OT: - Hartford Courant subscription cancelation rate | The Boneyard

OT: Hartford Courant subscription cancelation rate

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Hey y'all - I was going thru my offseason subscriptions and was going to cancel the Courant for the summer, since I'm no longer a CT resident, and read it mostly for UConn sports stuff. It offered me a rate of $6.50 for 26 weeks. FYI.

Reaction Score
I've been offered that rate as well.
Not to worry it will go back up .... I started at about that rate years ago and as it kept creeping up I ended up with a Sunday only with digital upwards to 100.00 every 8 weeks which somehow was geting billed at six week intervals. After much back and forth I finally got it cancelled (you have to call to cancel and it takes forever to get them to actually cancel). And then 10 weeks later I got a bill from a collection company for cancellation fees they never billed me.

P.S. I have a subscription for the Wall Street Journal daily delivery with digital cheaper than what I was paying for the Courant Sunday Only + digital.

Reaction Score
Hey y'all - I was going thru my offseason subscriptions and was going to cancel the Courant for the summer, since I'm no longer a CT resident, and read it mostly for UConn sports stuff. It offered me a rate of $6.50 for 26 weeks. FYI.
Digital only? or paper every day?

Reaction Score
Mine is digital only (I no longer live in CT) and have gotten the $6.50 for 26 weeks rate for a couple of years.

Reaction Score
Not to worry it will go back up .... I started at about that rate years ago and as it kept creeping up I ended up with a Sunday only with digital upwards to 100.00 every 8 weeks which somehow was geting billed at six week intervals. After much back and forth I finally got it cancelled (you have to call to cancel and it takes forever to get them to actually cancel). And then 10 weeks later I got a bill from a collection company for cancellation fees they never billed me.

P.S. I have a subscription for the Wall Street Journal daily delivery with digital cheaper than what I was paying for the Courant Sunday Only + digital.
After many years of actual papers, we had to dump it. Getting papers late, if at all. Getting 3 days of papers at once, including the next day's paper. Crazy stuff. And yes, the price was going up every time.

Reaction Score
I have to call them periodically; the intro rate shoots up, so I call to cancel. Then they give me the cheaper rate. It's a stupid game, but one that-- apparently-- must be played.

Reaction Score
6.50 seems at that rate you would be over paying

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think I got $6.00 for a year, then $4.95 per week.

Reaction Score
Stopped getting the Courant about 10 years ago. Do Its shell of it’s former self

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I have to call them periodically; the intro rate shoots up, so I call to cancel. Then they give me the cheaper rate. It's a stupid game, but one that-- apparently-- must be played.
same, 6/month for about 150.00 total so like a dollar a day… worth it just for the Jumbles alone, 2 a day

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom