Griner turns down national team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Griner turns down national team

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think Baylor is just keeping her out of the OLY's because they don't want her to get hurt. She played every single game this year for Baylor......shoot, she hasn't missed a GAME for Baylor yet and her momma still been sick all this time.....why didn't she miss any BU games then? Forgive me if i come off as inconsiderate, I'm just saying tho.

This may come as a surprise to you, but illnesses have a tendency to progress and get worse, which could be the case in this situation. For you it will probably take her mother's death for you to be convinced.

Hopefully justML is saying a prayer for you.

Reaction Score
I think Baylor is just keeping her out of the OLY's because they don't want her to get hurt. She played every single game this year for Baylor......shoot, she hasn't missed a GAME for Baylor yet and her momma still been sick all this time.....why didn't she miss any BU games then? Forgive me if i come off as inconsiderate, I'm just saying tho.

Rebecca Lobo didn't miss any games while her mother battled breast cancer either. The family lived in Mass. at the time, I believe, so except when traveling Rebecca was close to home.

Brit traveling to London would be a whole different story.

And this is a rhetorical question but - who would lie about such a thing????

Reaction Score
This may come as a surprise to you, but illnesses have a tendency to progress and get worse, which could be the case in this situation. For you it will probably take her mother's death for you to be convinced.

Hopefully justML is saying a prayer for you.

She didn't play in the McDonald's game either. I'm just saying. Her mother BEEN sick for YEARS now....why didn't she miss any BU road games then if it were that serious? Shoot, Pat Summit been sick two years & still managed to coach a basketball team. Just saying tho.

P.S.
Don't knock my religion talkin about prayer. It should never get that serious. but I wouldn't be where I am without prayer so please send one up to the big fella for me :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She didn't play in the McDonald's game either. I'm just saying. Her mother BEEN sick for YEARS now....why didn't she miss any BU road games then if it were that serious? Shoot, Pat Summit been sick two years & still managed to coach a basketball team. Just saying tho.

P.S.
Don't knock my religion talkin about prayer. It should never get that serious. but I wouldn't be where I am without prayer so please send one up to the big fella for me :)

Did I knock your "religion?" I don't see any mention of your religion in my post.

And tell me where it was stated that BG missed the McDonald's game because her mother was sick. Was she afraid that the McDonald's organizers were going to giver her a gender test? Give me a break. Your arguments contain no merit at any point.

Reaction Score
Did I knock your "religion?" I don't see any mention of your religion in my post.

And tell me where it was stated that BG missed the McDonald's game because her mother was sick. Was she afraid that the McDonald's organizers were going to giver her a gender test? Give me a break. Your arguments contain no merit at any point.

You're right, I am infact, meritless. But you're a "Baylor aficionado" so of course you're gonna feel a type of way about anybody over there. but we digress. right?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I typically find that those who spew this "gender" venom are ignorant and uneducated. I'm not saying that you are either ,but we digress, right?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
You're right, I am infact, meritless. But you're a "Baylor aficionado" so of course you're gonna feel a type of way about anybody over there. but we digress. right?

Allow me to say that I found no merit in your original post - I felt it was hugely unkind. We don't know that nature of her mom's illness, as such we don't know if her illnesses is worsening - illnesses do progress unfortunately, and finally some kids just want to spend time with their mom.

As to her playing every game at Baylor, Waco is a bit closer to Houston than London is to Houston.

Speculation is hurtful, especially unfounded speculation.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Disagree- the leaps and bounds by which Griner would have had the opportunity to improve more than justifies the risk of injury. In fact, from a strictly selfish, UConn-focused perspective, I'm glad she's not going for this very reason.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The discussion of BG's gender may be a very good opportunity to take a look at how the IOC is attempting to deal with a very difficult issue and also to educate ourselves about DSD (Disorders of Sex Development). I am not saying that this applies to BG, nor am I not saying that it does not. Obviously, BG exhibits characteristics of a person with DSD, and that is not to say that she falls into the category. But as another poster pointed out to me in a PM, the gender question is going to continue to impact BG and how it is dealt is probably more important than the issue itself.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1963484_1963490_1963333,00.html

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

Yes, you do come off as inconsiderate and unkind and cold.

Why would Baylor keep her out of the Olympics? She is their biggest star and a recruiting dream for them. It would only get Baylor's name out there even more.

If her mother is sick, and everyone has heard how close she is to her family, why would anyone doubt her choice?

These are kids, playing basketball, which is a GAME. Family is way more important, particularly during tough times for your mother or father.

I am sure that BG would have loved to have played in the Olympics. And I hope she will get to do so in 2016.

And I live in hope that you will think before you hit send on future coldhearted commentary.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
i think the defense needs to get better for the team, so i'm saying either Jones or Brunson. They have enough scoring for sure.

I hate that griner can't be there, but i think it would be extremely sad if Griner's mother died while she was away most of the summer playing for Team USA. I couldn't imagine going through that as a 21 year old in college, i would be so devasted and regret so much.

I'm sure she knows that she has other olympic teams to play on, but only one mother. My grandmother died when i was away in college, and i was devastated by not being there to see her and it stands as one of my regrets of my life. I can't imagine if that was my mother, i wouldn't even question being home to be with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom