Happy New Year Gang of Mine | The Boneyard

Happy New Year Gang of Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Let old acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind...Hogwash, the dictionary may define so many of us as but acqauintances, yet here, on the Boneyard, we are brother and sisters, family all. Families fight, cuss and wrangle, but still we are family. I look forward to so much more fighting, cussing, wrangling and reveling in the greatness that is UConn WCBB with all of you. You folks pulled me through one heck of a year. God (or the nondivinity, nullness or demon of your choice) Bless!

Reaction Score
Yep, life-threatening affliction and all, I'm still here and feeling terrific.

I'm thankful to be able to wish everyone on this board a happy 2015. To say the least.

Oh, and go Huskies!!!!
As my Doctor says, if you want to improve your will to live, become a UConn basketball fan and join The Boneyard. The stubborn desire to see how the Huskies come out is a strong motivator to keep going.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Bestiarius said:
As my Doctor says, if you want to improve your will to live, become a UConn basketball fan and join The Boneyard. The stubborn desire to see how the Huskies come out is a strong motivator to keep going.
yep- I can't link it because I'm on my phone, but as I said in a thread entitled "Everything I'm feeling right now", UConn WBB has been like medicine to me...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Happy New Year one and all. 20 minutes to midnight in the cold, clear Rockies. Going to sign off, wake up the Misses and plant one on her. If I'm not around tomorrow you'll know why!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I can't think of a greater group of cockeyed optimists to hang around with!

I have heard people rant and rave and bellow
That we're done and we might as well be dead,
But I'm only a cockeyed optimist
And I can't get it into my head.

I could say life is just a bowl of Jello
And appear more intelligent and smart,
But I'm stuck like a dope
With a thing called hope,
And I can't get it out of my heart!
Not this heart...

JS

Reaction Score
The year may be new . . .
but the best is still blue!!

images

Reaction Score
"There are two great plays. "South Pacific and Get The ball In The Basket." Geno Auriemma.

Happy New Year

Reaction Score
Happy New Year one and all. 20 minutes to midnight in the cold, clear Rockies. Going to sign off, wake up the Misses and plant one on her. If I'm not around tomorrow you'll know why!

Well.... are you still here??????????:)

Reaction Score
Lots to be thankful for and lots to look forward to. What could be better?

Reaction Score
Forgot to add a couple of other things to my previous Happy New Year post.

It seems to me that 2014 hit the Boneyard pretty hard. I believe we lost one or two members and I know for a fact a bunch more suffered serious ailments, or had close relatives who did. Still others experienced a variety of hardships. Some of this is just because we are all getting older, and this kind of stuff happens. But still, it all gave me pause.

I was lucky in the past year, when I crossed 65 -- health is holding up so far, still employed and can at least think about retirement in a year. But my point is this: Isn't it wonderful that we have this kind of outlet where we can share joys and sorrows while a the same time talking with other people who are just as fanatical about a game and team? I don't really "know" those folks who died or were ill -- given how far away from the epicenter I live, I don't think I've ever laid eyes on an actual BYer -- but in a sense, I know them a little. We all do. We all shared in their troubles, just as we share in the accomplishments of children, grandchildren and yes, the occasional BYer who actually accomplishes something.

So, to wind this up, let's all hope for a happier and healthier 2015 for us all. And thanks to everyone on the board for being here for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom