OT: - Give your best sports trivia question (rules in thread) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Give your best sports trivia question (rules in thread)

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
This one kills me, who had the most "receiving" yards on passes from Richard Todd in the 1983 AFC championship game?

Reaction Score
What football coach had the option to kick a game tying 47 yard fg or go for it on 4th and 4, but instead decided to run a fake fg resulting in a game ending interception.

Reaction Score
What football coach had the option to kick a game tying 47 yard fg or go for it on 4th and 4, but instead decided to run a fake fg resulting in a game ending interception.
Bobby Red Pants! Head bang

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Last one for me: name 7 NCAA school who play d1 basketball whose team name includes no colors, no animal names, and does not end in "s."
Minutemen
Thundering Herd
Midshipmen
Fighting Illini
Fighting Irish
???????
???????

Reaction Score
When I was on the top of my sports trivia game and considered my unbeatable. . I was stumped by the following
In the famous double play combination Timkers to. Evers to Chance.
Who played third base ?
You always remember you defeats for some reason
Either Heine Zimmerman or Harry Steinfeldt. I'll go with Zimmerman.
(I collect vintage baseball cards from that time frame, so I hope one of them is correct lol)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Minutemen
Thundering Herd
Midshipmen
Fighting Illini
Fighting Irish
???????
???????
Having been stumped on this, took a deep dive and discovered there are four others (Green Bay Phoenix, William & Mary Tribe, Hofstra Pride, Long Beach St Beach), so there's nine total.

Reaction Score
There are 6 UConn alums who have made an NBA allstar team who are they.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
AJ Duhe?
wow. You brought me back with that name. Man I hope that's the right answer. I always remembered getting his card in almost every pack of football cards I bought. He always looked confused in every photo. Like a confused brian bosworth knock off.

Reaction Score
Who was the only Major League baseball player to be ejected while sleeping on the field?
On August 25th 1968 a Yankee outfielder was moved from the outfield to the mound to pitch. Name the

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I saw Mantle steal home in the early 60’s. If he could do it, bad knees and all, you’d think Ruth could’ve done it ten times, especially if it was during his earlier and more athletic years.

Either Heine Zimmerman or Harry Steinfeldt. I'll go with Zimmerman.
(I collect vintage baseball cards from that time frame, so I hope one of them is correct lol)
Zimmerman is acceptable as three different guys played third during that time Harry Steinfeldt was probably the primary one on their Championship teams 1906-10
Zimmerman best years were after 1910 . He won the triple crown in 1912 . He was banned from baseball for gambling .
Those Cubs won 4 pennants and that DP combo was immortalized in a poem allegedly written by a NY Giants fan watching his team lose to them on yet another double play.
Baseball has a great almost now forgotten mythology.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
On August 25th 1968 a Yankee outfielder was moved from the outfield to the mound to pitch. Name the
I can't tell you how much I want this answer to be Ross Moschitto :D

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
The first UConn player from Hamden selected in the first round in two major sports. Note: He’s also the first ever regardless of school or town. I don’t know if there is anyone after him that also has that honor.

Here is a more challenging one: name the three 1975 Red Sox who share last names with towns in MA. One of them also owns another major league distinction as a “last to” what?
No one is trying this one. Not interesting enough? I don’t know.
Fred Lynn
Spaceman Lee
Bob Montgomery - players were grandfathered in to not having to wear a batting helmet when that rule went into effect. He was the last active player to not wear one.

Reaction Score
clay johnson?
one of my previous posts referenced Clay Johnson and Jim Abromaitis. Question was which other two Huskies went to HCHS. I’m not sure if any other high school had 4 players go to UConn.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What about the Senators?

Ottawa and Washington
????

Are you referring to the Washington Senators who became the Minnesota Twins or the Washington Senators who became the Texas Rangers?

Reaction Score
This one kills me, who had the most "receiving" yards on passes from Richard Todd in the 1983 AFC championship game?

This Jet's fan remembers that game well. Todd was as bad as I have ever seen any QB in a game. The game Shula decided not to use the tarp in a monsoon before the game. The only memory more painful is Bruce Harper's fumble to open the playoff game against the Bills the prior year and Bill Simpson's Int to close out that game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom