Give Huskies A 'C' So Far, But 6 Wins An Attainable Goal (J. Jacobs) | The Boneyard

Give Huskies A 'C' So Far, But 6 Wins An Attainable Goal (J. Jacobs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...nn-boise-state-0914-20140913,0,2571490.column

>>"I would say we are further ahead than I thought we would be," Diaco said. "I'm very excited about the team and the future. Not only the future years ahead, but the future of 2014. As we move from the preparation, and there isn't one person in that huddle that feels good [about the loss], there also isn't one person who isn't better than we were three weeks ago. Coach or player."<<

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I still think we're going bowling this year. Yesterday gave me some much needed confidence in my own assertion.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Have to win Friday. Have to.

Completely agree. Might be the single most important game for our program's direction since the Fiesta Bowl. I might be overstating, but reaching a bowl game in 2014 is an absolute must for UCONN in so many ways.

Reaction Score
I agree USF is one of those critical lynchpin games. Lots of us are heading down there. Hope you're among them.

Reaction Score
I still think we're going bowling this year. Yesterday gave me some much needed confidence in my own assertion.
I want some of your medication.

Reaction Score
Completely agree. Might be the single most important game for our program's direction since the Fiesta Bowl. I might be overstating, but reaching a bowl game in 2014 is an absolute must for UCONN in so many ways.
Are you really Warde in disguise?

Reaction Score
any reasonable person knew this team would be 1-2 through 3 games, need to keep improving and sneak a win or two as a underdog if were going bowling

Reaction Score
The way the defense played yesterday there is certainly hope. They shut down one of the better offenses in the country. There are holes on the defense, but they are much, much better than two weeks ago. The offense obviously has weaknesses, but it too improved from last week. I don't want to hear about Boise State's pass defense, unless you admit their D-Line is one of the best we'll face all year. Or that whatever Boise State's defense is, it's better than Stony Brook's.

I still believe we'll go bowling. This program should celebrate a bowl bid like a conference championship right now, just for the development of all the young players out there. 5+/- extra weeks and an extra game is HUGE for next year.

Dooley

Reaction Score
any reasonable person knew this team would be 1-2 through 3 games, need to keep improving and sneak a win or two as a underdog if were going bowling

Exactly. When the schedule was released, most people thought 1-2 after 3 games (myself included). Now we're entering the part of our schedule that has very winnable games and we're very healthy at most positions (knocking on wood). Getting better each week. Playing with heart. That's what I want to see. The wins will come and when they do, the confidence will become contagious.

Reaction Score
Have to win Friday. Have to.

I will be there screaming my lungs out just as I was Saturday. Must win. Need to win. Much needed confidence boost for these boys. Anyone else going to be there?

Reaction Score
I agree USF is one of those critical lynchpin games. Lots of us are heading down there. Hope you're among them.

I will be there. Section 139 Row V seat 4!!!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Go back to the expectations thread; 2-2 after four was pretty much a consensus good outcome. don't think anyone saw stonybrook as 19-16 though. still i'm with those that saw a lot of progress from wk 2 to wk 3. kids look like they're getting coached.

Reaction Score
I agree that USF is a critical game. That team isn't very good so losing to them will be a huge setback. But winning on the road is much tougher than at home, especially for a young team, so we'll see.

Reaction Score
By the way, I think a C reflect grade inflation. Passing grade but barely that. Solid D overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom