hockey east decision coming(june) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

hockey east decision coming(june)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also would it be possible to hang a jumbo tron from gample. Iit would be a lot of work but I think it should be able to be done. We gotta have room for penalty boxes benches as well as the ice rink. They would also need a place to store the basketball stuff when hockey being used. I think it can be done but I agree building a separate place may not be that much more

Reaction Score
Also would it be possible to hang a jumbo tron from gample. Iit would be a lot of work but I think it should be able to be done. We gotta have room for penalty boxes benches as well as the ice rink. They would also need a place to store the basketball stuff when hockey being used. I think it can be done but I agree building a separate place may not be that much more
Turning GP into a hockey rink is not possible without rebuilding the entire structure. The facility is not long enough to accommodate the length of a hockey rink, as well as stands behind either net. It's not going to happen. New facility is the correct, and only way to go.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
GIVE ME PUCK NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
GIVE ME PUCK NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ask and ye shall receive:
Confirmed vote was taken today among other HE schools, but that, if the vote was yes, a formal invitation would not be extended until Friday. That said, sources indicate the vote was...

YES.
https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonET/status/215539669679620096
^^Very connected and respected HE writer, he's the beat reporter for Merrimack and very much tied into what's going on everywhere in the league, so I have no reason to believe he's anything but 100% correct. Word is, in for '14-15. Nothing further at this time available.

Reaction Score
any word on if we'll accept the invitation?;)

so this sounds great and it should be official on friday. terrific

Reaction Score
any word on if we'll accept the invitation?;)

so this sounds great and it should be official on friday. terrific
If we say no, fire everyone. Considering our AD is from, perhaps, the biggest hockey school in the country, I seriously doubt the word no will cross his mind.

Reaction Score
I guess you have to ask, does hockey help football? Does football help hockey? My answer would be if it's a competitive program and marketed effectively yes to both. But I still feel hockey needs as strong campus presence and a decent rink there too. We have the talent in this area/region to be successful. We also have interest in the sport.

Reaction Score
I guess you have to ask, does hockey help football? Does football help hockey? My answer would be if it's a competitive program and marketed effectively yes to both. But I still feel hockey needs as strong campus presence and a decent rink there too. We have the talent in this area/region to be successful. We also have interest in the sport.
building a strong hockey program would be enticing to the B1G, but wouldn't come close to overwhelming any lack of success in football. it does make the program overall look more serious about being a power in everything and ensuring they play against the best competition in every sport possible. in the end, it won't be a ticket into any conference, but a strong hockey program can only serve to help, not hurt.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
LETTTSSS FUUUUCCCCKKKKKIIINNGGGG GOGGGOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Conference games to be played at the XL with non-conference back on campus.

Reaction Score
Today's the day? Will it happen? ( I'll buy season tickets to the new women's collegiate lingerie football team that will be added to accomodate Title IX.);)

hmmm...Collegiate lingerie football...what league is the Univesity of Victoria Secret in?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom