OT: - Holiday to Celtics | The Boneyard

OT: Holiday to Celtics

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Seeing Timelord go hurts. The second half of 21/22 the Celtics were amazing and he was such a huge part of it until the injury.

Wasn't quite the same after that. So I get it from Stevens here, but yeah... losing Marcus, Grant and Rob in the same offseason hurts bad.

Reaction Score
Holiday is really good, but not sure I get giving up Robert Williams. I guess they really trust Porzingis to stay healthy

Reaction Score
This was an expected move from Portland. The rebuild has officially hit second gear. But what kinds of picks can they expect from Boston? A bunch of late round picks?

Reaction Score
This was an expected move from Portland. The rebuild has officially hit second gear. But what kinds of picks can they expect from Boston? A bunch of late round picks?
One of the first round picks is the Warriors' 2024 protected first round pick and the other is the Celtics' 2029 unprotected pick. Who knows what the Celtics pick in 2029 will be. They're selling out to win now so they may stink by then.

Reaction Score
Doesn't Porzingis have plantar fasciitis? Williams' knee is probably cooked but he was still impactful, Celtics are gonna need to add another big.

Reaction Score
All I know is that if this were Doctor Who, you would not exchange a Timelord for a holiday.

Reaction Score
Portland really did a great job on the Dame trade, they have a great foundation after flipping Holliday now.

As for the C's, it's a great move and they basically upgraded Marcus Smart. Robert Williams' knee is cooked and he was inconsistent as is. One gray area is are they gonna hold up vs Giannis and Embiid? One of the big reasons they beat Milwaukee 2 years ago was that they were able to match Giannis' minutes with Horford's. Big Al will be 37 this year so it'll be a tough ask to have him guard Giannis for a series. Embiid is just a load for anyone.

Having Kristaps there is awesome as well. Just a little thin behind those two. They did sign our old friend Wenyen Gabriel today though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It looks like a massive upgrade for the C's. Danny Ainge was afraid of moves like this his last 5 years in Boston.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom