Happy Thanksgiving you Crazy Mother F'ers | The Boneyard

Happy Thanksgiving you Crazy Mother F'ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Yard is a crazy place filled with a bunch of lunatics who in the past four years have struggled to keep it together as this program has been driven into the ground.

That being said, we may be crazy but we're 'our crazy'. And for that I'm thankful. Happy Thanksgiving 'Yard.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Yard is a crazy place filled with a bunch of lunatics who in the past four years have struggled to keep it together as this program has been driven into the ground.

That being said, we may be crazy but we're 'our crazy'. And for that I'm thankful. Happy Thanksgiving 'Yard.
I'm thankful for side dishes and a handle of scotch that awaits me tomorrow (Oh yeah, my wife and son as well). Unless it's fried, the turkey typically comes out too dry. I'm hesitant to assume my brother is bringing the pot.

As for college football, it is still 3 days off. I'm not going to think about it much until then.

Reaction Score
I know you're not writing about me, I'm the normal one around here.

There is much to be thankful for, everytime every single one of us wakes up every day. I've seen sparkles in little kids eyes this morning, about snow falling and no school. Pure joy.

Happy Thanksgiving all. Turkey and Football - I love this country.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Well said Skibs! Happy Thanksgiving to you and all Yarders!

Reaction Score
Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Skibs! In a week where we're all beginning to question our sanity .... it was nice to see a thread about the important things in life.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

That's why the Boneyard is like my family, we're all crazy but we're "our crazy". Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

images

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Very thankful to have the Yard to share the pain of UConn football with; it's somehow validating to know that my crazy is not unique. Here's to hoping that in a couple of years we can be thankful for some UConn football success. And, oh, BTW, my wife and I were gifted with our second Granddaughter yesterday. It's already Thursday here and we are counting our blessings. I wish you all the same good fortune.

Reaction Score
very thankful for having out of state siblings & their families joining us at our table tomorrow. Hoping that the in state sisters perform their holiday magic in the baking department. Enjoy the bounty of tomorrow 'Yarders!

Reaction Score
Very thankful to have the Yard to share the pain of UConn football with; it's somehow validating to know that my crazy is not unique. Here's to hoping that in a couple of years we can be thankful for some UConn football success. And, oh, BTW, my wife and I were gifted with our second Granddaughter yesterday. It's already Thursday here and we are counting our blessings. I wish you all the same good fortune.

Congrats Seoulman.

Reaction Score
I'll be drinking to everyone's health - physical and mental. I hope this holiday finds you and your family happy and healthy.

Reaction Score
As we stop to reflect on all our blessings I'm reminded of two pearls of wisdom that have guided me through the years. Growing up, whenever I'd be dissapointed, my Grandfather would always remind me that, " The most important things in life....aren't things."
And game after game, after sitting frustrated in the cold for three quarters, my wife always leans over and repeats these perpetual words of wisdom and truth, "Can you believe Mike Cummings called a run on third and three!"
Happy Thanksgiving!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
My wife's family decided to postpone Thanksgiving until tomorrow due to the weather....still SMH at that one but who whatever! Now I can watch football all day without feeling the need to be social to the in-laws.

Happy Thanksgiving all and may we all be thankful for the things that matter in our lives!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My aunt (host) said she didnt know how the weather would affect TG. I told her if they came up for her son's wedding (my cousin got married the day after one of the huge storms in 2010), a couple inches aren't stopping anyone. Turns out we got a dusting.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Having thanksgiving today! My father spent the last week in the hospital so we decided as a family to have it today. the holidays are a huge part of my family and although this one is a little late it will still be just as important. 20 people packed into one room enjoying great food and even better company. I am thankful for so many things but one of those things towards the top of that list is a person from the boneyard that has helped make these last few months go by a little bit easier, you know who you are and I am forever grateful. When I first found the boneyard I was excited to finally find a group of people who were as passionate about uconn as I am and even though I have gotten into heated debates with a few of you I know it is only the result of the passion that we all have for this school. I can honestly say I am excited to log in everyday and see what everyone thinks, be it on tailgate tips or bob diacos sick flow he was sporting this weekend. What I do know is on this day were we take stock of things that we are thankful for all you knuckleheads or on my list. So now I'm off to help cook, drink some long over due golden sodas and later on cheer on our boys against Memphis. Who knows maybe we can play spoiler again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom