Here how to beat UConn | The Boneyard

Here how to beat UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Ive been thinking about this a lot. I keep hearing about it on the boards and during WCBB games on TV. I have finally figured it out. Now understand this is the remedy, the plan to beat UConn. It can be done. Now Im not asking any coaches for any money I giving this as free advise. What does an opponent need to do to beat UConn this season. Ok here we go. This isn't rock science this is just common sense.

Opposing teams need to outscore UConn. I told you it wasn't rock science. Its that easy. UConn averages around 88 pts a game. So opposing teams need to score over 88 pts and keep UConn to 88 pts or less. So for most teams they need 5 players to score 18pts each and keep UConn from doing that . Now the problem most teams will have is they don't have 5 players who can score 18 pts against UConn. So then opposing teams need to have their top 7-8 players score approx. 13-14 pts against UConn to beat them.

Now we know so far no team has been able to do that. So IMO UConn will go undefeated again and win another NC.

So for opposing fans who don't like UConn, or are tired of UConn winning by so much and winning all the time Ive just given you the formula to beat them. Take it to your teams coach and give it to them. The problem isn't UConn winning the problem is opponents not doing what it takes to beat UConn. The problem isn't UConn because UConn has made a total commitment to winning, the problem is opposing teams not making the commitment that UConn has made to win NCs and set records.

Reaction Score
Ive been thinking about this a lot. I keep hearing about it on the boards and during WCBB games on TV. I have finally figured it out. Now understand this is the remedy, the plan to beat UConn. It can be done. Now Im not asking any coaches for any money I giving this as free advise. What does an opponent need to do to beat UConn this season. Ok here we go. This isn't rock science this is just common sense.

Opposing teams need to outscore UConn. I told you it wasn't rock science. Its that easy. UConn averages around 88 pts a game. So opposing teams need to score over 88 pts and keep UConn to 88 pts or less. So for most teams they need 5 players to score 18pts each and keep UConn from doing that . Now the problem most teams will have is they don't have 5 players who can score 18 pts against UConn. So then opposing teams need to have their top 7-8 players score approx. 13-14 pts against UConn to beat them.

Now we know so far no team has been able to do that. So IMO UConn will go undefeated again and win another NC.

So for opposing fans who don't like UConn, or are tired of UConn winning by so much and winning all the time Ive just given you the formula to beat them. Take it to your teams coach and give it to them. The problem isn't UConn winning the problem is opponents not doing what it takes to beat UConn. The problem isn't UConn because UConn has made a total commitment to winning, the problem is opposing teams not making the commitment that UConn has made to win NCs and set records.
I am no geologist, but if I were, I would think Tony C is full of schist!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
You can't look at UConn's average because they are forced to play so many weak teams. Instead, look at UConn's lowest total this year, 66 versus South Carolina. So, you have to hold UConn to its season low, then score at least one more point than that. Three times that has happened this season: Depaul (70), Maryland (73), and Notre Dame (81).

So, Tony, it's not as impossible to happen as you would lead us to believe.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
You can't look at UConn's average because they are forced to play so many weak teams. Instead, look at UConn's lowest total this year, 66 versus South Carolina. So, you have to hold UConn to its season low, then score at least one more point than that. Three times that has happened this season: Depaul (70), Maryland (73), and Notre Dame (81).

So, Tony, it's not as impossible to happen as you would lead us to believe.
Exactly. Last season UConn averaged 89.1 points per game, but ND didn't have to score 90 to win the NC game. They only needed to score 64 (which they were unable to do, obviously). This year UConn is averaging 88, so maybe 63 points is all ND needs this year! UConn's defense is their greatest asset. Even when their shots are not falling, their defense is the best there is. I don't see another team knocking them off, but if they do, I doubt it will be because they score 90 points against the Huskies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Exactly. Last season UConn averaged 89.1 points per game, but ND didn't have to score 90 to win the NC game. They only needed to score 64 (which they were unable to do, obviously). This year UConn is averaging 88, so maybe 63 points is all ND needs this year! UConn's defense is their greatest asset. Even when their shots are not falling, their defense is the best there is. I don't see another team knocking them off, but if they do, I doubt it will be because they score 90 points against the Huskies.
Last team to beat UCONN had to score 88, sooooo....just sayin'.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Last team to beat UCONN had to score 88, sooooo....just sayin'.
87, actually. They scored 88 just to rub it in.

But the loss before that only required 60 points by the winning team. Of course that was 3 years ago tomorrow!

Reaction Score
. This isn't rock science this is just common sense.

What do you mean Tony? I've heard over and over by all the talking heads that one of the most important things to do when playing UCONN is to "take care of the rock".

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
What do you mean Tony? I've heard over and over by all the talking heads that one of the most important things to do when playing UCONN is to "take care of the rock".

Preferable to "Getting stoned."

Maybe. ;)

Reaction Score
Simple!! Just foul Tuck when she shoots. Refs are not calling it. I noticed this foolproof technique starting with Temple and is continuing. You don't need much skill and anyone on the court can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom