Georgios Papagiannis (No College - Playing Pro Overseas) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Georgios Papagiannis (No College - Playing Pro Overseas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
oregon is the favorite? dorsey and this kid makes an awesome class. Both impact players immediately.
Imagine if they weren't Kasongoed.

Reaction Score
oregon is the favorite? dorsey and this kid makes an awesome class. Both impact players immediately.

See all this focus on getting an "ace recruiter" on the staff is misplaced. What we really need is for one of us lazy jokers to start a multi-zillion dollar shoe and/or athletic apparel company. Somebody get on that.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Travis Knight didn't do much during his frosh/soph years, and then blossomed into a reliable post presence, which he parlayed into an NBA career which was very successful early on, and monetarily successful for him long term when Ainge gave him the seven year deal. Hopefully we will see at least the same if not better from Brimah during his junior/senior seasons.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Travis Knight didn't do much during his frosh/soph years, and then blossomed into a reliable post presence, which he parlayed into an NBA career which was very successful early on, and monetarily successful for him long term when Ainge gave him the seven year deal. Hopefully we will see at least the same if not better from Brimah during his junior/senior seasons.

I recognize that it's very popular to denigrate Brimah on here, but I think that comparing his sophomore year to Travis Knight's is a little bit much.

Reaction Score

That was not Ainge it was Rick Pitino who gave Travis the $$$$. Travis as a player in the NBA was much better suited as the solid back up to Shaq but financially took advantage of his success doing just that. And Rick fell hard and dropped the money bag. Great for Travis, always liked him!

Reaction Score
I recognize that it's very popular to denigrate Brimah on here, but I think that comparing his sophomore year to Travis Knight's is a little bit much.

Travis didn't block as many shots but he was better in almost every other category at that point and he knew how to play the game. We can only hope AB becomes as smart on the court as Travis as he will then lend himself as a really good college center and NBA prospect.

Reaction Score
Travis didn't block as many shots but he was better in almost every other category at that point and he knew how to play the game. We can only hope AB becomes as smart on the court as Travis as he will then lend himself as a really good college center and NBA prospect.

1000% wrong. Knight was a trainwreck as a sophomore, averaging just over 8 points and nearly 8 fouls per 40 minutes. He was a better rebounder than Knight, but his offense was WAY further along, he blocked a lot more shots, and he fouled just over half as often.

Reaction Score
Have we gotten official confirmation that Amida Brimah isn't going to the NBA? I know that his guardian said he wasn't considering it, but Brimah is still showing up on some lists indicating he hasn't officially announced yet. And this tweet, too:

I remember, very clearly, before Brimah even got here, reading that he fully intends on graduating and getting his degree. He comes from a very esteemed and educated family.

Reaction Score
I remember, very clearly, before Brimah even got here, reading that he fully intends on graduating and getting his degree. He comes from a very esteemed and educated family.

That may be the case, but there's no rule that says a guy can't come back for his degree later.

Reaction Score
1000% wrong. Knight was a trainwreck as a sophomore, averaging just over 8 points and nearly 8 fouls per 40 minutes. He was a better rebounder than Knight, but his offense was WAY further along, he blocked a lot more shots, and he fouled just over half as often.

1000% NOT.......I watched Travis. Besides blocking shots, alley oops he understood the game better and was pretty much better or as good in every other way. Disagree completely. If Amida is as solid as Travis was his senior year I will be happy.

Reaction Score
That may be the case, but there's no rule that says a guy can't come back for his degree later.
Half the point is that a kid that education-oriented and who has that level a head on his shoulders would probably be able to weigh factors and understand that the NBA is a dumb decision at this point in his maturity.

Reaction Score
1000% NOT..I watched Travis. Besides blocking shots, alley oops he understood the game better and was pretty much better or as good in every other way. Disagree completely. If Amida is as solid as Travis was his senior year I will be happy.

Your drunken remembrances of the mid-90s don't jive with the actual facts here. Let's take a look at their stats from their respective sophomore years, and I'll use per40 numbers because Travis only played 12mpg.

Knight: 8.3 points, 9.9 rebounds, 3.3 blocks, 7.9 fouls, 2.2 turnovers, 44% shooting
Brimah: 13.9 points, 6.7 rebounds, 5.3 blocks, 4.3 fouls, 1.6 turnovers, 67% shooting

Knight was a better rebounder, but Brimah was magnitudes better in every other aspect of the game. Knight's "understanding of the game" certainly didn't translate into fewer mistakes or better play.

Reaction Score
1000% NOT..I watched Travis. Besides blocking shots, alley oops he understood the game better and was pretty much better or as good in every other way. Disagree completely. If Amida is as solid as Travis was his senior year I will be happy.

Travis was incredibly underrated as a player. Averaged 9 and 9 back to back years on loaded teams as the fourth or fifth option. Using soph year numbers to compare Amida and Travis is very misleading. For one, Travis's job was essentially to give fouls. The theory was that Travis and the Big E had 10 fouls to give and they should use all of them. Offensively, soph year Travis was the fifth option and basically just took jump shots as we didn't post up at all in those days, at least w/ the 5 man. A better comp will be the per40 junior years. Pure skill, Travis was a better player.

Reaction Score
Your drunken remembrances of the mid-90s don't jive with the actual facts here. Let's take a look at their stats from their respective sophomore years, and I'll use per40 numbers because Travis only played 12mpg.

Knight: 8.3 points, 9.9 rebounds, 3.3 blocks, 7.9 fouls, 2.2 turnovers, 44% shooting
Brimah: 13.9 points, 6.7 rebounds, 5.3 blocks, 4.3 fouls, 1.6 turnovers, 67% shooting

Knight was a better rebounder, but Brimah was magnitudes better in every other aspect of the game. Knight's "understanding of the game" certainly didn't translate into fewer mistakes or better play.

Come on they clearly meant he was white, that leads to a much fuller "understanding of the game"... sorry but the comments definitely smelled of simple race assumptions not backed up by stats, so its nice to see the stats laid down and the argument to rest

Reaction Score
Come on they clearly meant he was white, that leads to a much fuller "understanding of the game"... sorry but the comments definitely smelled of simple race assumptions not backed up by stats, so its nice to see the stats laid down and the argument to rest

Assholic comment I hope with sarcasm otherwise you not knowing me makes you the racist my friend!

Reaction Score

You and your per 40 who cares?

Travis was better in many ways and AB has a ways to go to be as good overall. Simple Bruce, really simple! Doesn't mean he won't and doesn't mean he isn't an impact. But as others know Travis played on a team where his numbers weren't going to be huge but instead steady in impact. Totally underrated and reliable!

And by the way in the 90's you couldn't get me drunk!;) And if I was drunk you were cocked out of you ghord. No one with any idea of basketball would say Amida was "magnitudes" better in anything but blocked shots, NOTHING.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You and your per 40 who cares?

Travis was better in many ways and AB has a ways to go to be as good overall. Simple Bruce, really simple! Doesn't mean he won't and doesn't mean he isn't an impact. But as others know Travis played on a team where his numbers weren't going to be huge but instead steady in impact. Totally underrated and reliable!

And by the way in the 90's you couldn't get me drunk!;)

You're just seeing what you want to see, Mau...you're pissed that he doesn't rebound well and you choose to ignore everything else he has going for him. Brimah is raw and not yet a finished product, but he's much further along than a guy who averaged less than 3 points a game.

Reaction Score
You're just seeing what you want to see, Mau...you're pissed that he doesn't rebound well and you choose to ignore everything else he has going for him. Brimah is raw and not yet a finished product, but he's much further along than a guy who averaged less than 3 points a game.

That's not the argument here now is it Stairmaster? It's TKnight vs Brimah. Get it straight I am comparing 2 Huskies. This has to have something to do with the fact he doesn't rebound because he's not as good as Travis was, butt he whole game is what I'm looking at. If Amida understood the game (ooooopps racist alert LOL) as well as Travis did he'd be much better than Travis I do believe that. Maybe he gets there, I hope so. I am rooting for the kid but for now, these are the facts. Anyone else is in denial!

Reaction Score

You know who has a tremendous "UNDERSTANDING" of the game? Daniel Hamilton..........racist?

Sick of that word being tossed around here like people know - people can be real idiots!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Brimah, as a freshman with 4 or 5 years of playing experience, helped us win a national championship. His expectations were otherworldly last year.

But man, we gotta remember the kid is only going to be a junior.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
That's not the argument here now is it Stairmaster? It's TKnight vs Brimah. Get it straight I am comparing 2 Huskies. This has to have something to do with the fact he doesn't rebound because he's not as good as Travis was, butt he whole game is what I'm looking at. If Amida understood the game (ooooopps racist alert LOL) as well as Travis did he'd be much better than Travis I do believe that. Maybe he gets there, I hope so. I am rooting for the kid but for now, these are the facts. Anyone else is in denial!

You're comparing sophomore Brimah with sophomore Travis. I realize that this board won't be happy with Brimah unless he turns into the next Olajuwon, but I didn't see sophomore Knight winning conference DPOY or finishing 2nd in the country in blocked shots.

Reaction Score
You're comparing sophomore Brimah with sophomore Travis. I realize that this board won't be happy with Brimah unless he turns into the next Olajuwon, but I didn't see sophomore Knight winning conference DPOY or finishing 2nd in the country in blocked shots.

Ok you're right? My bad........:rolleyes:

It's all about the stats......heck then Emeka must not have been as good either until his junior year because he didnt win until then?

Stupid.....it's about the player not always the numbers. look what Travis had around him, he was rarely an offensive option until his senior year, Amida WAS this year.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Ok you're right? My bad...:rolleyes:

It's all about the stats

No, it's about the personal biases and opinions that overrule the stats! :D

(Note: when I say "biases", I don't mean racial...I have no idea how that was thrown in.)

Reaction Score
No, it's about the personal biases and opinions that overrule the stats! :D

(Note: when I say "biases", I don't mean racial...I have no idea how that was thrown in.)

I do appreciate the "biases" seriously because that bothered me. You guys disagreeing with me seriously does not bother me, this is after all a discussion board for opinion. But the other comment - that's BS

I like Amida as said in other posts I hope he shoves it so far up the crow comes out. But need to see it. I think he gets better next year automativally with Miller on the other side and an experienced DHam there too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom