Going down to Philly this weekend... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Going down to Philly this weekend...

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Worth every penny! Crazy finish! And watching those annoying Temple fans around me get a bad taste of UConn in they mouths courtesy of Jalen Adams was the best part

I must say Philly was very nice. Parking however was horrendous as in any big city. The Liacouras Center is a beautiful arena. Kind of like a mini Gampel with much less banners. And you can't beat sitting in the lower level behind the uconn bench for $40 per ticket. That price and location is unheard of at our home games. Also great showing by Husky Nation in Philly. We travel well for sure.

thedrowsyowl

TU student from CT
Reaction Score
Worth every penny! Crazy finish! And watching those annoying Temple fans around me get a bad taste of UConn in they mouths courtesy of Jalen Adams was the best part

I must say Philly was very nice. Parking however was horrendous as in any big city. The Liacouras Center is a beautiful arena. Kind of like a mini Gampel with much less banners. And you can't beat sitting in the lower level behind the uconn bench for $40 per ticket. That price and location is unheard of at our home games. Also great showing by Husky Nation in Philly. We travel well for sure.

I must say, this felt like karma. I was at the UConn-Temple game at the XL Center last season where Temple won by 2 on a last-second jumper by Josh Brown (with my UConn-loving family, no less). Now the exact opposite happened :( The entire student section was just silent after that game. And that's the second time this season this has happened...the EXACT same situation gave us a 1-point loss to Tulsa earlier. Same basket, same apathetic defense. Anyway, congrats Huskies!

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I must say, this felt like karma. I was at the UConn-Temple game at the XL Center last season where Temple won by 2 on a last-second jumper by Josh Brown (with my UConn-loving family, no less). Now the exact opposite happened :( The entire student section was just silent after that game. And that's the second time this season this has happened...the EXACT same situation gave us a 1-point loss to Tulsa earlier. Same basket, same apathetic defense. Anyway, congrats Huskies!

I think Jalen's drive to the basket was defended pretty well. Just sometimes better offense overcomes any defense that's thrown at it. Jalen just made a tough shot.

I am a believer in karma though, you are right.

As far as the "annoying Temple fans" I would say most of them were nice. Just one dude in particular that would let out this obnoxious "Whoooooooo!" after every damn Temple made basket. In return I made it my mission to be 10 times louder during UConn's runs. Good times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom