Highlights v. Fort Hays State | The Boneyard

Highlights v. Fort Hays State

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
At Z's size and mobility if she gets some good passes she is almost unstoppable.
At 6’6”, when Z cuts down the lane, she presents a big target for her teammates to pass to. Danger, MW and Lou all hit Z with high passes that she handled easily and finished at the basket. You just can’t teach size.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
At 6’6”, when Z cuts down the lane, she presents a big target for her teammates to pass to. Danger, MW and Lou all hit Z with high passes that she handled easily and finished at the basket. You just can’t teach size.

Her hands are great. This was the main weakness with Butler and now that has been rectified in spades.

Reaction Score
Meant to give a shout out to Meg's 2 excellent entry passes to Z (one of which is in the video). That was the best news from the Fantom Freshmen.
Also, Geno made clear why he started Crystal: decision gave Core Four "comfort" of playing as they did last year when Saniya was the distributor. Coach said he was able to "slip" Danger into the starting line-up with a minimum disruption to the established rhythm. Makes sense, but he really can't let a player of Z's quality languish on the bench for long. Steven's contributions are some that no one else can make. I say: play 6 starters this year instead of 5--that should befuddle our opponents (even more).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meant to give a shout out to Meg's 2 excellent entry passes to Z (one of which is in the video). That was the best news from the Fantom Freshmen.
Also, Geno made clear why he started Crystal: decision gave Core Four "comfort" of playing as they did last year when Saniya was the distributor. Coach said he was able to "slip" Danger into the starting line-up with a minimum disruption to the established rhythm. Makes sense, but he really can't let a player of Z's quality languish on the bench for long. Steven's contributions are some that no one else can make. I say: play 6 starters this year instead of 5--that should befuddle our opponents (even more).
I think Geno will rotate 4 players at the 3 front court positions. It will give them a break, so they can play very hard.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Her hands are great. This was the main weakness with Butler and now that has been rectified in spades.
Excellent point. A 6’6” player with great hands and good footwork is one hell of a target cutting to the basket.

Reaction Score
Megan is very fast and knows where she should be. She must have very high basketball IQ.
For a while I thought she was Pheesa in last night game.

Reaction Score
And you can't teach liking your team. From what Z said when questioned about coming off the bench. She loves the the UCONN program, and the players. Although she started and did well at Duke, she was unhappy. It's so easy to tell the UCONN players like each other and that's much more important than whether or not one comes off the bench. Go Z!

Reaction Score
I think Geno will rotate 4 players at the 3 front court positions. It will give them a break, so they can play very hard.

I wonder if Gabby's minutes will take the biggest hit from last year. I remember her saying she was really spent at the end of the year playing out of position like that against bigger stronger players. I was hoping they would develop Gabby's perimeter skills this year to prepare her for the WNBA level. Looks like it's not happening. Her WNBA situation reminds me a bit of Nina Davis, one time first team All American who ended up not getting drafted but got a training camp invite only to get cut. I definitely think Gabby will get drafted high and her defensive skills will translate well to the WNBA, but she might be an offensive project. I'm not sure she can make it as a shorter Alyssa Thomas. I'm rooting for her though. She's one of my favorite college players.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
where is the full video of the whole game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom