Hassan Diarra Appreciation Thread | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This kid deserves as much appreciation as anyone on this roster. He set the tone as the first man off the bench. His shooting numbers are off the chart compared to the prior year. When Hurley mentioned how we needed some “dogs” to lead the pack he’s the first kid that comes to mind. Proud of the leader and teammate he’s become for this team.

Reaction Score
I had pretty much written him off as an offensively limited defensive stopper after last season. A valuable role player but nothing like he is now. Never been more happy to be wrong. His improvement has been unbelievable and he is a total killer that brings such an edge to the team.

Reaction Score
We have people (rightfully) asking who Hurley is on the phone to today for next year. The first thing he needs to do is make sure Hass and AK and Ball and Stewart and Slamson are staying put. Filling holes in a team is one thing. Building another from scratch is something else altogether.

Reaction Score
If Luke and Kimani are truly not leaving, keeping the rest of the “band” together shouldn’t be too tough.

Reaction Score
He's just a Queens NY junkyard dog. He represents us on the court. Thank you Hassan, hope you come back but no matter what you're a UConn hero.

Reaction Score
I love this kid as much as anybody but one thing that is pretty obvious to me is that having big, quick, quality guards really does give a team an advantage. 6'4", 6'5", and 6'6" is the prime reason Purdues vaunted 3 point attack never factored in last night. It's what they have done all season.

Reaction Score
early in the season, hurley said hassan might be our most important player. it shocked me at the time -- i was actually a pretty big hass skeptic last year -- but he has been incredible all year. basically able to sub in for our 1 - 4 without any fall-off.

the shot never stopped falling, either.

Reaction Score
Hassan missed what feels like less than 5 layups the entire season, he was money $$ if he got to the rim. And somehow he is BETTER defensively than offensively. Love that kid!

Reaction Score
I had pretty much written him off as an offensively limited defensive stopper after last season. A valuable role player but nothing like he is now. Never been more happy to be wrong. His improvement has been unbelievable and he is a total killer that brings such an edge to the team.
This was exactly how I felt! The kid just elevated his game to a level I never expected. Always had contributions at just the right time. I hope he's back!

Reaction Score
Hassan missed what feels like less than 5 layups the entire season, he was money $$ if he got to the rim. And somehow he is BETTER defensively than offensively. Love that kid!
His layup package is impressive; allows him to finish amongst taller players.

Reaction Score
What are Hassan’s chances in the NBA if he improves like he did this year. Could he have an Ollie type of career?

Reaction Score
I love this kid as much as anybody but one thing that is pretty obvious to me is that having big, quick, quality guards really does give a team an advantage. 6'4", 6'5", and 6'6" is the prime reason Purdues vaunted 3 point attack never factored in last night. It's what they have done all season.
Bingo I also agree on big guards. Somehow Bazz and Boat made us wrong lol but that was a magical combo. With Nowell being smaller and Ball being solid size I’d prefer a taller solid 6-5 or 6-4 ball handler, shooter and defender from the portal.

Reaction Score
Is he our starting point guard next year? Otherwise it’s tough for a freshman to execute this offense.
This. All the talk about Nowell starting or bringing in a PG transfer fails to take this into consideration. Yes, maybe Nowell or a transfer would be bigger or more talented, but it's more important that they be able to run our offense which Hass is already able to do. Plus he is a natural leader and that will be needed on the floor next year.

Reaction Score
Hassan was real good all year, on both ends of the court. It was like having a 6th starter.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
This picture kills me.

GKr-TXTbgAAQY5t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics