Giffey: Another player thread | The Boneyard

Giffey: Another player thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As quiet as is kept, Giffey is improving each game. His experience is showing and slowly becoming one of our top 10 bench guys of all time. When he replaces DD we lose nothing.

He hustles, goes after loose balls and boards, always active, has a stroke that's improving, never complains and always looks to make a contribution. I really believe he's thriving under Ollie. Good things are coming just wait and see.

Reaction Score
He just needs to develop a short range game. He passes up too many short range jumpers. Good kid,though.

Reaction Score
Giffey and DD will need huge games if we are to beat da Cuse.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I was hoping he would string some shots together after he hit his first 3, but not to be. He makes a lot of smart plays and always works hard.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He still telegraphs a lot of his passes really badly, and sometimes seems to lose concentration to the tune of an unforced turnover or two. But most of the time, he hustles his ass off on D, and after Bazz, he's the on I have the most confidence in on the line in end game situations.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Of course he got the apples. That is the primary reason to be a D1 athlete: Apple picking.

Everything else is secondary. Even NBA aspirations. Making it to the NBA is about picking even more Apples.

By the way, it's not unique to Athletes. Musicians also like Apples, and if anyone tells you they started playing an instrument ( especially guitar) for any other primary reason than picking apples, well, then I will show you someone who is a different kind of fruit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Always good on D. Not offensive minded enough. You have to take the open shot period. Love his effort. Yeah hope the apples worked out.

Reaction Score
Good D, still poor O, had several TO's when he put the ball on the floor. He is more of a catch and shoot guy then to try to create his own shot.

Reaction Score
Given his sweet foul line stroke, I'd almost like to see him be more aggressive in taking it to the rim, but he seems to get blocked/stripped a fair amount. (Daniels also gets blocked way more than a guy with his athleticism should.)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
After the three I thought he was going to have the game we all think he is capable of having. It didn't work out. Love the kid in the game however. Actually love when he and RJ are in the game. Can't have both in for long stretches because of reduction in offense but they are high energy and it really impacts opposing teams.

I'm in the minority I guess because I felt NG was much better last game. He missed shots but created well whereas this game his ability to create was missing. I also felt he had defensive lapses which was totally unlike his usual play. Either too much apples to apples or the late bus ride impacted his game!:)

Reaction Score
I've been waiting for him have a game like Wolf vs. Wake Forest or Olander vs ND. It would be very very nice if that so happened to come this Wednesday.

Reaction Score
Always plays hard. Always. Hope he got the apples.

Love Giffey. In the chatroom thread, after Giffey's three in the first half, I made a post channeling my inner Billy Raftery: "Apples!"

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Giffey's issue on offense is a question of confidence. When he just shoots, he hits it. When he thinks, he gets himself into trouble. I think Giffey's passing problem is often an issue of other players not doing what they are supposed to do when Giffey gets the ball. Still, 4 TO's in 20 minutes is not acceptable.

On the other hand, Giffey is not lacking any confidence on defense. He generally takes the best 2 through 4 of the other team when he is on the court, and he will pick that player up outside the 3 point line. I would be interested in seeing how many Edwin scored when Giffey was on the court. I suspect it was only a couple of baskets.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Even with Giffey's 4 TO's, UConn was +10 with Giffey on the court, including shutting down Edwin after Seton Hall went on a run to start the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom