GoT Season Seven | Page 56 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

Reaction Score
Except he knows that best Leader is Sansa. He is much smarter than Adub.

Brandon clearly took himself out of the line of succession. Something about the Three Eyed Raven being a full time gig.

Reaction Score
Why would I when in Season 7 the character HERSELF says "Im a slow learner".

Did you watch the show?

Are you truly this clueless? Life is learning from your mistakes. the point of the scene was she learned enough to outplay the deepest strategist and the man with the biggest army in the keep. But keep waiting for her to implode and come running to you for service.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
A true stark would execute the sentence they passed. The show went out of their way to make her look as Impotent as she is. She even admitted to being slow. And then she didn't swing the sword on her own sentence.

Ned turning over in the crypt.
If Sansa is a slow learner, Ned was in special
ed.

Special Ned!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thats not the Stark way. With leadership comes responsibility.
Not concerned. They meted out the necessary justice. It wasn't taken lightly. I think the principle is that people can take a death sentence lightly if they aren't the one doing the killing, but I don't see that to be the case here.

Reaction Score
Dany dies in childbirth. Jon/Aegon rules the Iron Throne. Sansa is Queen in the North. /endseries

I don't think it'll be that clean. I'm working through some scenarios and will post. That being said, there's a part of me that wonders if they show will end with the equivalent of nuclear winter - or in this case zombie winter, where the living are completely overrun, fade to black.

Reaction Score
You are missing the point of what was accomplished. the Starks presented a united front. As an all star team they have the king in the north, risen from the dead, who is also heir to the Iron throne. A superstar assassin. An all knowing and all seeing magical seer. And a hot redhead who is becoming a competent administrator.

The message with Bran there, and Arya carrying out the sentence wordlessly, is that they are one. It's team leadership, not Sansa in charge. They simply used the right tool for the job.

Exactly. Arya has been trained to fight and to kill. Sansa hasn't been. Her attempting to execute Littlefinger would have looked like this:

Reaction Score
would Lyanna Mormont?

No. I can't see any Queen or Lady using a broadsword to lop off someone's head. Theon Greyjoy took like 6 swings before he was able to hack that guy's head off back in season 2 or 3. Arya uses Needle and the only other woman on the show that actually swings a sword is a 6'8" Amazon. Your picayune attempts at discrediting Sansa just don't hold water, champ.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No. I can't see any Queen or Lady using a broadsword to lop off someone's head. Theon Greyjoy took like 6 swings before he was able to hack that guy's head off back in season 2 or 3. Arya uses Needle and the only other woman on the show that actually swings a sword is a 6'8" Amazon. Your picayune attempts at discrediting Sansa just don't hold water, champ.

Needle could lop off a head

August_West

Reaction Score
Then why hasn't she lopped one off yet?
Because she hasnt sentenced anyone to death via execution.

All her kills are revenge hits.

By all rights Littlefingers head should have been on a block yesterday.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Because she hasnt sentenced anyone to death via execution.

All her kills are revenge hits.

By all rights Littlefingers head should have been on a block yesterday.

Indeed you finally see the light...half-way. This was a revenge hit. It was a collective revenge hit for Sansa and Arya and all the Starks. This was not the King in the North sentencing him to death. They laid out his crimes in a semi public forum solely so that those in the Vale understand the reasons, and that they don't lose support. Why do you think the murder he was accused of was the head of house Arryn? It was politically brilliant.

August_West

Reaction Score
This was not the King in the North sentencing him to death

Actually is was a "trial"

2ianLT9.jpg

Reaction Score

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Littlefinger and Varys were great players of the Game. It is hard to make them as loveabley effective when the plot turns to Zombie Fighting. There isn't as much call for intrigue and backstabbing.

Tyrion's character poses much the same problem. He is a thinker like Littlefinger and Varys, but now the story is turning to Hero Stuff and there are only so many brilliant maneuvers to assign. John and Danny and the rest get most of those plotlines.

Once the white Walkers are defeated (god willing the world gets stuck in eternal winter and jon becomes the Night King), it'll get back to strategy a little bit.

But at some point, it was always gonna come down to swords.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So what happens to Pipsqueak Arryn now that Littlefinger is dead? I hope they don't redeem his character. I would like to see Sansa manipulate her way onto that throne.

Just to rub it in August's face. She is officially the head of House Stark. Everyone knows that right? John is the Targaryean heir once his parentage comes out and Sansa the True Lady of Winterfell.

Technically, it's Bran, even though he claims he's the 3-eyed raven. Normal people (everyone else) would say he is.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I agree. You re making my point for me.

Waiting 2 or 3 seasons too long to kill them waters down their deaths a lot. The audience forgets some of the power moves they have pulled and their accomplishments don't seem as meaningful since they happened 4,5,6 seasons ago.

Since they haven't had any use for them, why drag them along for so long? Their deaths would be so much more shocking/impactful if they happened when they were actually doing stuff.

But Tyrion might win the game. And he's probably the most liked character in the whole show, so if he does kark it, it'll be pretty damn impactful.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean, shytt, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight."

-Slim Charles

Nice one.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Why not a Lady Stark? Show me where the motto "One who passes the sentence shall swing the sword" has the caveat "except for women". You can't.

You think little lady Mormont wont swing the sword on her own? Everyone who watches the show knows she absolutely would. Why can she, but not Sansa?

Not even sure little lady mormont could lift that dagger...

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Come on. Clegan Bowl has been predicted by everyone and their mother. Even citrusdog has gotten that one right. Only Adub is foolish enough to change the prediction now.

#GradeInflation

hahahahah

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom