Hoopgurlz: Breanna and Morgan Top 2 High School players | The Boneyard

Hoopgurlz: Breanna and Morgan Top 2 High School players

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks. Morgan had a monster season as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing Nirra Fields on TV at some point. She sounds very exciting.

I'll start another thread on the DC metro stars, including Jonquel Jones, who has a tremendous upside.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
For those who complain about Tuck's ranking, keep in mind that ESPN Hoopgurlz usually does not do postseason rankings (post-senior year, that is). I do not think there is any doubt that Tuck would move up the list. There is post-season rankings for the men, but that is because the public demands it (and most of the people paying for ESPN Insider are more interested in men's sports than women's sports).

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
That's a big (and well deserved) jump in Morgan's rankings. Could be that UConn really has the #1, #2, and #3 recruits from 2012. I can live with that.

See my previous post in this thread.

Reaction Score
Home school kids are not included in this, and for good reason. Moriah's team may have been the home school national champion, but it doesn't even compare to the best high schools teams in the country and the competition those high schools teams play.

What happened to Moriah Jefferson? Were home school kids not included in these rankings?

That's a big (and well deserved) jump in Morgan's rankings. Could be that UConn really has the #1, #2, and #3 recruits from 2012. I can live with that.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
courtney ekmark - that's impressive to be as young and be on that list. IIRC aren't we looking at her?

Reaction Score
We really do have the #1, #2, and #3 ranked girls coming in......WOW!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
courtney ekmark - that's impressive to be as young and be on that list. IIRC aren't we looking at her?
Yep, coach's daughter, smart, not super athletic, good shooter.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yep, coach's daughter, smart, not super athletic, good shooter.
there must be something other worldy about her to be ranked as the #7 high school player reegardless of class. she's ahead of kids like Taya Reimer, Kaela Davis, Brianna Turner and Alexis Jones. that's pretty amazing. and she's apparently NOT a PG - 2/3 type of player. all i can say is wow...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think it was a little unclear, but this ranking was different. These are not the best players. These are the players who had the best seasons. Embark led her team to the national #1 ranking.

Breanna is the best player AND had the best season.

Reaction Score
I think it was a little unclear, but this ranking was different. These are not the best players. These are the players who had the best seasons. Embark led her team to the national #1 ranking.

I have seen Stewart play one all star game, plus a few videos, she looks like a good athlete, but I don't know who to compare her to. Any current, or recent players anyone would compare her to ?..... I have only followed WBB for 5 years or so.

I have heard the EDD comparisons, however I do not see it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have seen Stewart play one all star game, plus a few videos, she looks like a good athlete, but I don't know who to compare her to. Any current, or recent players anyone would compare her to ?..... I have only followed WBB for 5 years or so.

I have heard the EDD comparisons, however I do not see it.
Bre's skill set is really unique.

The best I can describe:

Candace Parker, slightly shorter, longer wingspan, better shooter, better ball handler, not quite as strong, plays harder

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
When is the last time a school got players ranked nos. 1-3? We were close in the Nicole Wolff year...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Definitely a post, but with perimeter skills. She could play all 5 positions.
Agree- expect she'll play PF, but a versatile one.

Geno has called her an evolutionary Rebecca Lobo and also compared her to Kevin Garnett. KG actually seems like a really apt comparison in terms of body type/versatility at the PF, as well as defensive expertise. If she also has KG's galvanizing qualities without being deranged while also having a little more crunch-time chops than KG, we will have one hell of a player.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Many folks can't wait for her to Embark on next season.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Courtney and her Dad were up at the Big East tournament....presumably on an unofficial visit to UConn. At least that is what I'm hoping.

Reaction Score
Because of academics, if Stanford offers her, she's likely there. She was MVP of their camp two years ago and no one believed she was just entering high school. Duke would be the only other contender at this time, but of course, things change as you get closer to LOI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom