitment battle seems higher than her ranking. But, we've seen some international players underhanded in the past (Satou Sabally was also outside the top 30).

Oregon commit Janiyah Williams fell from about #21 to #49

Class of 2026 rankings almost updated but super minor changes

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If the ranking is based on one, or few, viewings they can be widely variable among different services. Lara just came to the U.S. from Australia and may not have been seen much yet

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Surprised the Aussie sensation (who now is at IMG Academy in Florida) forward Lara Somfai was ranked as low as she is: #33. I'm perhaps most curious about people's insights on her. Not sure how much she's actually been seen as her move to IMG was so recent, but the level of her recruitment battle seems higher than her ranking. But, we've seen some international players underhanded in the past (Satou Sabally was also outside the top 30).

This is the first time Somfai is ranked at ESPN.

Fisher moving down three spots makes zero sense considering how good she just looked for three games on national TV.

Reaction Score

Grace Knox's move to Cali w/ who should be ranked #1 nationally this past HS season Etiwanda sees her up to #11

Recently back on the market after the Tennessee coaching change Nyla Brooks up to #15.

Likely UConn's top American front court target (who seems to have finally gotten that offer?) checks in around the same at #17 Brynn McGaughy

Canada's Agot Makeer makes the top 10 at #10. I feel like the other Canadian Deniya Prawl (#16) was ranked above her in prior lists.

I believe Somfai has been out injured for a number of the IMG games so who knows if they have even seen her play recently...

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
On a side note...I don't know if this was previously reported but the 2024 Rankings were updated to show Sarah's commitment to UConn.

Reaction Score

I’ll just say that I believe both Somfai and McGaughy are under ranked and I think both are better than Macy. Not only did Somfai arrive mid season at IMG but I’m not sure she’s played much. One game in early Feb. she only played 5 minutes and the most recent games she’s been in sweats on the bench. Possibly an unnoticeable injury. By the middle of next season she could be top 15. And after this summer’s tournaments McGaughy should be too. I believe they’re the two best forwards in the class.

Reaction Score
On a side note...I don't know if this was previously reported but the 2024 Rankings were updated to show Sarah's commitment to UConn.
Allie Ziebel drops from 4 to 7, Morgan Cheli up to 11. Effect of the McDonald's All-America game?

Reaction Score
That still makes no sense. Cheli was a finalist for player of the year so that means top 5 at least to me...
Off that game only (which is clearly a stretch), Allie Zielbel's 3-11 overall, 2-10 from 3, 3 rebounds, 0 assists, 4 fouls, -19 +/- over 23 minutes on that stage wasn't optimal, as 3-pt. shooting has been noted by scouts as her most auspicious asset.

Don't remember where Morgan Cheli was (just that she was below where she is now). She displayed more diverse skills, (3-8, 1-2, 5 rebs, 2 assists, 3 turnovers, -23 +/- in 20 minutes).

To me, both seemed to need physical work before competing at the college level, though Ms. Cheli seemed a bit closer.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Don't remember where Morgan Cheli was (just that she was below where she is now). She displayed more diverse skills, (3-8, 1-2, 5 rebs, 2 assists, 3 turnovers, -23 +/- in 20 minutes).

Cheli was 18th before the update. I wouldn't put too much thought into movement because they dropped Kelis Fisher 3 spots despite her outstanding showing on national TV.

Reaction Score
Off that game only (which is clearly a stretch), Allie Zielbel's 3-11 overall, 2-10 from 3, 3 rebounds, 0 assists, 4 fouls, -19 +/- over 23 minutes on that stage wasn't optimal, as 3-pt. shooting has been noted by scouts as her most auspicious asset.

To me, both seemed to need physical work before competing at the college level, though Ms. Cheli seemed a bit closer.
Cheli now at 11; from what I saw her size and skill level are comparable to Shade - slightly less perimeter shooting skill, but highly skilled and mature. Will get minutes if Coach decides to go deep in the bench; otherwise perhaps a year of seasoning.

Reaction Score
Hard to imagine a more meaningless stat than that from the McDonald’s All-Star game. I think that’s true of virtually all “all star“ games. I doubt we’ll be disappointed with either one of those two.

Reaction Score
I know we are a wing dominant program. But Aliyah Crump is the real deal. Head and shoulders above the competition in Minnesota HS league.

Reaction Score
Is emely rodrigues really not in the top 100? I see she isn't but shouldn't she? Where do you think roughly she should be?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
That still makes no sense. Cheli was a finalist for player of the year so that means top 5 at least to me...
Yeah, but what about Morgan voted Naismith first team All American, joining Sarah and 3 other players? If that's not top 5, what is?

Reaction Score

Overall this is a pretty weak class.

Reaction Score

GA in his comments when both signed their letters of intent, and I’m paraphrasing said that MC had good all-around skills and commented that she could defend and rebounded well
While AZ was not just a shooter, but was a scorer
And that defense this point was not her strong suit
I go by the eye test and MC looks like she is college ready
If you have a chance, watch the video of her game against Long
Island lutheran

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is emely rodrigues really not in the top 100? I see she isn't but shouldn't she? Where do you think roughly she should be?

ASGR has Emely at #30. Based on her videos, this sounds about right.

Reaction Score
Morgan is about 4” taller than Ashlynn.
Additionally, Ashlynn was primarily a point guard in high school, but it is safe to say she won't see any time running the point at UConn. I would be very intrigued to see Morgan run some point, especially given her size...whether that be at PG or PF. Heck, Sarah could be a PF at times...she is a scary good passer. Geno is going to have fun exploiting match-ups this coming season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom