Heads-up: UHart and Albany on TV Friday at 4:30 | The Boneyard

Heads-up: UHart and Albany on TV Friday at 4:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Finals of the America East tourney at 4:30 Friday on espnu [I am told].

No shot at all for an at-large bid in that league...go Jen!
Albany is favored.

Reaction Score
For those on the fence, I now see that Sue Bird is doing color commentary.

Reaction Score
Hawks will have their hands full. Danes are far quicker and more athletic. Outstanding players in Richards and Royals. Nice to hear Sue do the game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I can understand a school like Hartford won't get many top 50 recruits. But what I don't understand is how Jen has been unable to build a program that would dominate her own league. She took her teams to the NCAA's years back winning the conference at UHart, but this season she was 8-8 in the conference - only good enough for 5th in her own league behind Albany, Stony Brook, New Hampshire and Maine.

From 2005 thru 2011, she was mostly 1st or 2nd in her league, and took her team to the NCAA's 5 times, and to the WNIT twice. since then it's been nothing. 3rd, 3rd, 5th and 5th this year in her league and last year she even had a losing record...

Reaction Score
I think the group with Delva and Witt were the best. Jen's recruiting has suffered in the last four years. She won't get the top 50 but several successful teams don't either. I don't think she has much help with coaching either. She has her husband as her main assistant. She seems to always recruit these small tough guards that end up getting hurt. Jen needs a couple of 6 foot 2 post players. Every since she started working actively with USA basketball it seems her recruiting suffered. Other teams have assistant coaches that help. I don't think UHart has that.

Reaction Score
Am I hearing Eric Freid & Sue Bird calling this game ESPNU ???

Reaction Score
Hartford lost two starters with pretty scary looking knee injuries. Thought Hartford did a pretty nice job despite. Lots of injuries for Hartford this year. Thought this was one of Jen's best coaching efforts with all their physical problems.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Gave it a good run. Competition may have gotten much better over last five years in American East. I know the top SUNY's like Albany are building themselves up in many sports, and the Great Danes have pushed their basketball to the top, so now they are a top 75 program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom