Heads-up: January 2015...Capital Prep in a big one [Elmore] | The Boneyard

Heads-up: January 2015...Capital Prep in a big one [Elmore]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
To file away:

Over the MLK weekend on Friday January 16 local Capital Prep will be at Springfield College to play an Oregon high school...think it is South Medford. Cap Prep was Class L champ this past season...Class S last year...I think both seasons were undefeated.
I believe they will try Class LL next year...probably win that too.

This game in Springfield is a chance for them to make a bit of a national rep. Frankly I hope they are invited to one of the big holiday tournaments...like the Nike event in Arizona.

2015 Kiah Gillespie was Gatorade POY in our state last year...I think I saw her rank as around #40. 2016 Desiree Elmore is ranked #22 [with a bullet] in her class according to an article by Carl Adamec. She had an ankle injury during the trials in Colorado and didn't make the team but my sense is she was out there to test herself against the elite and see what she has to work on.

We have seen nothing that indicates UConn has interest in Kiah but I kinda wonder about possible interest in the younger Desiree. By January maybe we will know more.

Reaction Score
Actually, Geno was at a Capital Prep home game this past winter. I know this because my daughter's HS team was there scouting CP for a possible matchup in the states. She said Geno was like a rock star with lots of fans lining up for autographs.Security actually had to nicely put an end to it, so that Geno could do what he was there to do. I assume that was to scout Gillespie or Elmore, or both, not just sign autographs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom