Good article | The Boneyard

Good article

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
That was a VERY enjoyable read. I especially liked this passage... "He sputtered more than simply talked. I pictured total congestion, a Times Square traffic jam of sentences and thoughts, ideas, observations, phrases and exclamations, f-bombs and platitudes, located somewhere between his mind and his mouth. All of them honked and jostled, fought with each other to get free, into the fresh air. They celebrated when they did."

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Did a quick keyword search and couldn't find this, but sorry if already posted. Leigh Montville article on Calhoun.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/38384744/#!bq4DDM

I read some of your posts and think, "WHY?" and wonder how anyone could ever click Like. Then I see something like this, and something else that I think was just before a Dogmania post earlier today. I'm find myself so aggravated by the posts that seem to have little other purpose than to aggravate that I won't click Like here, but I will spend the extra effort to say, "Thank you" for this one.

I guess my pettiness and my integrity played to a tie.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That was a VERY enjoyable read. I especially liked this passage... "He sputtered more than simply talked. I pictured total congestion, a Times Square traffic jam of sentences and thoughts, ideas, observations, phrases and exclamations, f-bombs and platitudes, located somewhere between his mind and his mouth. All of them honked and jostled, fought with each other to get free, into the fresh air. They celebrated when they did."

That's Obituary leadoff paragraph or tombstone material right there.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Didn't know JC had to take a cut in pay to come here. Bold move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom