good read on kromah | The Boneyard

good read on kromah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
so he is a poor mans Victor Oladipo?
Actually he started over oladipo on their aau team. And was heavily sought after by Indiana which has their aau coach as an assistant. oladipo is a better defender and can jump higher. but lasan is a way better scorer.

Reaction Score
Actually he started over oladipo on their aau team. And was heavily sought after by Indiana which has their aau coach as an assistant. oladipo is a better defender and can jump higher. but lasan is a way better scorer.

Alright well that was four years ago and Oladipo is about to be a high lottery pick. If we get a poor man's Oladipo, I'll be happy, but I'm not expecting someone who is going to be a way better scorer than him.

Reaction Score
Alright well that was four years ago and Oladipo is about to be a high lottery pick. If we get a poor man's Oladipo, I'll be happy, but I'm not expecting someone who is going to be a way better scorer than him.
You are right about tbat being four years ago. But when they play in the summer leagues out here in the dc area victor cannot stop him one on one. it might seem like im exaggerating but my brother plays with them all the time. And I've seen it. I think he starts for uconn at the three. if not he will give you guys 14-16 off the bench. you'll see

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
You are right about tbat being four years ago. But when they play in the summer leagues out here in the dc area victor cannot stop him one on one. it might seem like im exaggerating but my brother plays with them all the time. And I've seen it. I think he starts for uconn at the three. if not he will give you guys 14-16 off the bench. you'll see

I really hope you meant minutes. No way he averages that in points. And I will gladly, and I mean gladly, eat crow if "I'll see."

Reaction Score
I'd be more than happy if we got 5ppg from Kromah, no way in hell is he approaching 14-16, especially off the bench.

Reaction Score
Hyperthink is my new favorite poster. He reminds me of a Rug Al- but he is talking about a new Husky so I am all for it. If this kid can come in and get anything close to 10 points a game KO and Hobbs should get a raise.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

14-16 off the bench? Name the last High Major player in the last 50 years who's done that?

I've seen a lot of posts from you and while I love the enthusiasm for this kid, to say I'm taking your predictions with a grain of salt is an understatement.

Maybe he's been underutilized but he averaged 10 points for GW. He's not going to be a superstar for UConn. I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't see that happening.

Reaction Score
Without ever seeing Kromah play, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Omar averaging double figures, as a freshman, in the Big East, as the 4th option on offense, on a good Uconn team is a little bit more impressive than Kromah averaging double figures, as a senior, in the A-10, on a lousy GW team.

Reaction Score
This hyperthink guys unwaning enthusiasm of kromah is entertaining. I know somebody who played on those gw Hobbs teams (transfered due to the coach also from ct), claims kromah is a high propensity shooter. Aka jacker.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

what are you smoking?
facepalm-homer.jpg

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
How is he eligible right away? I can't find the answer, and I know someone here knows.

Reaction Score
Let's see.... He averaged 10pts in the A10 as a senior. Transfers to UConn and now he will be averaging 14-16 starting at the 3 over OC. I know we're playing in the AAC next year but that quite a jump for a kid to make.

Look he was signed to give us some more depth in the backcourt. We will play the same lineup as last year with the exception of the 5 spot which will have open competition. We will either at times go big with DD at the 3 if he improves his handle which I'm sure here's working on or go small with DD at the 5 and NG or maybe your boy at the 4. But NG has earned his minutes and Kromah will have to prove it in the gym.

pj

Reaction Score
How is he eligible right away? I can't find the answer, and I know someone here knows.

He's graduating from GW and coming in as a graduate student.

Reaction Score
I've seen this guy play in person multiple times at school and no way is he coming into UConn and
A) Starting at the 3
B) Averaging 14-16 a game

I know people questioned his motivation to the team under Longeran and such, but I haven't seen the talent out of him that would prompt writing either of those two points.

As I said in another read he's a much more athletic RJ and should be a solid role player, but nothing more than that.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I can't believe he's passing up the NBA Draft and certain millions.
I'm excited about getting Kromah! He wants UConn!! And that makes him great in my book. Funny how posters have turned to laughing at a poster whom they think is over the top by making digs at a kid who has no part in this and who is bleeding husky blue. I guess I'm the only one who finds this strange.

Reaction Score
I don't think the majority of us meant any ill intent towards the kid at all, we're just having fun with this poster who came out of nowhere making pretty ridiculous predictions. I think if the kid can contribute 15 quality minutes per game we'd all be pretty happy.

Reaction Score
14-16 off the bench? Name the last High Major player in the last 50 years who's done that?

I've seen a lot of posts from you and while I love the enthusiasm for this kid, to say I'm taking your predictions with a grain of salt is an understatement.

Maybe he's been underutilized but he averaged 10 points for GW. He's not going to be a superstar for UConn. I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't see that happening.
dion waiters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32