Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 142 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Time to lock this thread and let it sink down below the bottom of the page. I trust that all you guys didn't post anything embarrassing in here?

Reaction Score
@BUConn10 I don't get the animosity towards Oz. While I agree that he looked silly waiting until the kid was at the table to flip, he's pretty clearly the most plugged in source within the program.

Nothing in recruiting is ever a lock until an LOI is signed. But it's pretty clear that this kid gave us a silent verbal a while ago and was pulled away by the most dominant recruiting cartel going at the last second. It happens.

Reaction Score
Just like he's going to UConn?
I never thought he was going to Uconn.

My number one priority since last year as far as recruiting was Makai Ashton-Langford.

We wrapped him up.

He's the guy.

Guy is awesome!!

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Kid is a follower. I hope his career is a disaster. It's not that he chose Kentucky. It's the stringing along that is the worst offense. The team will be fun to watch next yr. Would have been even more fun with him. Oh well. NEXT!!
Can we at least try to put the press on Bamba now?

Reaction Score
Heard the staff only found out a final no about 2 hours ago. Did not want it to leak

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
@BUConn10 I don't get the animosity towards Oz. While I agree that he looked silly waiting until the kid was at the table to flip, he's pretty clearly the most plugged in source within the program.

Nothing in recruiting is ever a lock until an LOI is signed. But it's pretty clear that this kid gave us a silent verbal a while ago and was pulled away by the most dominant recruiting cartel going at the last second. It happens.
Being a little ticked off seems justified in both scenarios you presented it seems.

Reaction Score
I don't even want to hear his comments on our team. He should never say Uconn ever again. I have never gotten like this, but I have never seen a player around a potential team so much and then on them like this. And off topic a little here, but I really do like our team ALOT next year.

Reaction Score
When you have the opportunity to turn pro and still play in college, you do it, that's all.

Reaction Score

No animosity to Oz but nobody forced the kid to pull away from UConn, that's on Diallo....Cal just being his slimy self....Diallo was obviously never committed at all to UConn....which is fine.

Reaction Score
That's another thing. Whenever anyone brought up UConn, Diallo would kind of brush it off with non-statements and indifference.

The pollyannas thought he was just being coy and toying with the other coaches.

No, it's our coach who got played.

Reaction Score
No animosity to Oz but nobody forced the kid to pull away from UConn, that's on Diallo....Cal just being his slimy self....Diallo was obviously never committed at all to UConn....which is fine.

Well obviously Cal didn't waterboard him until he committed, but you get what I'm saying. Diallo won't be the first nor the last to be snatched up by that guy.

It's not that anybody ever thought he was a 'lock' per say so much as it was a marathon that UConn seemed to lead for 26.1 miles. That's why I caution the people who criticize the recruiting guys for being "wrong." Sometimes in this business you're never more wrong than you are when you are actually right. Minds change. I'm not even trying to defend them (I have no connection to Oz), it's just the way this goes sometimes.

Reaction Score
I heard we had it locked down a couple of times before and after our visit. Kentucky just sold it and cow has that record bringing kids to the NBA. And he wants to go to the NBA soon

Reaction Score

In all honesty, is there 1 basketball reason for him to choose us over Kentucky? The only pull we had was his familiarity/proximity and that his friend was on the team. That's it. As a basketball program, 2017 Kentucky is miles ahead of us. The kid has the potential to be a multi-millionaire/NBA all-star. If I was in his shoes, I would have picked UK too.

Reaction Score
I heard we had it locked down a couple of times before and after our visit. Kentucky just sold it and cow has that record bringing kids to the NBA. And he wants to go to the NBA soon
So you don't even think he'll ever play a college game?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

that's some cow

Reaction Score

Squid's tiresome recruiting pitch wins again.

Almost always when this kind of stuff comes up, I shrug it off and say "Kid has to do what's best for him" or talk about nobody actually "playing for the laundry."

But man, I think it's the combination of the post-grad plus intentionally sitting out a whole semester unforced plus his real genuine connection to the guys on this team that makes it all feel so mercenary. He literally made the choice solely, 100% for money. Every single other factor was in our favor.

And in my opinion (because this can't be proven) the advantage gained from going to UK instead of UConn is not enough to justify breaking those bonds. Just feels bad, man. Especially after what a year for UConn athletics this has been.

Reactions: pj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01