Giffey/Facey | The Boneyard

Giffey/Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Giffey needs more shots - took only 4 tonight. Facey needs to Play - Period. Calhoun needs his minutes cut in half. I believe Facey can be our best interior scorer
I agree. How can Facey not even see the court when guys like Nolan are so inept on offense? He must have had some awful practices lately.

Reaction Score
Maybe the guys who actually see these kids play have a better sense.

Incidentally, Giffey wasn't any good tonight either.

Reaction Score
My point is. Maybe he would be "good" if his teammates gave him 10 shots a game

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Giffey and Kromah were solid. Gif's minutes were limited by foul trouble...at least a couple of which were phantom fouls.
Brimah and Facey needed more minutes tonight. TO and PN were essentially no shows.

Reaction Score
Facey has had two solid games against Maine and Detroit. Let's temper the he'd be our best big man talk. NG does need more shots. For whatever reason, no one but Bazz ever looks for him. He was wide open a couple of times in the late minutes and DD and Boat decided trying to go 1 on 3 was a better option.

Reaction Score
Giff and Bazz always share so why don't the non-Bazz players pass the ball (back) to Giffey?

He's the best shooter on our team and they rarely even look for him. I hate that shiiiit!

Reaction Score
Facey has had two solid games against Maine and Detroit. Let's temper the he'd be our best big man talk. NG does need more shots. For whatever reason, no one but Bazz ever looks for him. He was wide open a couple of times in the late minutes and DD and Boat decided trying to go 1 on 3 was a better option.
I was kinda disappointed in him when he had a shot down the final stretch and instead of going straight up tried to lean into a defender. GIF, you're shooting 60 percent from three just take the shot!

Reaction Score
Giffey has become a great shooter. He was open a couple times last night. But he really has to do more running around to get himself open. If you watch hes usually just floating around the 3 pt line. And Omar definetly needs to start driving the ball in and taking a 10 ft shot instead of 22 ft 3's. I still love this team. Losses happen. The XL was like a morgue last night. Terrible showing by the team and terrible showing by the crowd. Teams feed off the crowd we were a bunch of energy vampires last night.

Reaction Score
Giffey has become a great shooter. He was open a couple times last night. But he really has to do more running around to get himself open. If you watch hes usually just floating around the 3 pt line. And Omar definetly needs to start driving the ball in and taking a 10 ft shot instead of 22 ft 3's. I still love this team. Losses happen. The XL was like a morgue last night. Terrible showing by the team and terrible showing by the crowd. Teams feed off the crowd we were a bunch of energy vampires last night.
To be fair, that "team" put them in that situation. Absolutely the most selfish and spectacularly inept team I've seen wearing a UConn uniform in a long time. If I was KO, I would have benched a few "stars" last night.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice on those last 2 shots bazz had Giffy wide open both times. After the first shot Giffy gets the oboard and bazz takes another stupid shot. Go back and watch, it was so frustrating Stanford was not paying attention to him

Reaction Score
I think the bench needs to be reined in at this point. Olander and Nolan get fewer minutes, more to Brimah.

The person who should get Calhoun's minutes is Daniels. Not Kromah or Facey.

Daniels is key at this point, and he needs more continuity, so you go Boat/Bazz/Giffey/Daniels/Brimah as your optimal lineup.

I see Daniels coming out every game at around 5 minutes in. He needs more continuity. So Giffey comes in for Daniels, and then you need to play with those 5 for awhile before subbing Kromah in. Listen to me KO, I'm on a message board!

Reaction Score
Let 's face it, when a college team plays 30+ games every season it's bound to have 2-3 turkey games per season. And, that's the good teams.
Last night was one of those games. We just need to move on and minimize these turkey games.
Plus, we need more than Bazz at crunch time. Hopefully someone else can step up.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

It was kind of strange, last night, watching from home, too.

In the 2nd half, Saunders kept saying that UConn was "...down 3...", repeatedly, as though that were some insurmountable lead.

Whenever the Huskies are "down 3" in the second half, they are usually poised to win....

I can see how the scoring drought took some energy out of the fans, but, at no point did the score ever seem to indicate that UConn wouldn't win (till the buzzer went off, of course).

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Lk should take any minutes Calhoun looses , not Daniels he's already a starter

Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice on those last 2 shots bazz had Giffy wide open both times. After the first shot Giffy gets the oboard and bazz takes another stupid shot. Go back and watch, it was so frustrating Stanford was not paying attention to him

Yep, I saw Bazz ignore a wide open Giff on left corner baseline in favor of taking a missed contested off balance jumper.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My point is. Maybe he would be "good" if his teammates gave him 10 shots a game

Yep, I saw Bazz ignore a wide open Giff on left corner baseline in favor of taking a missed contested off balance jumper.

Saw the same. Bazz did the same late in the game, and right after that, Deandre ignored Giff and took a stupid, defended and impossible shot. It's been like that all four years. KO needs to instill in the team that Giffey is our 2nd or 3rd option on offense. He needs to run plays designed to get him the ball, so the team gets it. A 6'7" guy who runs around on offense better than anyone else on the team, and can hit threes over the guys who defend him would be getting 15-20 a night for any other team. Instead we send our 5'9" SG crashing into 3 guys 6'8" or taller.

Reaction Score
I think the bench needs to be reined in at this point. Olander and Nolan get fewer minutes, more to Brimah.

The person who should get Calhoun's minutes is Daniels. Not Kromah or Facey.

Daniels is key at this point, and he needs more continuity, so you go Boat/Bazz/Giffey/Daniels/Brimah as your optimal lineup.

I see Daniels coming out every game at around 5 minutes in. He needs more continuity. So Giffey comes in for Daniels, and then you need to play with those 5 for awhile before subbing Kromah in. Listen to me KO, I'm on a message board!
And what is DD's line when he is pulled out? Probably nothing to show but a foul or two, and a couple turnovers. He is so far away from the end of last year...

Reaction Score
And what is DD's line when he is pulled out? Probably nothing to show but a foul or two, and a couple turnovers. He is so far away from the end of last year...

That's my point exactly.

Reaction Score
KO needs to instill in the team that Giffey is our 2nd or 3rd option on offense. He needs to run plays designed to get him the ball, so the team gets it. A 6'7" guy who runs around on offense better than anyone else on the team, and can hit threes over the guys who defend him would be getting 15-20 a night for any other team. Instead we send our 5'9" SG crashing into 3 guys 6'8" or taller.

Actually he should be our first option, at least until he cools off. No way as improved as he is, that he should be ignored by his teammates. Giffey is a 4 year player, who's a Captain, he needs to demand the ball even if he has to cuss a few players out.

Its your last year so go ahead Giff, get in your teammates face and tell them to throw you the fukkin ball when your open.

Reaction Score
Actually he should be our first option, at least until he cools off. No way as improved as he is, that he should be ignored by his teammates. Giffey is a 4 year player, who's a Captain, he needs to demand the ball even if he has to cuss a few players out.

Its your last year so go ahead Giff, get in your teammates face and tell them to throw you the fukkin ball when your open.

Agree to a degree however Germans are a very polite people danka, bitte,danka, bitte, danka, bitte, and all that.
Except Wolfe who is apparently missing a few
AGCU from his DNA. But I digress.

Seriously think KO has to set the tone here. Run some plays for Giffey. Ten toes in right? He said that. Not four or six. Share 'in ball fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom