Has anybody started dreaming yet? Even just a little bit here and | The Boneyard

Has anybody started dreaming yet? Even just a little bit here and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
there. Wondering what the atmosphere at the FedEx Forum for the inaugural American Athletic Conference Tournament is going to be like? Heck it would have been interesting if Memphis was still playing at The Pyramid(see image) seating 20,100+ complete with a large statue of Ramesses The Great(in front) on the banks of the Mississippi; that was actually(according to Wikipedia) the sixth largest pyramid in the world(the statue is now on the Memphis campus and the building was being converted into a Bass Pro Shops "MegaStore". Yikes!!!)

PyramidArena.jpg

Anyway, back to hoops. Since it is the first go 'round for the league , I expect that there will be some things designed to make the event unique for the fans. Hopefully whatever happens will add to the quality of the basketball; and, not turn the event into some forgettable three ring circus. I am excited by the quality of the basketball being played by the Huskies as the season builds toward the tournament. Seven games left with a real opportunity, maybe not to run the table(at the very least Louisville in Louisville will be a very tough W to get) but, certainly to have a serious influence on regular season standings and to grab tournament hardware. If that were the case I'm definitely "all in" not only related to the AAC but the influence of a strong stretch run heading into The Dance.

Can this team, factoring in the growing and steady influence of Lasan and the steady growth of Amida and Philip Nolan, do a one-up on the wonderful(and,for me, totally unexpected) run of the 2011 team? I say unequivocally YES!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!
BEAT THE TIGERS!!!
555.jpg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
there. Wondering what the atmosphere at the FedEx Forum for the inaugural American Athletic Conference Tournament is going to be like? Heck it would have been interesting if Memphis was still playing at The Pyramid(see image) seating 20,100+ complete with a large statue of Ramesses The Great(in front) on the banks of the Mississippi; that was actually(according to Wikipedia) the sixth largest pyramid in the world(the statue is now on the Memphis campus and the building was being converted into a Bass Pro Shops "MegaStore". Yikes!!!)

PyramidArena.jpg

Anyway, back to hoops. Since it is the first go 'round for the league , I expect that there will be some things designed to make the event unique for the fans. Hopefully whatever happens will add to the quality of the basketball; and, not turn the event into some forgettable three ring circus. I am excited by the quality of the basketball being played by the Huskies as the season builds toward the tournament. Seven games left with a real opportunity, maybe not to run the table(at the very least Louisville in Louisville will be a very tough W to get) but, certainly to have a serious influence on regular season standings and to grab tournament hardware. If that were the case I'm definitely "all in" not only related to the AAC but the influence of a strong stretch run heading into The Dance.

Can this team, factoring in the growing and steady influence of Lasan and the steady growth of Amida and Philip Nolan, do a one-up on the wonderful(and,for me, totally unexpected) run of the 2011 team? I say unequivocally YES!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!
BEAT THE TIGERS!!!
555.jpg
I can't, I just can't read it. Looks inspirational though. Go huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Your cholesterol goes up just driving past Memphis. Go ribs and barbecue!

Reaction Score
Here's my meal plan for Memphis. You know you have to have ribs or southern fried and then cobbler and ice cream for dinner so I skip lunch and go with a late huge breakfast instead. They have places that serve plates of steaming hot fresh biscuits with honey with your breakfast. Just trying to keep the daily calories under 6000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom