Good for Tenn today | The Boneyard

Good for Tenn today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am very happy for this Tenn team with all their ups and down this past year and to come on and beat USC in SC and to win the SEC Tournament......Hopefully, they can get a #1 seed and go on a little run.
I dd not watch the game just seen the highlights and it looked exciting and both teams could have won.

KY seems to find a way to lose big games...........

Reaction Score
I am very happy for this Tenn team with all their ups and down this past year and to come on and beat USC in SC and to win the SEC Tournament.Hopefully, they can get a #1 seed and go on a little run.
I dd not watch the game just seen the highlights and it looked exciting and both teams could have won.

KY seems to find a way to lose big games......
My only problem is that one of these teams had to win. I'm not a fan of Kentucky and there are no words for my feelings for Tennessee. The arrogance that that team has displayed over the years has always revolted me and I wish nothing good for them. Sorry, I hold grudges.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I love the way Reynolds is starting to play. I think she is going to be a special player.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
pap49cba said:
I really hope we meet them in the regional.
. Could it be? Tennessee is possibly a #2 seed. Why not have them in the Lincoln regional with uconn the #1? The hoopla and fanfare would be tremendous.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think it's fun that UTenn won

And it will be even more fun when we entertain them
with the complete freshman course in Team Basketball 101.

Reaction Score
Wish we would face them in the semi-finals. Chomping at the bit for that game.

agree. I think TN will get 1 seed and make it to Nashville. In fact, as soon as I saw Nashville was going to be a F4 site, I thought UConn and TN would meet there. Of course it is all the more fitting that it will be for #9. If you meet, I predict a 25 pt win for UConn, another back door clinic.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tenn has advanced from losing ugly to winning ugly. I think they should be a 2 seed, but they have little chance of the Final Four and no chance of winning it all. They are a team with real weaknesses.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
semper said:
Wish we would face them in the semi-finals. Chomping at the bit for that game.
agree. I think TN will get 1 seed and make it to Nashville. In fact, as soon as I saw Nashville was going to be a F4 site, I thought UConn and TN would meet there. Of course it is all the more fitting that it will be for #9. If you meet, I predict a 25 pt win for UConn, another back door clinic.

Can you imagine? It would be EPIC!!!!

Reaction Score
Tenn has advanced from losing ugly to winning ugly. I think they should be a 2 seed, but they have little chance of the Final Four and no chance of winning it all. They are a team with real weaknesses.

I agree with a lot of your pts, but I think they can get hot and make it to the F4, especially if they get a decent draw like WVA or Baylor. They won't win once there.

Reaction Score
it's just my gut feeling about TN making it to the F4, no hard data, just gut. :)

Reaction Score
I keep trying to play this through in my mind to see how a UConn-TN game could happen. The easiest to imagine is TN with a #1 an UConn with a #1 and each wins its way to the semis. Does anyone know how the brackets line up? What I mean is, if UConn gets to Louisville (which i personally think is ridiculous, but I concede it could happen), which bracket do they play if they get that far? Is it Lincoln, where I assume TN would go?

I wonder because it seems to me the NCAA has done everything it could for years to not have these two meet each other (unless each won their way to the semis, which TN has not done). Do you think that trend would continue and if so, how would that factor into the placement of UConn in one locale or another?

Reaction Score
I say good for TN .... more power to them..... they still not look great. run and gun.... missed layups.... often looking like they didn't know their assignments.... but KY...Holy Cow... bringing the ball up the floor was an adventure

Wait until LVs play ND or us...... 25 pt blowout.... or check that ..15.... we want to save some energy for the final if we meet in the FF

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I keep trying to play this through in my mind to see how a UConn-TN game could happen. The easiest to imagine is TN with a #1 an UConn with a #1 and each wins its way to the semis. Does anyone know how the brackets line up? What I mean is, if UConn gets to Louisville (which i personally think is ridiculous, but I concede it could happen), which bracket do they play if they get that far? Is it Lincoln, where I assume TN would go?

I wonder because it seems to me the NCAA has done everything it could for years to not have these two meet each other (unless each won their way to the semis, which TN has not done). Do you think that trend would continue and if so, how would that factor into the placement of UConn in one locale or another?

I think the days of keeping the two teams apart (if they really did do that) are over. It seems the committee is really looking for games that bring lots of attention to the sport. We feel confident that the ND/UConn game we predict for the final will be amazing...so UCONN UT would be a fabulous runner up to that. I wish it could happen.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I am very happy for this Tenn team with all their ups and down this past year and to come on and beat USC in SC and to win the SEC Tournament.Hopefully, they can get a #1 seed and go on a little run.

KY seems to find a way to lose big games......
Actually, that game was in Knoxville.

I don't think Tennessee will get to the Final Four; they can't seem to maintain focus for an extended period of time this season. They have the talent, though, for sure.

Reaction Score
That's exactly what I was hoping. But I've seen the brackets that Charlie Creme has set up and (unless this is changeable, which I doubt), winner of Lincoln plays winner of South Bend. If TN goes to Lincoln, it has to beat ND to get to a final against UConn, which must beat the winner of Stanford region. Under these circumstances, I don't see Tenn beating ND.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
But I've seen the brackets that Charlie Creme has set up and (unless this is changeable, which I doubt), winner of Lincoln plays winner of South Bend.

Charlie emphasizes that he does not think about the match-ups, so you can't read anything into it. Which seems odd, but that's what he says.

Reaction Score
it's just my gut feeling about TN making it to the F4, no hard data, just gut. :)
I hope you are right. This will be my first Final Four so my fantasy game is UCONN beating TENN for the N.C. in Tennessee.

52 TO GO

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I hate to say this but, I really enjoy reading these dump on UT threads :)

They are definitely a team you can love to hate.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I hate to say this but, I really enjoy reading these dump on UT threads :)

They are definitely a team you can love to hate.

I like Texas. But I was pulling for WVU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom