Heard on WHUS today... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Heard on WHUS today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would say that FL State's season in the Acc looked a lot like the Uconn womens regular season. Boring and just waiting for the post season. But at least there is tailgating before football to ease the boredom. I am not saying the Big 12 would be any better but they must be getting bored of the Acc again. Obviously the only cure is the SEC and it just isn't likely to happen for them.

lofl....

A season, with an anticipated run to the NC, boring?

Only a fan of another school would toss out that gem.

Every game is do or die...every week is exciting. It isn't easy to go 14-0. Every team wants to make their season by taking you down.

I know our fanbase was excited, our boards were full, the Seminole Club meeting attendance was at a high...

Reaction Score
Right this all should be taken seriously because WHUS is in the know...

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
The dudism disease is absolutely endemic....

It's a form of CR Tourrette's syndrome...whereby the afflicted start prophesizing absolute unsupported drivel...

And it highly contagious. It passes from individual to individual like typhoid.

A pretty stupid comparison since Tourette Syndrome is no way, shape or form what you imply. Stop trying to sound intelligent. It isn't working.

Reaction Score
Lead SEC columnist for campusinsider.com said this today:

Russ Mitchell ‏@RussMitchellCFB 2h
Any school can get out of any conf; it just takes money & conviction. The SEC will end up at 16, & I believe they will come from the ACC

Russ Mitchell ‏@RussMitchellCFB 1h
Yup. I'm on record for a while now - I believe it will be NC State and Va Tech.

LOL. East Carolina and Old Dominion. They are available for presence in those states.

Reaction Score
And we have the Miami AD comenting in an interview today raving about how happy Miami is in the ACC and how it is a perfect fit. One has to do a double take when he talks like this. It must be that he's secretly looking to leave. Those WV Dudes will have Miami going to the SEC by the end of the week.

http://msn.foxsports.com/florida/story/miami-ad-blake-james-sees-acc-as-perfect-fit-021214

Very interesting, btstimpy. Good find. Yes, the Miami AD comments are a little suspicious. What prompted him to come out today saying how much he loves the ACC? Does anyone think that just came out of the blue? No way. He probably got wind about Florida State leaving. He doesn't want Florida State to leave and wants to remind them how great the ACC is. Or maybe he's setting it up so that he can go with Florida State to the Big 12. And now we those ominous posts by Russ Mitchell, who is even a legitimate, officially licensed newsman. Why did he choose to post that stuff about SEC expansion today? It really makes you think.

Reaction Score
The good news is that if this is true, then FSU is one less school that will vote against us. The bad news is that this just puts more pressure on the ACC to beef up in football. You know the rest.

But it's probably all BS anyways.

Reaction Score
As one of the infected or inflicted I found Luck's mention that "it would be nice to have one or two programs closer" to WVU for the benefit of their fans. So Cinci must be a prime candidate for one spot, the question is would they consider UConn or UCF to be closer for # 2?:)

Reaction Score
If FSU ever left the ACC, ACC football becomes the old Big East, including Olympic sport only ND. Clearly, the #5 football conference. It would become unstable as schools would have to review their options. Hard to see Clemson sticking around.

As for interesting football schedules, nobody in the ACC compares to Texas and Oklahoma, although you get ND at home about once every five years.

U

UCONNfan1

All I can say is I'm super stoked to imagine that the poaching will begin again. Let the SEC, Big 12 or Big 10 take ANYONE from the ACC, and dominoes will start to fall. That means there's a great chance UCONN can get out of the AAC. Don't get me wrong - I think the AAC can be good in about 10 years if schools like UCF, SMU, and a few others pour resources into their sports programs, but I can't wait for the day UCONN is no longer part of it...

Reaction Score
If FSU ever left the ACC, ACC football becomes the old Big East, including Olympic sport only ND. Clearly, the #5 football conference. It would become unstable as schools would have to review their options. Hard to see Clemson sticking around.

As for interesting football schedules, nobody in the ACC compares to Texas and Oklahoma, although you get ND at home about once every five years.

You have to be tipsy...FSU would be pared against ISU, Kansas, KSU, WVU, and Texas Tech....They wouldn't play n thr same division as Oklahoma nor Texas.

And Texas means nothing to FSU fans...it's Miami and Clemson and Florida...

Reaction Score
If FSU goes anywhere it would be to the SEC, probably with Clemson or Texas or Georgia Tech. Fla would not like it but if the SEC expands I see them going after FSU, Texas, Clemson in that order and then others if any two of them don't commit. Though I'm not sure what FSU gains by leaving the ACC except a much tougher conference schedule in football. Also don't be surprised, if FSU does leave the ACC, that they(ACC) don't go after one of the Florida teams in the AAC. Academics vs having a presence in Florida, that will be the question. Hey they took Louisville, why wouldn't they take UCF? UConn got snubbed for a reason and I'm not sure the whole story is out on that yet. If Texas goes to the SEC you may see the rest of that conference panic and go after SMU, Houston, Memphis. This could get real ugly for UConn before it gets better. Man the Huskies need to start winning some football games and win them pretty freakin fast.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There is no chance that the SEC expands with Florida State and Clemson.

Neither one of them is worth a cent to the SEC who already has a bigger presence in both states - they blew FSU off earlier this year.

The SEC has no pressure to expand, but if they did, they'd likely expand the footprint into Carolina/Virginia.

Reaction Score

Neither one of them is worth a cent to the SEC who already has a bigger presence in both states - they blew FSU off earlier this year.

The SEC has no pressure to expand, but if they did, they'd likely expand the footprint into Carolina/Virginia.

This. No offense to Clemson, but the SEC is not paying twice for the lucrative South Carolina market.

Reaction Score
If FSU goes anywhere it would be to the SEC, probably with Clemson or Texas or Georgia Tech. Fla would not like it but if the SEC expands I see them going after FSU, Texas, Clemson in that order and then others if any two of them don't commit. Though I'm not sure what FSU gains by leaving the ACC except a much tougher conference schedule in football. Also don't be surprised, if FSU does leave the ACC, that they(ACC) don't go after one of the Florida teams in the AAC. Academics vs having a presence in Florida, that will be the question. Hey they took Louisville, why wouldn't they take UCF? UConn got snubbed for a reason and I'm not sure the whole story is out on that yet. If Texas goes to the SEC you may see the rest of that conference panic and go after SMU, Houston, Memphis. This could get real ugly for UConn before it gets better. Man the Huskies need to start winning some football games and win them pretty freakin fast.

As usual you make no sense whatsoever.

Reaction Score

While both the SEC & B1G would take UNC in a minute the 2 names most commonly linked to the SEC are NC St & Va Tech.

UNC will stay in the ACC until the last second before the ship sinks if it came to that

Reaction Score

FSU isn't going anywhere because they have no place to go other than the Big 12 & there is no reason for them to make that move.

Our resident FSU apologist will show up any second & tell us how they are committed to the ACC but the reality is they are stuck in the ACC

Reaction Score
I think That FSU is committed to the ACC...and I also agree that the SEC is out of the picture and so is the Big 12 so it is ACC all the way.

I think that options are getting pretty thin for many teams...

Although I am one who thinks that the Big 12 building an eastern pod makes a lot of sense, that pod would probably be something like UConn, WVU, Cincinnati, UCF, ECU, etc.

Reaction Score
I think That FSU is committed to the ACC...and I also agree that the SEC is out of the picture and so is the Big 12 so it is ACC all the way.

I think that options are getting pretty thin for many teams...

Although I am one who thinks that the Big 12 building an eastern pod makes a lot of sense, that pod would probably be something like UConn, WVU, Cincinnati, UCF, ECU, etc.
billy, I like ECU(more than WF/DukeFB) too but I don't think the Big12 will see them as a "must add" in the big picture? I think the OBE should have 5 or 6 yrs ago though. A lot of congestion in a "smaller large state"(9.5M?) in N.Carolina. Add in 2 more in SC and thats 6(7 inc ECU) D1 programs in an area(Carolinas) with a population of around (14M?).

Reaction Score
Hindsight is great, but if the old BE administretion got an epiphany around 2010 and decided to shore up the FB side with ECU and UCF, WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, and Louisville would still be in the BE. Those teams had a history with ECU, and Louisville had one with UCF........all appreciated there value.

But in its infinite wisdom, the old BE rationalized the BEFB league could be improved by upgrading Villanova........would even consider accepting a massive size 18,000 seat stadium. Its all water under the bridge now, but typlifies the small time thinking of the old BE administration.

Now some are realistically concerned that GEE wiz, if ACC needs to expand out of necessity down the road.....they may choose UCF and/or ECU before UConn. Duuuh! Four years later some are acknowledging that UCF and ECU are pretty good and have value.

I am sooooo sick of various senarios that leave UConn out. I'm as clueless as the next blue blood UConn fan, but would not be surprised if UCF or ECU leapfrogs UConn IF there is another realignment.

UConn has been victimized by years of a BE administration that lacked foresight towards the direction of college athletics, and if they had a clue, were immune as to a proper response to hold the league together. Living in the past........using a foggy crystal ball for guidance.

Sorry to all fans.......I vented and got an ounce of pent up frustration off my chest. I'm keeping the rest close to the vest to spare you all some commentary that does not use proper English vernacular expressions.

Reaction Score
Hindsight is great, but if the old BE administretion got an epiphany around 2010 and decided to shore up the FB side with ECU and UCF, WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, and Louisville would still be in the BE. Those teams had a history with ECU, and Louisville had one with UCF...all appreciated there value.

Not a terrible idea, but I don't think that would have stopped any kind of movement. The whole exploration of the Villanova upgrade was not even a good half measure.

Pitt, WVU, Syracuse, Rutgers, Louisville and UConn would all have left given the opportunity.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You have to be tipsy...FSU would be pared against ISU, Kansas, KSU, WVU, and Texas Tech....They wouldn't play n thr same division as Oklahoma nor Texas.

And Texas means nothing to FSU fans...it's Miami and Clemson and Florida...

Again, not that it's going to happen (because it is extremely unlikely that it does), but Florida State would absolutely be playing against Texas if they went to the Big12! The conference would split into a north and south division, as they had in the past. If FSU and Clemson jumped to the Big12, here would be the hypothetical alignment:

North: Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, WVU, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma
South: Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Florida State, Clemson

The addition of a championship game along with the FSU / Clemson addition would be the only reason that the Big12 or FSU would do it, as it would add a boat-load of money to the conference (which is already making as much as the ACC). Having said all that, I still don't think it happens...but they would play Texas every year...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The whole exploration of the Villanova upgrade was not even a good half measure.

halfmeasures.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Hindsight is great, but if the old BE administretion got an epiphany around 2010 and decided to shore up the FB side with ECU and UCF, WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, and Louisville would still be in the BE. Those teams had a history with ECU, and Louisville had one with UCF...all appreciated there value.

You're out of your mind.

You know who didn't want UCF and ECU in the conference?

The schools you just mentioned.

Do people even take a half-second to think about this crap before they post? Holy s---.

Reaction Score
Don't think so.

The problems that the Big 12 has in expanding is their complete discord over divisions. They could not come to any agreements on structure.

What you pick up is that some do not want a North-South that almost ruined the Big 12. And that all of the Texas teams and Oklahoma teams want to play one another. And that the Texas crew wants ISU, Kansas, KSU, and WVU together.

The Big 12 North in 2010

Nebraska
Missouri
Colorado
Kansas
KSU
ISU

The good ole boys of Texas and Oklahoma (who own the conference) would just plug FSU into the North and hope that they could take Nebraska's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom