Harsh Yahoo stuff on Andre | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Harsh Yahoo stuff on Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One thing I don't understand - if Drummond is projected to be great 5-6 years down the road, why would a team draft him now? Don't you just wait until he becomes a free agent and let another team do the dirty work.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
One thing I don't understand - if Drummond is projected to be great 5-6 years down the road, why would a team draft him now? Don't you just wait until he becomes a free agent and let another team do the dirty work.

He becomes a restricted free agent before he becomes an unrestricted free agent. So if he shows some promise in the first couple years, you can lock him up for a while.

Reaction Score
l guess I need a little help with your point on Hibbert vs Drummond? My question to you is what was Roy rated going into Gtown vs Andre who was 1 or 2 out of HS? Add to that he stayed 4 years and turned himself into a nice player...imagine what Andre may have been if he stayed a couple more.....maybe?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Someone please save all the homer posts in the archives and resurrect it when Anthony Davis is a perennial all star and Andre is a bench big guy 5 years from now. Another case of homerism empowering the Internet poster to think they are smarter than those that are paid to evaluate. There is a sharp, again sharp contrast between Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond. The Kwame comparison isn't worth anyones time to even dissect.

P.S. Have you seen some of the big men in the NBA lately?

Reaction Score
Someone please save all the homer posts in the archives and resurrect it when Anthony Davis is a perennial all star and Andre is a bench big guy 5 years from now. Another case of homerism empowering the Internet poster to think they are smarter than those that are paid to evaluate. There is a sharp, again sharp contrast between Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond. The Kwame comparison isn't worth anyones time to even dissect.
Drummond's too athletic and big not to be starting 5 years from now. He'll need to develop, and probably would have been better served long term with another year or two of college, but he played on a completely dysfunctional team last year.

Besides, it's not like the guys that get paid don't make mistakes... Darko Milicic was drafted before Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade.

Kevin Durant went second overall.

Zach Randolph went 20th, after perennial all stars Kirk Haston and Steven Hunter.

Drummond's "offensive" game is perfect for the league. Pick and roll, or rely on guards penetrating and dishing. With his size and athleticism, the right point guard is going to get him 2-3 alley oops a night. If he develops a somewhat decent low post game, he'll be an occasional all star and carve out a 12-15 year career. There's no reason he can't be a 10/10 guy as a rookie with the right team.

If Jake Voskuhl (9 years) and Travis Knight (7 years) can last that long, Drummond will be fine.

Reaction Score

because you get the opportunity to see if he shows strides and try to lock him up to a discounted longer term deal before he becomes a free agent.

if you wait til he becomes a free agent and he's shown promise, with his upside we're talking about a Bynum type contract he'll be demanding (14-18 mil)

if Drummond is a legit 7 ft 275 lb guy (like they said he was), guys with that size and athleticism don't come around more than once a decade. you pay coaches and trainers to mold guys like that, its not like he is completely clueless. for comparison, Dwight Howard is 6'9 but listed at 6'11.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Right now, he's Nuke LaLouche. All the talent in the world with no idea on how to use it.

His FT% and lack of rebounding last year is hurting him even more than the lack of polished skills. I wouldn't take him unless I could afford to gamble with the pick.

Good for Andre is that his talent and potential overwhelm that of any other pick in the 7-10 range, except maybe Sullinger.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
In three years there will be a debate on this board. Drummond is a bust...no he isn't...yes he is...yada, yada, yada. Same with Lamb.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's all up to Andre. He has all the tools he needs now. He can run the floor, pass, rebound, defend. His main problem is that he's truly just a kid. If can just worry about basketball and forget about the rest for a few years he'll be fine. Hopefully Mom will be a help not a hindrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom