Grief Resolution and Counseling Available for Next UCONN LOSS | The Boneyard

Grief Resolution and Counseling Available for Next UCONN LOSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know that many UCONN fans do not fully understand the meaning of LOOSING. At first, shock will set in - then, complete mental breakdown. How could they Loose? How can the best Coach directing a lineup of AA caliber players LOOSE?

Unfortunately, when a fast moving object attempts to reach the speed of light its mass becomes too large, requiring massive amounts of energy just to increase its speed a few MM/sec.

UCONN is trying to go faster and faster. However, UCONN is now at that spot where its mass is becoming excessive and its ability to increase speed further will require an extraordinary amount of power.

So, speaking, within the laws that govern this universe - UCONN will loose in the very near future. Then it can recharge and start all over again with another run.

So, if you find that your world has been torn asunder by a UCONN loss in the near future, I am here to share your sorrow and will do everything I can to restore you to a normal UCONN “we never loose” fan. Don’t give up, and, please, don’t consider Suicide - it’s just a game.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Preview

Reaction Score
I can still see that 3 dropping in at the Stanford game. What is an old fart going to do? Look to Geno for guidance I guess.

JS

Reaction Score
I am not familiar with the meaning of the word "loose" when used as a verb.
You haven't been around long enough. Such usage is not unprecedented on the Boneyard and indeed was common enough at times (on the part of certain serial perpetrators) to attract the attention of the site's literati.

The recent surprise return of the Poet Lariat inspired a search of the archives for his enlightening doggerel on this subject.

The absolutely final word on loose and lose, by the Poet Lariat

Too loose a plan can trip you up, and, likewise, two loose shoes.
To loose his wrath upon his friends a gentleman eschews.
A bigamist might marry with two Nancys or two Lous
If you had two loos in England, you might not know which to use.
Tool use is for mechanics and brush use for Toulouse
In the tourney semifinals, we always see two lose.
Too, lose your concentration and you may find that you get
Reductio ad absurdum, by the Poet Lariat!

Reaction Score
I was at that Stanford game 2 years ago. I periodically watch that game to remember what losing feels like. If MoJeff had not left Amber Orrange with a few seconds to go to double team the ball we might well be looking at a 132 game winning streak. Imagine how insufferable BY'ers would be then.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You haven't been around long enough. Such usage is not unprecedented on the Boneyard and indeed was common enough at times (on the part of certain serial perpetrators) to attract the attention of the site's literati.

The recent surprise return of the Poet Lariat inspired a search of the archives for his enlightening
doggerel on this subject.

The absolutely final word on loose and lose, by the Poet Lariat

Too loose a plan can trip you up, and, likewise, two loose shoes.
To loose his wrath upon his friends a gentleman eschews.
A bigamist might marry with two Nancys or two Lous
If you had two loos in England, you might not know which to use.
Tool use is for mechanics and brush use for Toulouse
In the tourney semifinals, we always see two lose.
Too, lose your concentration and you may find that you get
Reductio ad absurdum, by the Poet Lariat!

I should have been more precise: I am not familiar with the meaning of the word "loose" when used as an intransitive verb.

Reaction Score
Is this thread a speculation?

speculation: the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I know that many UCONN fans do not fully understand the meaning of LOOSING. At first, shock will set in - then, complete mental breakdown. How could they Loose? How can the best Coach directing a lineup of AA caliber players LOOSE?
For those who don't understand the meaning of "loose" :

loose
lo͞os/
adjective
adjective: loose; comparative adjective: looser; superlative adjective: loosest
  1. 1.
    not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached.
    "a loose tooth"
    synonyms: not fixed in place, not secure, unsecured, unattached; More
    detached, unfastened, untied;
    wobbly, unsteady, movable
    "a loose floorboard"
    antonyms: secure, tight
    • not held or tied together; not packaged or placed in a container.
      "wear your hair loose"
      synonyms: untied, unpinned, unbound, hanging free, down, flowing
      "she wore her hair loose"
    • (of a person or animal) free from confinement; not bound or tethered.
      "the bull was loose with cattle in the field"
      synonyms: free, at large, at liberty, on the loose, escaped; More
      unconfined, untied, unchained, untethered, stray
      "there's a wolf loose"
      antonyms: secure
    • not strict or exact.
      "a loose interpretation"
      synonyms: vague, indefinite, inexact, imprecise, approximate; More
      broad, general, rough;
      liberal;
      informalballpark
      "a loose interpretation"
      antonyms: literal, narrow
    • not close or compact in structure.
      "a loose weave"
    • typical of diarrhea.
      "many patients report loose bowel movements"
  2. 2.
    (of a garment) not fitting tightly or closely.
    "she slipped into a loose T-shirt and shorts"
    synonyms: baggy, generously cut, slack, roomy; More
    oversized, shapeless, sagging, saggy, sloppy;
    unwaisted
    "a loose jacket"
    antonyms: tight, form-fitting
  3. 3.
    relaxed; physically slack.
    "she swung back into her easy, loose stride"
verb
verb: loose; 3rd person present: looses; past tense: loosed; past participle: loosed; gerund or present participle: loosing
  1. 1.
    set free; release.
    "the hounds have been loosed"
    synonyms: free, set free, unloose, turn loose, set loose, let loose, let go, release; More
    untie, unchain, unfasten, unleash
    "loose the dogs"
    antonyms: confine

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-14_23-28-6.png
    upload_2016-12-14_23-28-6.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 32

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I thought the opening post was redolent with irony and tongue in cheek humor. Just sayin...
It's difficult to glean irony from a poster with 26 posts. We don't know this person yet. Besides, it's the Boneyard; the reactions are inevitable, not matter the intent of the OP.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I made no judgment, just said what I thought Nan. Posters should post away, that is the point of this website.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I made no judgment, just said what I thought Nan. Posters should post away, that is the point of this website.

Just for (my own I guess)fun , I thought I would reply to my attempted(blackened) ironic words.

" Irony is a figure of speech in which words are used in such a way that their intended meaning is different from the actual meaning of the words."

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Hmm.
Should a faulty camera be called a loose Canon?
Could an order to surrender be called a lose canon?​

:eek::oops::rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Unfortunately, when a fast moving object attempts to reach the speed of light its mass becomes too large, requiring massive amounts of energy just to increase its speed a few MM/sec.

UCONN is trying to go faster and faster. However, UCONN is now at that spot where its mass is becoming excessive and its ability to increase speed further will require an extraordinary amount of power.

So, speaking, within the laws that govern this universe - UCONN will loose in the very near future. Then it can recharge and start all over again with another run.

So, if you find that your world has been torn asunder by a UCONN loss in the near future, I am here to share your sorrow and will do everything I can to restore you to a normal UCONN “we never loose” fan. Don’t give up, and, please, don’t consider Suicide - it’s just a game.

Einsteins theory aside, works well for particles, but in the UConn Universe that law does not apply. Geno has set a speed. That speed is dictated by the energy of his opponents so it usually is much less than the speed of light.
The truth is every thing must end--unfortunate --but the laws of nature prevail. Uconn shall lose, whether soon or much later matters little except for records in books that few shall read 100 years from now.\
Speaking only for myself, and expressing an opinion--few facts--if the streak is to end with Ohio or with the Huskers or MD---this group of kids have so far exceeded the expectation of many (if not all)--I'll just ride to the end in the light of their glory. However one or two losses is NOT the END --and I still expect them be in the final 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom