Graduating 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Graduating 5

Reaction Score
IMG_0803.jpeg

Reaction Score
Question: since Paige has graduated can she go on the Wall while she’s still an active player or does she have to wait until she leaves? Thanks!

Nope. She doesn't have to wait until she leaves. Geno had Renee's number put up while she was still playing. I don't remember the game, but I do remember the shock on her face and her parents being there

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nope. She doesn't have to wait until she leaves. Geno had Renee's number put up while she was still playing. I don't remember the game, but I do remember the shock on her face and her parents being there

I’m guessing that Renee’s number was hung up on Senior Day/Night. She had made All-American as a Junior. Most of our All-Americans earned the honor at least twice, but their number wasn’t hung until near the end of their senior year. Maya and Paige were the only players to be AA as freshman.

Reaction Score
Thank you! I’m looking forward to seeing her number up there.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Congratulations to the girls! We will have three graduates playing on the team next year! If we pick up two more from the portal, we can play 5 graduates every now and then!
More balanced than the 5 pt guard offense.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Swipe

Wow great photos. I like all the Huskies, but ironically this group of 5 has all made a great impression on me over recent years.

At UConn Geno puts as much priority on a degree as on defense.

It's great they get to graduate together, and man, imagine that group healthy as a pressing small ball lineup!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi took mostly college courses in her senior year. She nearly graduated high school early and joined the team with Bueckers early but St Johns College High School denied her request. She's a "get aheader."

I have a vague recollection that my local girl graduated from St. John's College High School with a 3.74 GPA. Listen to her interviews--she's a very bright young woman.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aubs and Azzi are in different classes, but the 5-player recruiting class consisting of Paige, Aaliyah, Nika, Mir, and Piath was very special. Piath was admittedly a project. Mir left for more playing time, bit did well at Virginia and should do well at Maryland.

The remaining three comprised one of the best classes in history. Paige was the very first freshman to win NPOY awards. She is a 2-time 1st Team All-American and a 3-time Final Four participant. She will probably finish as the 4th piece of UConn WBB's Mt. Rushmore and a #1 overall draft pick. Depending on her health and when she leaves, she could pass the great Maya Moore as our all-time leading scorer ... and be a 4-time 1st Team All-American.

Aaliyah Edwards was a terror as a freshman who became a 3rd Team All-American as a junior and 1st Team All-American (our first Canadian All-American) as a senior. She finished in the top 15 in UConn scoring and top 8 in rebounding and was drafted 6th overall.

Nika Muhl was a player from Croatia who welcomed playing with and competing against the great Paige Bueckers. We weren't sure what to expect from her, but she was 2-time 2nd Team All-Conference, 2-time Conference Defensive Player of the Year, and owner of ALL the UConn assist records, passing Paige Bueckers (single-game), icon Sue Bird (single season 2x), and Moriah Jefferson (career). Nika was drafted 14th overall and probably should have been a 1st round pick.

Those are lofty accomplishments for a trio from the same class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom