Great job FOX | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Great job FOX

Reaction Score
I really like it when Fanta and Adams call the game. They do their homework and provide play by play with good insight thrown in around that. I was not as impressed yesterday as the I thought Kustok talked over Fanta a bit too much. Adams and Fox were fantastic giving good coverage to the Post game coverage. My only miss was that I never heard the all tournament team announcement.

TAK

Moved to the right state for women's basketball.
Reaction Score
Kim Adams and John Fanta work well together. Each gives the other time to speak. On Sunday, Fanta could announce why the ref blew the whistle. Not so on Monday bc Sarah dominates, speaking platitudes with little discussion about the actual game.
Rebecca Lobo provides excellent color commentary. I learn something from each game. For example, two years ago she described an elevator doors screen used by two Louisville players to give VanLith a clear shot. The replay on that screen was fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Camera coverage was excellent in both games. Fanta and Adams for the Marquette were very good. Really enjoyed them.

Tonight not so good. Kostok spent way to much time on Georgetown's high ranking on defense. Also talking Georgetown's offense which was not flowing. That is her MO on any other game I've watched were she is behind the mike.

Missed to many plays tonight and who fouls were on.

Call the game as it is being played.
That is her job, talk up the losing team to try to keep you watching, because there is still a chance..... Except there wasn't. But I did get nervous just a little in the third. I like to see the lead stay over 30 in the third. 40 is even better.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Fanta with these 2 gems:

"Bueckers madness!!"
and
"Oh, the Huskies are an avalanche."

That's some priceless stuff, right there! LOL

Reaction Score
Artificial Intelligence for writing scripts is all the rage right now, but we've been seeing it for years. Programmed meaningless questions and naturally the boilerplate the players are trained in, in response.

Sometimes the person holding the mike becomes an actual human being and asks an insightful question: you see the player's eyes do a quick "this does not compute to anything in my memory banks" and you get a real conversation. Makes you keep watching hoping for one of those moments.
A lot of these young women playing basketball today are quite capable of answering a good question with an intelligent answer (witness Graceann Bennett). Why not treat them with respect by asking them intelligent questions?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom