Great Game For the Womens College Basketball!! | The Boneyard

Great Game For the Womens College Basketball!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great Game for Women’s basketball!!

We were waiting for UConn to show up and pound ND into a 30 point route. Instead the world of college
Basketball watch as UConn struggled on a slippery floor, missed baby shot eighth grade layups and just looked like any other women’s college team.

Ask me what happen, I don’t know, was it focus, nerves … I got the impression that they tried to be too careful and did too much thinking….and really over tried to prevent giving the game away …????

Then the dreams started, Like our friends at TN … “Hey ND beat us by a whisker, UConn beat ND by four trips down the court The gal that won it for them will not be here next year …..Hey we can beat UConn. And 15 other schools thought the same, and now see a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel.

So the NC game as downbeat as it was, did a ton of good for the world of Women’s College Basketball.

As this morning there are 15 teams that think they will/can be the giant killers.

But kitties down get your hopes up to high, as DT said “If you’re going to beat UConn this was the year”

Even though we will miss the two seniors, next year we have a proven center, 3 – 4 top flight freshman, and most important it’s Stewie’s “benchmark year, the year as she goes after every offense record on the books.

And don’t flame me too hard, But there are a lot of guys over at the “Coach’s Corner” that feel … next year’s team could be the best ever … all we need is a development break or two, and NO injuries!!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Every year is the year to try and beat UConn, and don't gild UConn's 11th NC trophy too soon, as a lot of things can happen. There were a lot of posts on 4/10 and after last year about how no one would come within 20 points of UConn this year.

Never good to mess with the mojo -- just let things play out and see how next year's pieces fall together.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think what you saw with Morgan specifically is first time 'itis' as this was really the first time she was healthy and a starter and expected to come up big, and maybe she wanted it just a little too much. It was by far the worst game i can remember her playing in terms of brick after brick around the basket. She came up big with a few plays, but ...

And this was also redemption for Moriah after she could hit a shot in last years final - her first big expectation game. She was huge in this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom