Harvard | The Boneyard

Harvard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On to Harvard on Wednesday night at Gampel. We need a solid crowd there. Will students be there? I know school is still not in session yet. Obviously a must win game coming off 2 loses, and this will be one of the better teams we have played.

Harvard, who is 13-1, is currently No. 40 in the RPI. Their only loss was at Colorado, 72-60, a game that they led by 12 at the half. They haven't played anyone else great so far, but they have some solid wins. They beat BC by 15, they beat BU by 11 in overtime, and they beat a decent Green Bay team by 12.

They shoot 47% from the field, 74% from the line, and 36% from 3. They have 3 guys in double figures.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We better shape up real fast Harvard is no joke at all, they are legit.

Reaction Score
According to the Sagarin ratings, on a neutral court Harvard would be a two point favorite. At home Uconn should win by one. Should be a great game.

Reaction Score
Not long ago playing any New England team would almost be
a joke . We could name the score. Now what we are the 3rd or 4th best in NE. Man how times have changed.I get it , live in the present. We really as are not that far away, a couple of stud ass kicking big men away. Not yet with what we have but do think Brimah and Facey will give us something down the road. We should be all over some tough ass bigs.

Reaction Score
Kenpom has the predicted score at 68-66 UConn. Sagarin has it at a 2 pt favorite for UConn.

My own numbers have UConn as a 1.5 favorite. I took Houston and SMU as the numbers said they were the plays and if the line comes out Wednesday at larger than a 2 pt favorite for UConn well Harvard will be the sharp play.

This team will continue to struggle if they cant rebound and have zero low post presence. They are still a good team but not a top 20 team. They don't even get to the FT line a fair amount of the time, which would help the team and that really baffles me with the speed and quickness to go along with the new rules. Bazz, Boat and co should be getting to the charity strike a hell of a lot more than they do now. They rank 209 out of 351 in FT attempts/game. There is no reason they shouldn't be top 75

Reaction Score
123-1 vs non-league New England opponents? Throw that out the window. Lost our first two conference games for the first time since 89-90. Why not break this streak too?

Reaction Score
Also keep in mind that the IVY league is very competitive with a few pretty good teams this year. They are historically a 1 bid league as they have no conference tourney. If Harvard steals this victory, they need this more than UConn, they will have a chance at an automatic bid if they happen to not win the regular season title in the IVY.

Reaction Score
On to Harvard on Wednesday night at Gampel. We need a solid crowd there. Will students be there? I know school is still not in session yet. Obviously a must win game coming off 2 loses, and this will be one of the better teams we have played.

Harvard, who is 13-1, is currently No. 40 in the RPI. Their only loss was at Colorado, 72-60, a game that they led by 12 at the half. They haven't played anyone else great so far, but they have some solid wins. They beat BC by 15, they beat BU by 11 in overtime, and they beat a decent Green Bay team by 12.

They shoot 47% from the field, 74% from the line, and 36% from 3. They have 3 guys in double figures.
BC is the Rutgers of the ACC, so it doesn't count.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
BC is the Rutgers of the ACC, so it doesn't count.
....and we barely beat them by 2. If Boat doesn't make the biggest defensive play of our season, we very well could have ended up losing.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
If this teams down on them selves after back to back losses Harvard will come in and take this win.

Reaction Score
Not long ago playing any New England team would almost be
a joke . We could name the score. Now what we are the 3rd or 4th best in NE. Man how times have changed.I get it , live in the present. We really as are not that far away, a couple of stud ass kicking big men away. Not yet with what we have but do think Brimah and Facey will give us something down the road. We should be all over some tough ass bigs.

3rd or 4th? Huh?

Reaction Score
Didn't really mean that upstater. We are still tops in new england and that won't change no matter what happens this year. I believe in Ollie, patience and a learning curve. Harvard will be tough. Just miss those glory days right now after recent events.

Reaction Score
Also keep in mind that the IVY league is very competitive with a few pretty good teams this year. They are historically a 1 bid league as they have no conference tourney. If Harvard steals this victory, they need this more than UConn, they will have a chance at an automatic bid if they happen to not win the regular season title in the IVY.

*at large bid. auto bids go to the conf tourney winners.

Reaction Score
Seriously, that is what I was thinking. Who does donyell34 have as #1, 2 or 3 ahead of Uconn??
That came out wrong. Still king and a little down but we are not done by a longshot. Poor attempt at some humor. Still Umass- harvard and yes even PC are nipping at our heels right now. No doubt we will right the ship and believe in KO getting it done.

Reaction Score
Seriously, that is what I was thinking. Who does donyell34 have as #1, 2 or 3 ahead of Uconn??
I can't see three but at this point I would say that Harvard and Umass are ahead of Uconn.

caw

Reaction Score
123-1 vs non-league New England opponents? Throw that out the window. Lost our first two conference games for the first time since 89-90. Why not break this streak too?

89-90...hmmm

Reaction Score
That came out wrong guys, a little attempt at sarcasm and humor went awry . Still king of new england . Harvard with Amaker are the new darlings, umass having their best season in years and yes even PC . Their niping at our heels . I trust in KO . One or two big men away and that will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom