Great thread from a San Diego State board | The Boneyard

Great thread from a San Diego State board

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I think the PAC-12 will be wise to jump on SDSU in the near term. Huge market, nearest teams are UCLA / USC. There is definitely room for them.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I've always liked AztecMesa, which makes me like the Aztecs even more. The vast majority of their fans were so upbeat about joining the Big East and there was a genuine enthusiasm and positivity about the possibilities for the new conference. If the sentiment on that board is reflective of the general fanbase, I would ally myself with those guys any day of the week...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
SDSU should be a very strong program. The biggest obstacle is that when you live in the best city in the country, why would you want to go to a football game?

Reaction Score
They were awful in 2011 but that's a handful of message board freaks

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Clearly you never visited prior to our NCAA tourney game in 2011. They were the most insufferable bunch of pricks ive ever seen.
When it's war and we're fighting against them people become insufferable. When it's war and they are fighting with us those same insufferable pricks become great guys.!:)

Reaction Score
When it's war and we're fighting against them people become insufferable. When it's war and they are fighting with us those same insufferable pricks become great guys.!:)

Great post.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great post.
Funny thing is I was going to say something about Germany and decided less was best. But you being in Germany validates the point.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Clearly you never visited prior to our NCAA tourney game in 2011. They were the most insufferable bunch of pricks ive ever seen.

That's a good point. However, let me just say this; at the time that Boise and SDSU were announced to the Big East, there were many from the "original five" (UConn, Cincy, Rutty, Ville, and USF) that were saying "WTF! C-USA 2.0! We don't need them!" Despite all that, the AztecMesa board was not only 95% in favor of joining up with us, but they were extremely psyched to do so! There was a feeling of "We've finally made it!"

If being associated with UConn makes a fanbase feel like that, they immediately get my respect and my seal of approval...

Reaction Score
I enjoyed their positive attitudes as well, but it left me wondering if hand size and altitude has anything to do with conference realignment.

Reaction Score
I've always liked AztecMesa, which makes me like the Aztecs even more. The vast majority of their fans were so upbeat about joining the Big East and there was a genuine enthusiasm and positivity about the possibilities for the new conference. If the sentiment on that board is reflective of the general fanbase, I would ally myself with those guys any day of the week...
Dan, everyone in San Diego is upbeat and positive. It's San Diego. Ever been there? Cowherd says it's why San Diego pro teams can't win. The fan base is so content that they don't put any pressure on management to upgrade. They're happy with Norv Turner.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Dan, everyone in San Diego is upbeat and positive. It's San Diego. Ever been there? Cowherd says it's why San Diego pro teams can't win. The fan base is so content that they don't put any pressure on management to upgrade. They're happy with Norv Turner.

I've never been west of Iowa! But I can see how fantastic weather and girls in bikinis would make you jolly. Still, if it were that, they would have been fine in the Mountain West too. They just wouldn't have cared, because hey....there are girls in bikinis!!! ;) No, their jubilation of joining us was genuine, my friend.

And I wouldn't blame losing pro teams on how upbeat a crowd is (I don't think all that much of Colin Cowherd, although I've heard he's been pro-UConn recently) or that you need surly bastards to have a winning team. Otherwise, how do you explain the Red Sox for almost 100 years?!?

Reaction Score
I've never been west of Iowa! But I can see how fantastic weather and girls in bikinis would make you jolly. Still, if it were that, they would have been fine in the Mountain West too. They just wouldn't have cared, because hey....there are girls in bikinis!!! ;) No, their jubilation of joining us was genuine, my friend.

And I wouldn't blame losing pro teams on how upbeat a crowd is (I don't think all that much of Colin Cowherd, although I've heard he's been pro-UConn recently) or that you need surly bastards to have a winning team. Otherwise, how do you explain the Red Sox for almost 100 years?!?

Cowherd lives in West Hartford (well at least I believe he said that in a sportsnation episode before) I'm not surprised hes pro-UConn, and imo is a knowledgeable espn analyst. Listen to his radio show to get a better grasp of his knowledge of sports instead of sports nation to see what I'm talking about.

Reaction Score
Cowherd lives in West Hartford (well at least I believe he said that in a sportsnation episode before) I'm not surprised hes pro-UConn, and imo is a knowledgeable espn analyst. Listen to his radio show to get a better grasp of his knowledge of sports instead of sports nation to see what I'm talking about.

Cowherd came to CT for his job at Espn. He is from Washington or Oregon I think. He has been increasingly supportive of UConn lately but he was very unsupportive of us back in 2009. He often said Calhoun and his players were "unlikable." Over time he has learned that the b.s. out there is just that.

Reaction Score
Cowherd admires what Calhoun did. I don't think he likes Calhoun, but he admires Calhoun for making something out of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom