Hana Muhl to Manhattan College

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
9550E088-9524-4C1F-AE5F-C8842855B091.jpeg

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Is this a downward, upward, or lateral transfer?
I would think it would be down. Recall that Ball State beat Tennessee in the NCAAT during one of Pat Summitt's latter years.

But it might well be a good situation for her basketball-wise. And who knows about after-college contacts.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly she looked pretty darn good against us.
Sibling rivalry. Although Ball State had a pretty good year, Hana did not. Manhattan does not seem like a better program, but perhaps more playing time?

Reaction Score
Is this a downward, upward, or lateral transfer?
Ball State plays in the MAC (The Mid-American Conference) and this year the team NET ranking was 76. Manhattan plays in the MAAC (The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) and this year the team NET ranking was 243

Reaction Score
Unlike her sister, Hana isn't going to be making a living playing basketball. But she's good enough to get a scholarship to play ball. I suspect that in her off time there is more to do in NYC than in Muncie, Indiana.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Now if the Liberty pick Nika at 11.........

Frank Sinatra Start Spreading The News GIF by Eternal Family

Not a bad team, 18-11 last year. In the same league as Fairfield, the MAAC. Their team has a very international flavor, including two other players from Croatia who appear to be sisters.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
When I saw this, I thought Hana probably wanted to be on the East Coast, in a larger city, different sort of college (small Roman Catholic vs large-ish public), or something like that.

If it works for her, good move.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly she looked pretty darn good against us.
Yes, she outscored BIG SISTER... But I recall one particular play with Ash
hitting a nice intermediate jumper over Hana. I suspect Hana will get more
playing time with the Jaspers. BEST WISHES to the baby Muhl!

Reaction Score
I wonder if Hana knows Manhattan College’s athletic teams are called the Jaspers. The teams nickname comes from Brother Jasper who brought the little known sport of baseball to Manhattan College in the late 1800’s and is said that he started the tradition of the seventh inning stretch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Joric

Not a bad team, 18-11 last year. In the same league as Fairfield, the MAAC. Their team has a very international flavor, including two other players from Croatia who appear to be sisters.
Not sure if Hana's two new Croatian teammates are relatives but they do have the same last name. Petra Juric is from Zagreb and is I believe a rising senior. It looks like she played on the same club team as Hana and Nika as well as a number of junior national teams - so, atleast in her case it may be a reunion for Hana with a pst teammate. Kristina Juric is a rising Sophomore and maybe was well.

Reaction Score
Can't be an upward move. Ball State is a real university and Manhattan College is, I don't know what. Doesn't mean it's not a good move for Hanna. She gets to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

Reaction Score
Unlike her sister, Hana isn't going to be making a living playing basketball. But she's good enough to get a scholarship to play ball. I suspect that in her off time there is more to do in NYC than in Muncie, Indiana.
Yeah, this. For the vast majority of human beings, pro ball isn't an option, and the smart athletes use their scholarships to advance their non-basketball lives. There's a lot of living to do after college, and if being around NYC helps her develop her interests and possibilities, then it's a huge upward move.

Reaction Score

At Manhattan College, the two current Croatian players are Petra Juric 6'2' (birth 4/18/2002) and a freshman Kristina
Juric 6' 2". Petra is clearly the better player. They appear to be unrelated coming from different hometowns and different "gymnasiums."
The Jaspers' Roster is rather multinational with last year's team having a number of graduate students and a
"fifth year". The Jaspers were # 4 in the MAAC (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), 11-9 in their conference and
18 -12 overall. Hana should get some good playing time and connect or reconnect with potential future
Croatian league players. PETRA JURIC had pretty good BB credentials in Croatia prior to coming to the USA.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I wonder if Hana knows Manhattan College’s athletic teams are called the Jaspers. The teams nickname comes from Brother Jasper who brought the little known sport of baseball to Manhattan College in the late 1800’s and is said that he started the tradition of the seventh inning stretch.
That's pretty cool.

Right up there with "the wave", I would say even better.

Not as good as inventing standing in line, though.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Can't be an upward move. Ball State is a real university and Manhattan College is, I don't know what. Doesn't mean it's not a good move for Hanna. She gets to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond.
The UConn men used to play Manhattan just about every year before they joined the Big East.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom