"Hearing that the #UNC Notice of Allegations will be released Thursday morning" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"Hearing that the #UNC Notice of Allegations will be released Thursday morning"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And here's the response to all of the "any students could have taken those courses" crowd:

Although the general student body also had access to the anomalous AFRI/AFAM courses, student-athletes received preferential access to these anomalous courses, enrolled in these anomalous courses at a disproportionate rate to that of the general student body and received other impermissible benefits not available to the general student body in connection with these courses.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And vacate it the year after. (JK I am sure they are pure as virgin snow at this point) I am however still curious about Quse's lone NC- they were dirty as a Thai prostitute when they won.
They negotiated to have the punishment start after their nc

Reaction Score
Hopefully this will quiet the crowd that thinks UNC will only get a slap on the wrist.

The evidence is so bad - and so public - that the NCAA has no choice but to punish them. And contrary to Penn State, UNC won't have the threat of legal action up its sleeve.

Reaction Score
I think multiple postseason bans and years of scholarship loss are in order.

EDIT: Some history is also going to go"poof"

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I smell death penalty, but its too good to be true.

Reaction Score
Hopefully this will quiet the crowd that thinks UNC will only get a slap on the wrist.

The evidence is so bad - and so public - that the NCAA has no choice but to punish them. And contrary to Penn State, UNC won't have the threat of legal action up its sleeve.

The only reason PSU was overturned was because the NCAA wanted $60 million from PSU. It overreached and brought the case into the courts.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
On the UNC Basketball board, they said a writer/media guy David Glenn has an inside source saying the basketball program will not be receiving any punishment. It's all football and women's basketball.

Take that with a grain of salt and whisper from Cheif though..

Reaction Score
This is an example of the absurdity of the boneyard. Everyone complained that Cuse got banned this year because they were not going to win it and not in the future, but people want UNC banned this year because they are good.

If it does not fit perfectly into people's needs and views here they think its a conspiracy or the NCAA has an agenda.

no people complained about Cuse because the season was already over and they took advantage of knowing they wouldn't make the tournament. UNC could have an injury next year that prevents them from making a big splash in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs 4m4 minutes ago
Told that while language in UNC is using new penalty (more punitive) structure, UNC will be penalized with more lenient (old penalty struc)

Of course, because anyone with the most minuscule concept fairness and decency knows that it's wrong to apply punishments adopted after the crime in question was committed. It's just like when we had our APR problem and...oh wait, never mind.

Reaction Score
As more people poor over and comment on this, the more I think MBB and Fball are going to skate on this....

Reaction Score
What are you talking about?

Is it even worth asking? Everyone who makes no effort to learn anything about this is going to say that they won't be punished. It's easier to say that and complain than to put in the work required to be reasonably educated on it.

Reaction Score
no people complained about Cuse because the season was already over and they took advantage of knowing they wouldn't make the tournament. UNC could have an injury next year that prevents them from making a big splash in the tournament.
Do you have any clue what you are talking about?

They announced the post season ban on February 4th, how was the season over? They were 15-7 and 5-3 in the ACC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is an example of the absurdity of the boneyard. Everyone complained that Cuse got banned this year because they were not going to win it and not in the future, but people want UNC banned this year because they are good.

If it does not fit perfectly into people's needs and views here they think its a conspiracy or the NCAA has an agenda.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
How long has the NCAA been paying you to carry their water on this board "Jerry?"
(I'll bet Jerry's not even his real name.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reading through it, it seems like it's only Level I violations. Am I reading that right?

Here's the NCAA definition of Level I violations:

Level I: Severe breach of conduct

Violations that seriously undermine or threaten the integrity of the NCAA collegiate model as set forth in the Constitution and bylaws, including any violation that provides or is intended to provide a substantial or extensive recruiting, competitive or other advantage, or a substantial or extensive impermissible benefit.

Examples of violations

Level I

• Lack of institutional control.
  • Academic fraud.
  • Failure to cooperate in an NCAA enforcement investigation.
  • Individual unethical or dishonest conduct.
  • Head coach responsibility violation by a head coach resulting from an underlying Level I violation by an individual within the sport program.

Level I violations are the most severe violations under the NCAA's penalty structure.

It appears that a number of UNC's athletic programs took advantage of the anomalous classes. Hopefully the NCAA doesn't try to make this exclusively a women's basketball and football case, as some have indicated. Seven members of UNC's 2005 men's basketball championship team majored in African-American studies. (Note: If that 2005 title gets vacated, UConn will have as many official men's basketball championships as North Carolina)

It's tough to say what will happen in any NCAA case given that they're an incompetent and inconsistent organization. That fact very well may be exacerbated by the fact that North Carolina is a Golden Goose of the NCAA. Many may try to argue that "everyone does it," but UNC violated the ultimate rule of cheating: don't get caught. I don't see any way the NCAA can get out of punishing North Carolina severely.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Will the penalty be based upon the structure that was current at the time of the violations or will it be un-retroactively lessened or exactly the opposite of our APR sanctions.
The NCAA COI has a choice on which penalty structure to use because the infractions occurred in old structure. Surprise, surprise the COI chose the older more lenient penalty structure because f@$& UConn

What I've read so far, I concur with @Santini35 that WBB will feel the most paint, however MBB and Football will not get off completely, but you know fack UConn

Reaction Score
Embroiled in lawsuits from players they don't want to consider employees, the NCAA has to make absolutely clear here that they do not tolerate schools providing a substandard education to its student-athletes for the purpose of keeping them eligible for athletics. That eviscerates the contention that the NCAA's members schools are giving fair value to student-athletes by providing them with scholarships. If they don't hammer UNC for this, it will be used to show that the NCAA tolerates not educating athletes, which basically guarantees a judgment against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom