Have you ever seen one of those movies... | The Boneyard

Have you ever seen one of those movies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Where a boyfriend and girlfriend are about to be separated from eachother for an unknown amount of time. And the boyfriend promises to return to the same beach, on a certain day, every year. And year after year the boyfriend keeps showing up even as the beach turns to . And we the viewers watch him age, hoping that his lost love will show up one year, all the while knowing that his girlfriend died 5o years ago. And then he dies.

That is how I feel about my visits to this board. Our Big East bretheren left us, but we thought we would meet up again and collectively promised to visit this board once per day. But we age, and the neighborhood has devolved into outsiders telling us why we have no worth, discussions about where PSU's new President came from, and Big East attendance analysis. And all the while, somewhere, Swofford, Delaney, and ESPN know we are fuc&ed.

So why do I come back? Because sometimes the goshdarn girl shows up at the end, that's why!

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Started happy hour just a wee bit early?;)

Reaction Score
he probably should have tried to get her name and phone number, that would have been a lot easier, however, she had call waiting and didn't bother to answer because she was taking to ESPN.

Reaction Score
I'm holding out hope for the Maryland versus ACC lawsuit. They're out of the ACC come July 1st and I hope they win the lawsuit or the ACC and them come to a settlement. Hopefully, that will start the conference realignment process again? One can hope.

Reaction Score
I always thought we could someday win a championship in men's basketball and we did so I think that hoping for an invite to a power conference is within the realm of possibilities. The problem that we have no say in the process is the scary part. Just hanging out waiting to be noticed by the" populars".

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm hoping for the ACC to get the conference championship requirements changed and invite us as 15.

But really hope has faded more than I'd like to admit. Sucks. I don't read the Conference Realignment board nearly as much. :(

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for the ACC to get the conference championship requirements changed and invite us as 15.

But really hope has faded more than I'd like to admit. Sucks. I don't read the Conference Realignment board nearly as much. :(

CTMike,

Do not despair, this BS will not stand. No one (including those padres of questionable ethics from Chestnut Hill) will ever convince me that UConn being shutout of the P-5 makes any f..king sense. UConn belongs in a P-5 conference as much or more than Bf..kingC, Syra...., Pitt, Rutgers and (OMG) Louisville. It will happen because this BS will not stand and UConn will enter a conference with a GodD ... chip on its shoulder bigger than Gilbralter. CTMike, stay with us on this - it will happen. (One gnawing question though - is our BOT up to the challenge?) I will never relent nor accept the current BS situation for my beloved Huskies. F..k them all!

Reaction Score
CTMike,

Do not despair, this BS will not stand. No one (including those padres of questionable ethics from Chestnut Hill) will ever convince me that UConn being shutout of the P-5 makes any f..king sense. UConn belongs in a P-5 conference as much or more than Bf..kingC, Syra...., Pitt, Rutgers and (OMG) Louisville. It will happen because this BS will not stand and UConn will enter a conference with a GodD ... chip on its shoulder bigger than Gilbralter. CTMike, stay with us on this - it will happen. (One gnawing question though - is our BOT up to the challenge?) I will never relent nor accept the current BS situation for my beloved Huskies. F..k them all!
in the back of my mind, i've always thought the powers that be are making sure Uconn doesn't get a free pass. I think there may be some resentment among the traditional powers that Uconn got a 'free' pass to a BCS conference without proving anything or having to work its way up the ladder. Somehow, Uconn's current situation is about making Uconn prove itself and its commitment to competing at the top level. That's the only way I can rationalize how every single thing that could go against Uconn has.

Reaction Score
Joy is gone from our hearts;
our dancing has turned to mourning.
The crown has fallen from our head.
Woe to us, for we have sinned!
Because of this our hearts are faint,
because of these things our eyes grow dim
for Mount Zion, which lies desolate,
with jackals prowling over it.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
in the back of my mind, i've always thought the powers that be are making sure Uconn doesn't get a free pass. I think there may be some resentment among the traditional powers that Uconn got a 'free' pass to a BCS conference without proving anything or having to work its way up the ladder. Somehow, Uconn's current situation is about making Uconn prove itself and its commitment to competing at the top level. That's the only way I can rationalize how every single thing that could go against Uconn has.

They aren't mad that we got to play at the top level. They're mad because we won at it...

(yes, BC, Pitt, and Syracuse...I'm looking at you...)

Reaction Score
Totally share the OP's sentiment....but never forget JC's words....our survival will always be "doable"

Reaction Score
I keep going back to the posts from "Uconn Money". In his last post he/she said something in latin that translated to
"he who laughs last, laughs best".

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Where a boyfriend and girlfriend are about to be separated from eachother for an unknown amount of time. And the boyfriend promises to return to the same beach, on a certain day, every year. And year after year the boyfriend keeps showing up even as the beach turns to . And we the viewers watch him age, hoping that his lost love will show up one year, all the while knowing that his girlfriend died 5o years ago. And then he dies.

That is how I feel about my visits to this board. Our Big East bretheren left us, but we thought we would meet up again and collectively promised to visit this board once per day. But we age, and the neighborhood has devolved into outsiders telling us why we have no worth, discussions about where PSU's new President came from, and Big East attendance analysis. And all the while, somewhere, Swofford, Delaney, and ESPN know we are fuc&ed.

So why do I come back? Because sometimes the goshdarn girl shows up at the end, that's why!

Life would be a lot more fun if you found yourself a real girl.

Reaction Score
I keep going back to the posts from "Uconn Money". In his last post he/she said something in latin that translated to
"he who laughs last, laughs best".

Are you thinking of another poster?

UConnMoney made one post:

Major (non-coaching) change happening to UConn this week
Discussion in 'Conference Realignment Board' started by UConnMoney, Nov 11, 2012.

BoT's supposedly being informed this week. Some high level donors have received hints, but are left to connect the dots.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/major-non-coaching-change-happening-to-uconn-this-week.27231/

This was right before Maryland announced they were leaving the ACC. People were assuming that UConn was going to the ACC. His post became a moot point once Louisville was invited.

Wish he would post some more. He obviously had inside information.

Reaction Score
Are you thinking of another poster?

UConnMoney made one post:

Major (non-coaching) change happening to UConn this week
Discussion in 'Conference Realignment Board' started by UConnMoney, Nov 11, 2012.

BoT's supposedly being informed this week. Some high level donors have received hints, but are left to connect the dots.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/major-non-coaching-change-happening-to-uconn-this-week.27231/

This was right before Maryland announced they were leaving the ACC. People were assuming that UConn was going to the ACC. His post became a moot point once Louisville was invited.

Wish he would post some more. He obviously had inside information.

If I remember correctly he/she came back right before the ACC GOR's and posted under a similar title "Uconn YENOM" or something like that. (money spelled backwards)

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
There was such a hint of optimism in those days.

Also - I feel like UConnInsider knows some things (popped up during the Diaco hiring process with some accurate intel). Maybe he/she can let us know if we should give up all hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom